PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben's 4 TD Passes

Black@Gold Forever32
09-10-2007, 01:11 PM
Put him in fifth place on the Steelers all-time passing TDs list.....He know has 56 for his career....Plus if Ben stays healthy he should move into 2nd place by the end of the season....So congrats to Big Ben.....I know its not a great list of QBs behind Terry....But still a Steelers QB with not even 4 seasons under his belt to be in the top five so soon says something....

The Top Five

1. Terry Bradshaw-212
2. Kordell Stewart-70
3. Neil O'Donnell-68
4. Bobby Layne-67
5. Ben Roethlisberger-56

Some other interesting notes from yesterday to were.....

Hines first quarter TD catch moved him even closer to passing John Stallworth for the most TD receptions in Steelers history......

Stallworth had 63 and Ward now has 59.....So Ward only needs 5 more to pass him to be the alltime Steelers leader....Plus after yesterday Hines only needs 668 more receiving yards to pass Stallworth for the most receiving yards in Steelers history....Both of those marks Hines will reach this year.....

BlitzburghRockCity
09-10-2007, 01:22 PM
That's an amazing stat when you think about it. All the Steeler QB's over the decades and Ben is only in his 4th year now and he's approaching yet another milestone. Keep those TD's comin Ben ! :cope:

Black@Gold Forever32
09-10-2007, 01:49 PM
bump...

PsychoWard
09-10-2007, 01:51 PM
that is a very impressive stat!! way to go ben it's only a matter of time until he is at the top of that list!!!!

Black@Gold Forever32
09-10-2007, 01:55 PM
that is a very impressive stat!! way to go ben it's only a matter of time until he is at the top of that list!!!!

Ben needs 157 to pass Terry...Hopefully Ben is resigned to do that....

PsychoWard
09-10-2007, 02:00 PM
Ben needs 157 to pass Terry...Hopefully Ben is resigned to do that....

i think if ben plays how we know he can he will be around for years to come!!

Prosdo
09-10-2007, 02:04 PM
That's pretty impressive. Way to go Ben!

Black@Gold Forever32
09-10-2007, 02:06 PM
i think if ben plays how we know he can he will be around for years to come!!

I agree bro.....I'm just saying hopefully the Steelers pay Ben what he wants...lol Its going to take a large sum to keep him.....:bigthumb: Especially if he plays great.....

PsychoWard
09-10-2007, 02:27 PM
I agree bro.....I'm just saying hopefully the Steelers pay Ben what he wants...lol Its going to take a large sum to keep him.....:bigthumb: Especially if he plays great.....

yeah i hear ya man! i guess all we can do is hope that when the time comes the steelers pony up and give him what he deserves just like they did for troy!:crossfingers:

K Train
09-10-2007, 02:29 PM
it might take alot of money but they wont let him walk at this point, he wont want to walk anyway.....something disastrous would have to happen to let ben go, i think teemont is in for many more years of bitching

Black@Gold Forever32
09-10-2007, 02:38 PM
it might take alot of money but they wont let him walk at this point, he wont want to walk anyway.....something disastrous would have to happen to let ben go, i think teemont is in for many more years of bitching

:lol:.....at teemont for bitching for many years to come...

AZ_Steeler
09-10-2007, 02:45 PM
Ben has the potential to be one of the Steelers all-time greats when it comes to QB's. As long as he can stay healthy and a Steeler Ben will be setting the new marks for a Steeler QB. The other impressive note of yesterdays performance was 4 TD's to 4 different guys :bigthumb:

Black@Gold Forever32
09-10-2007, 02:49 PM
Ben has the potential to be one of the Steelers all-time greats when it comes to QB's. As long as he can stay healthy and a Steeler Ben will be setting the new marks for a Steeler QB. The other impressive note of yesterdays performance was 4 TD's to 4 different guys :bigthumb:

4 different WRs and two of them were TEs.......Thats great using Speath in the redzone......I know he only had 1 catch but thats going to be his role when he is in there....A target for the red zone........

digdug
09-10-2007, 03:28 PM

Agreed - I too liked seeing him spread it around. Another thing I noticed was that he wasn't locking in on his receivers as much. Its impressive to think that he is rededicating himself to his craft - throwing TD's, not INT's and winning games. :cope:

BlitzburghRockCity
09-10-2007, 03:47 PM
Just think how many more TD's and positive yardage in general we'll see this year now that we are actually going to use the TE's in our passing game. Im excited for this. If Ben stays healthy it's not out of the realm of possibility to see him break Bradshaw's record in 5 years or so.

manofsteel
09-10-2007, 03:57 PM
Ben and Hines both will do well this season. They will both probably break both records

Blitzburgh55
09-10-2007, 05:00 PM
He will be in 2nd by the end of the year and Ward will be in first

TEEMONT
09-10-2007, 05:58 PM

lol...hey ask 32, I gave Ben his credit yesterday in some PM's.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-10-2007, 06:02 PM

In the words of Kurt Angle its true its true...lol Yes Teemont you did give Ben some credit......But we all know Ben will always have a special place in your heart as your whipping boy...lol We all have players/coaches like that....lol

I still don't think he is on a elite level yet...But yesterday was a nice start and the first steps for Ben maybe to have a great year....:bigthumb:

Koopa
09-10-2007, 06:04 PM
He will be in 2nd by the end of the year and Ward will be in first

naw **** that, ben is gonna be first by the end of the year :lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
09-11-2007, 12:33 AM

Wonders never cease :lol:

SteelerSteve
09-11-2007, 01:26 AM
Good job by Ben yesterday. he could have been even better if his completion percentage was a bit better but the one thing we can take away from it is that out of 12 completions he got 4 td's and I think 160-something yards, that is very efficient and even though it was against the stains I have a feeling this will be a very solid year for ben and he will reprove himself as an elite qb. Just think how many games did it take him last year to throw a TD pass? I think it was 3 and I dont know how many INT's he had. Imagine if he maintains a similar pace throughout the season?

GoBenGo
09-11-2007, 10:45 AM
I have been behind this guy since his senior season as a Redhawk.
He is going to be legendary! futue HOF.:markit:
Bens got all the tools AND is a class guy.
I was going nuts on draft day!
It just will keep getting better!!!
4tds first game of the season! HERE WE GO

BBG7
09-11-2007, 11:50 AM
While I'm not ready to say he is a future hall of famer...I'm very pleased with his performance this week. I am one that believes that last year was a fluke, but we'll see what happens when he is tested a little more. I have faith in the kid and I really think he has matured a lot.
Great job Ben!!! Keep it up!!