PDA

View Full Version : Big Dookie Davenport

ARKIESTEEL
09-10-2007, 12:03 PM
Man I thought he looked really good in this game he was tuff to bring down and keep his legs churning....he needs to work on his hands but I am glad we got him. He is running like a guy that dont want to be the 2nd string guy:yesnod: Any thoughts????

Black@Gold Forever32
09-10-2007, 12:07 PM
He looked good.....He always ran screen passes well.....But I was even impressed with how he ran the ball yesterday....He finally looked like 250 pound big back...lol

BlitzburghRockCity
09-10-2007, 12:10 PM
Damn straight ! Who says this kid isn't a tough runner ! He showed us that he's got the power to bust through tackles and gain extra yardage. If he can continue to play like that we'll be in even better shape in the running game. :woot:

DIESELMAN
09-10-2007, 12:11 PM
He looked good running, but he still needs to work on his pass protection. One play in particular where he was just standing in front of Ben not doing any blocking, Ben had to push him to get him outta the way so he could make the throw, meanwhile there was D players comin up from the rear, he needs to be more aware of what else is going around him, Ben could've been blindsided big time.

PsychoWard
09-10-2007, 12:11 PM
yeah i was very happy with dookie's performance yesterday! if he keeps that up we will have a very good one two punch!

Black@Gold Forever32
09-10-2007, 12:15 PM
He looked good running, but he still needs to work on his pass protection. One play in particular where he was just standing in front of Ben not doing any blocking, Ben had to push him to get him outta the way so he could make the throw, meanwhile there was D players comin up from the rear, he needs to be more aware of what else is going around him, Ben could've been blindsided big time.

Thats a good point Diesel.......Davenport didn't have a good blocking day at all.....I don't know if this is the same play you're talking about.....But I remember this Browns defensive player (can't remember who it was) came in untouched and Davenport let him come in untouched....He didn't even try to chip him or anything....lol At least just get in the guys way....:lol:

DIESELMAN
09-10-2007, 12:20 PM
Thats a good point Diesel.......Davenport didn't have a good blocking day at all.....I don't know if this is the same play you're talking about.....But I remember this Browns defensive player (can't remember who it was) came in untouched and Davenport let him come in untouched....He didn't even try to chip him or anything....lol At least just get in the guys way....:lol:

Not the same play but same point :lol: Exactly get his big *** in their, pancake em, shove em to the side, stick his foot in their ears, whatever it takes, don't let Ben get sacked, especially blindsided to where he'll get hurt again.

GoBenGo
09-10-2007, 12:54 PM

I saw that. He just watched the guy run by on his inside. Like he was expecting someone else to get him. In his defense, it looked like it was supposed to be a swing pass to him, with him releasing off to the left. But when the Brown blitzed he (ND) was caught in no-mans land, get the rusher, or get in the pattern. Ben was to roll right and turn and throw back to the left to ND. The blitzer went by too fast and ND started waving at Ben, but Benhad not turned yet. Luckily Ben sensed him and got rid of the ball.
Faster thinking on ND's part might have saved Big Ben a hit.

Other than shoring up his blocking , ND ran like a beast. I would like to see the ball stop coming out as he is being tackled, ground caused or not.

Koopa
09-10-2007, 02:40 PM
i wasn't impressed, it's the browns, he looked like this the last time we played them.......... he's still soft, always has been and always will be, browns make any fat back look like the second coming of bettis

BlitzburghRockCity
09-10-2007, 02:42 PM
This year and last were the first 2 years that he's been able to stay pretty healthy * knock on wood * so Im waiting to see if he can continue the trend that we saw yesterday.

yes it was the clowns, but it was a good start and atleast something to build on.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-10-2007, 02:53 PM
Nobody said Dookie was the next Bettis in this thread...lol He did run better then usual...........I still would like to see Russell dress and get some game action....But you can only dress 48 for gamedays.....

Koopa
09-10-2007, 02:55 PM
i never said anyone said it, i said the browns make any fat back look like the second coming

dookie is a soft back, it's just who he is, he will never be a power back, maybe on occasion but he will always be a little back in a fat mans body

Black@Gold Forever32
09-10-2007, 02:58 PM
i never said anyone said it, i said the browns make any fat back look like the second coming

dookie is a soft back, it's just who he is, he will never be a power back, maybe on occasion but he will always be a little back in a fat mans body

You're preaching to the choir....lol I agree with you about Dookie....:lol: But he did run well yesterday even in short yard situations......

AZ_Steeler
09-10-2007, 03:53 PM
The most impressive thing from Najeh was his third catch where he knocked several dudes on their backs as he fought for the first down!!!

:helmet:

Mike Tomlin
09-10-2007, 06:10 PM
He's got Bus-like moves but he not a finisher like the bus. Jerome would side step you until he knew he had to drop that shoulder and when he did he brought the Funk! Najeh has good foot work and balance but won't drop that shoulder. He just runs too upright to be so big, he needs a lower pad level like Russel and Davis

K Train
09-10-2007, 06:13 PM
he looked good, he REALLY fought for that one first down, cant complain about that. Dont worry about the dropped pass, he is known for having good hands and that shouldnt be an issue next week.

Of topic, anyone see holmes' beastly block, gotta love that lol

AZ_Steeler
09-10-2007, 06:21 PM
Of topic, anyone see holmes' beastly block, gotta love that lol
That was awesome!!! I've been looking for a video, that was very Ward like and you could tell Ward liked it too!

:helmet:

Mike Tomlin
09-10-2007, 06:25 PM
Yeah that was a nice block, but did you see Hines repay the favor. He put that cat out of the game.

