PDA

View Full Version : How will we respond now ?

BlitzburghRockCity
09-09-2007, 10:10 PM
In previous years we'd follow up win like this with a big head and end up either losing the following week or playing down to our competition and make it much harder on ourselves than it should be. Hell if you ask me in previous years we wouldn't have put so much emphasis on this game to begin with and we'd might have either lost or it would have been a lot closer.

This team is hungry and early indications are good that Tomlin will continue to be able to keep our guys focused and not let them get big heads thinking they are better than they are. That's such a big key for us because so many times in the past as I mentioned ( and it was painfully obvious last year ) we felt like we could just line up and "turn it on" whenever we needed too and it cost us countless game in the past. If we expect to be a contender this team has to remain hungry every week no matter who we play. Im anxious to see how we respond this coming week.

Mike Tomlin
09-09-2007, 10:17 PM
I don't think we'll have that problem this year. Tomlin is probably studying Buffalo as we speak. What I like about Tomlin is that he makes sure his team is prepared and ready for the unexpected. So, if we go down early next week they won't look like a deer caught in head lights.

TEEMONT
09-09-2007, 10:24 PM
The thing here is, we really don't know what to expect at all, from our coach or our team. We didn't play a good team today. Mind you I am not all doom and gloom, but I am also not too thrilled with this victory. We still don't know what to expect from Tomlin, although I am not expecting anything bad. I think the will be prepared for next week, and they better be, the Bills are a better team than the Browns. The Bills are also out to prove they are a decent team, especially after losing that heart-breaker they lost today.

All I know is we need to get to the bye week at 5-0. Anything less than that is going to make it hard later in the season.

K Train
09-09-2007, 10:25 PM
this isnt a cowher led team, im sure we wont lose focus

Mike Tomlin
09-09-2007, 10:32 PM
Teemont, You act as if we don't have anything to prove, we didn't exactly win the superbowl ourselves. These guys know that this team was way better than 8-8 and now they have to prove their not battling Cleveland for the bottom spot in AFC north. The team had that spark about them today that hasn't been seen since 2005, and i'm sure they all want Tomlin to succeed. Tomlin is a well organized guy , we'll be ready for Buffalo

Black@Gold Forever32
09-09-2007, 10:32 PM
The thing here is, we really don't know what to expect at all, from our coach or our team. We didn't play a good team today. Mind you I am not all doom and gloom, but I am also not too thrilled with this victory. We still don't know what to expect from Tomlin, although I am not expecting anything bad. I think the will be prepared for next week, and they better be, the Bills are a better team than the Browns. The Bills are also out to prove they are a decent team, especially after losing that heart-breaker they lost today.

All I know is we need to get to the bye week at 5-0. Anything less than that is going to make it hard later in the season.

No we didn't play a good team....But the Steelers are supposed to blow out the Browns and they did...Plus they still managed 34 points today with not being in complete sync....Really the Steelers should have scored 50 today and I'm not kidding....

I think the Steelers will be fine next week against the Bills....I expect the offense to better in sync and the Bills defense isn't all that really.....

Ben could have another 4 TD passes next week...lol

BlitzburghRockCity
09-09-2007, 10:33 PM

That's exactly the reason why Im anxious to see how we do. We don't know how this team will respond week in and week out. Will they come back strong after a loss or will they tank ? Will they come back hungry after a big win or will they get big heads again. I'd hope we respond well and stay focused as Ktrain mentioned because this isn't a BC team anymore but only time will tell.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-09-2007, 10:34 PM
Dude its the home opener...Thats all I have to say...I think they will be ready and fired up....I think the Steelers win in double digits again next week....I'm thinking 27-13.........

Stlrs4Life
09-09-2007, 10:37 PM
As long as Mike Tomlin keeps his team the same as he keeps himself on an even keel. They will be fine. He seems to be a very disciplined HC.

Mike Tomlin
09-09-2007, 10:37 PM
Plus the D felt they should have had a shut-out, so theirs another chip on the old shoulder.

StlersGuy
09-09-2007, 10:39 PM
I look for us to do just fine next week... Hell we play the Bills and they are well just as bad as the Clowns

K Train
09-09-2007, 10:40 PM
losman is in over his head in this one imo

Mike Tomlin
09-09-2007, 10:43 PM

Doesn't matter cuz them boyz gone take it off his shoulders anyway.:tt02::helmet:

BlitzburghRockCity
09-09-2007, 10:55 PM
As long as Mike Tomlin keeps his team the same as he keeps himself on an even keel. They will be fine. He seems to be a very disciplined HC.

That's a good point. Players like Porter were fiery guys just like BC used to be, we emulated our coach. If we emulate Tomlin and his discipline ways in every facet of the game we'll be a better team for it.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-10-2007, 12:12 AM

Yep........:yesnod: Lynch won't run the ball against our D......Only real receiving threat Losman has is Lee Evans....So keep him in check and the Bills offense won't do crap......Plus Cutler lit the Bills secondary for over 300 yards today...I would expect Ben and our WRs to light up the Bills bad next Sunday....

TEEMONT
09-10-2007, 12:18 AM
Teemont, You act as if we don't have anything to prove, we didn't exactly win the superbowl ourselves. These guys know that this team was way better than 8-8 and now they have to prove their not battling Cleveland for the bottom spot in AFC north. The team had that spark about them today that hasn't been seen since 2005, and i'm sure they all want Tomlin to succeed. Tomlin is a well organized guy , we'll be ready for Buffalo

Did you even read my post?

These guys have plenty to prove, but we still don't know what to expect from the yet. I don;t think I knocked anyone on the team in my post, I simply stated that Buffalo is a better (better than I thought) team than Cleveland.

And seeing as we have never seen a Mike Tomlin team go 1-0, we don't know what to expect next week. I know this is Tomlin's team, but they still have quite a few Cowher traits left around. Once again, not doom and gloom, but they have plenty to prove.

JB 67
09-10-2007, 09:24 AM
We should beat the Bills ,I would worry about the special teams of Buffalo if Cowher was still the coach but I think we'll be better prepared.....Big test for the Steelers secondary against Lee Evans Denver shut him down.

Dako
09-10-2007, 10:23 AM
Steelers 27 Bills 13

steelcitysfinestXL
09-10-2007, 10:25 AM
Yes but denver has Dre Bly and Champ Bailey... we need to get the same pressure on Lossman that we showed testerday. Lossman will be throwing picks up like they're goin out of style. Lynch will have more on his plate, trying to read blitz pick ups on passing downs, and not having a clue who is coming when he does tote the rock. If we can pressure lossman early and often i see a similar outcome because the bills D is soft. If JP has time he Evens will be 6yards past the safties and this game will be closer than it has to be... the hey is "PRESSURE"

Iron City South
09-10-2007, 11:56 AM
Well, considering we're playing a M.A.S.H Unit next week ... I'm highly optimistic that we can achieve 2-0 with relative ease. You never know though .... anything can happen.

digdug
09-10-2007, 01:03 PM
And seeing as we have never seen a Mike Tomlin team go 1-0, we don't know what to expect next week. I know this is Tomlin's team, but they still have quite a few Cowher traits left around. Once again, not doom and gloom, but they have plenty to prove.

Let's hope that they have the same mentality of plenty left to prove. At times it seems something like that is what drives this team. If they keep that chip on their shoulder, they perform better. Too many times complacency slipped in under the BC regime. Hopefully MT will keep them focused and dedicated (which he will IMO). The Steelers in general respond well to pressure to perform (as was evidenced last year in the 6-2 finish after a disappointing 2-6 start).