K Train
09-10-2007, 06:47 PM
yeah but hines is no surprise he does that so often, holmes is a little dude lol

Black@Gold Forever32
09-10-2007, 06:49 PM
I don't know why people are shocked Holmes can block.....He lit up this Notre Dame defensive player in a bowl game in 2006.....He laid the dude out....so I'm not shocked at all when Holmes lays the smack on someone...

K Train
09-10-2007, 06:51 PM
im not shocked, it comes with being a steeler wideout, i just think its ****ing awesome to watch lol

Black@Gold Forever32
09-10-2007, 06:55 PM
im not shocked, it comes with being a steeler wideout, i just think its ****ing awesome to watch lol

Never said it wasn't awesome......But he blocked before being a Steelers WR...lol Probably not at the level he is now as a blocker but thats what being around Hines Ward does to a young WR.........

MDSteel15
09-11-2007, 01:16 AM
Never said it wasn't awesome......But he blocked before being a Steelers WR...lol Probably not at the level he is now as a blocker but thats what being around Hines Ward does to a young WR.........

Even though he's a Buckeye, I hope he doesn't act like Plexiglass..... :nono:
So far. so good :brucelee:

ARKIESTEEL
09-24-2007, 12:00 PM
Man I still like what I see from this guy. I know that TD he had late in the game was with a D that was broke but he still ran with some steam I am proud to have him in black and gold

AZ_Steeler
09-24-2007, 12:50 PM
Man I still like what I see from this guy. I know that TD he had late in the game was with a D that was broke but he still ran with some steam I am proud to have him in black and gold

Exactly! Also, even though is in there to run out the clock, adding another score doesn't hurt that much either because that sealed the game and made it know doubt about it! He had to break a couple tackles along the way too so it wasn't exactly a given TD! :bigthumb:

K Train
09-24-2007, 03:16 PM
i hate the name dookie, i refuse to use it, never have never will lol

ARKIESTEEL
09-24-2007, 03:17 PM

You just did:lol:

TEEMONT
09-24-2007, 03:18 PM

it would be a crappy (no pun intended) nickname if he hadn't **** in some chicks closet. Since he did, its the most hilarious nickname ever.

K Train
09-24-2007, 03:28 PM
You just did:lol:

i mean while referring to him, i can say i hate the word dookie lol

Black@Gold Forever32
09-24-2007, 03:32 PM
it would be a crappy (no pun intended) nickname if he hadn't shiat in some chicks closet. Since he did, its the most hilarious nickname ever.

Exactly.....:bigthumb:

But I have never been a huge fan of Davenport.....But he is having a solid year so far as the 2nd RB.....I always thought he was a soft runner for man his size...But this year he is running hard and looks much better.....I'm starting to feel more comfortable with "Dookie" in the game....:tt02::tt02::tt02:

memphissteelergirl
09-24-2007, 03:49 PM
I agree...Najeh needs a new nickname.

I never liked "dookie" either, nor do I like "dumptruck." as some call him.

"Bulldozer," perhaps?

ARKIESTEEL
09-24-2007, 03:50 PM
i mean while referring to him, i can say i hate the word dookie lol

Did it again:lol::banana::bigthumb::yesnod:

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
------------------------------------------------------------

I agree...Najeh needs a new nickname.

I never liked "dookie" either, nor do I like "dumptruck." as some call him.

"Bulldozer," perhaps?

I thought sense his # is 44 why not magnum....but dookie is cool

TEEMONT
09-24-2007, 03:52 PM
Magnum can be taken in other ways...lol

Dumptruck is pretty funny too...lol

K Train
09-24-2007, 03:54 PM
i just call him najeh or fatboy lol

Blitzburghpete
09-24-2007, 05:13 PM
LOL so now we are all liking Nahjeh? Where y'all been the last couple of years!! LOL

What i like about him is that team KNOW we are going to run yet they still haven't been able to stop him.

I don;t think he should start, yet, but if FWP went down injured i doubt the running game would suffer at all, we'd just adapt to type and go back to are 3 yards and dust... heck i loved that type of football always have.

Anywho we had the Bus,
WE now got FWP
So how about we call him the " MPV "( mini people van ) ??? LOL

Black@Gold Forever32
09-24-2007, 05:17 PM
LOL so now we are all liking Nahjeh? Where y'all been the last couple of years!! LOL

What i like about him is that team KNOW we are going to run yet they still haven't been able to stop him.

I don;t think he should start, yet, but if FWP went down injured i doubt the running game would suffer at all, we'd just adapt to type and go back to are 3 yards and dust... heck i loved that type of football always have.

Anywho we had the Bus,
WE now got FWP
So how about we call him the " MPV "( mini people van ) ??? LOL

Wasn't a fan of him when he was with the Pack...I thought he was injury prone and soft....He is having a solid year so far and playing well...I give him credit and players can prove me wrong....He fits his role well.....

Stlrs4Life
09-24-2007, 05:37 PM
He looked good yesterday, and against a pretty good defense. He has more yards and TDs than Tomlinson so far this season.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-24-2007, 05:52 PM
He looked good yesterday, and against a pretty good defense. He has more yards and TDs than Tomlinson so far this season.

I guarantee you nobody would have ever saw that stat coming ! :bluelol:

Black@Gold Forever32
09-24-2007, 05:55 PM
I guarantee you nobody would have ever saw that stat coming ! :bluelol:

Nope.......Thats what makes the NFL so great and interesting.....:bigthumb:

NOVA STEELERS
09-25-2007, 12:43 PM
Seems to be running and catching passes as expected, hope he continues to be a part of the offense.......