PDA

View Full Version : Who's your MVP this week?

BlitzburghRockCity
09-09-2007, 05:04 PM
Just like it says, who's your choice for MVP in this weeks game.

FYI, this will be something that we incorporate into the new homepage at some point in the near future but for now we'll just use this thread.

StlersGuy
09-09-2007, 05:08 PM
I will have to go with the Clevealnd Clowns, after all they gave use great field position all game long...

Blitzburgh55
09-09-2007, 05:09 PM
Big Ben 4tds no Ints

BlitzburghRockCity
09-09-2007, 05:11 PM
I had to go with the entire defense. The pass rush was wicked. 6 sacks, 4 turnovers and the DB's were all over the WR's bringing the wood everytime they caught the ball.

BlackGold4vr
09-09-2007, 05:16 PM
I had to go with the entire defense. The pass rush was wicked. 6 sacks, 4 turnovers and the DB's were all over the WR's bringing the wood everytime they caught the ball.

:plus1:

Our defense was the story of this game without a doubt.

StlersGuy
09-09-2007, 05:19 PM
:plus1:

Our defense was the story of this game without a doubt.

yes it was... :tt02:

seth_westover
09-09-2007, 05:22 PM
I was quite impressed with the entire defense as a whole, but deshea really impressed me today! i didnt get to watch the game, being in tennessee sucks, but i listened to it on sirus and i was extremely impressed from what i heard about deshea! i was calling for him to lose his job! granted it was against the $h!t stains, but he impressed me! maybe mcfadden didnt get the job for a reason!

K Train
09-09-2007, 05:24 PM
the defense would have got it if they didnt get lazy once,

big ben by far

seth_westover
09-09-2007, 05:29 PM
btw, F*** BILL!!! HE JUST TOOK A SHOT AT US AGAIN!!! bill was talking about how good the vikings looked and shannon said well can they play the falcons 8 more times? he said well can the steelers play the browns 8 more times?

what a prick! he wants us to fail so he looks better!! glad hes gone!! he cant be happy for the team that MADE him!

Mike Tomlin
09-09-2007, 05:39 PM
I was quite impressed with the entire defense as a whole, but deshea really impressed me today! i didnt get to watch the game, being in tennessee sucks, but i listened to it on sirus and i was extremely impressed from what i heard about deshea! i was calling for him to lose his job! granted it was against the $h!t stains, but he impressed me! maybe mcfadden didnt get the job for a reason!

Like I said earlier Deshea is a more consistant and smarter corner than McFadden. Mcfad has the all the Physical attributes to be better ,but not the field intelligence. I think it's good for Mcfadden to watch Deshea on the field, he'll get a feel of what Deshea reads on defense.

BlitzburghNation
09-09-2007, 05:39 PM
D E F E N S E

With Big Ben a close 2nd ~~~~:tt02:

BlackGold4vr
09-09-2007, 05:40 PM
btw, F*** BILL!!! HE JUST TOOK A SHOT AT US AGAIN!!! bill was talking about how good the vikings looked and shannon said well can they play the falcons 8 more times? he said well can the steelers play the browns 8 more times?

what a prick! he wants us to fail so he looks better!! glad hes gone!! he cant be happy for the team that MADE him!

Bill Cowher will continue to show us what a classless person he is and after he gets his next coaching gig he will show that he aint all that much of a coach either. Of course we already knew that!

:bigthumb:

StlersGuy
09-09-2007, 06:01 PM
Big Ben played one hell of a game

His numbers

12/23 161 yards 4 TD's 0 INT's

steelerfan11
09-09-2007, 06:03 PM
Bill Cowher will continue to show us what a classless person he is and after he gets his next coaching gig he will show that he aint all that much of a coach either. Of course we already knew that!

Bill was ripping on Ben before about how bad ben was going to do in the game and Boomer ripped on Bill about not trusting his QB and other players. This must have happened in the pregame show but i missed it.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-09-2007, 06:04 PM

Shannon took a shot at Bill too saying how the Steelers won because they are a well coached team now :doh1: :bwah: I love it !

steelerfan11
09-09-2007, 06:05 PM
I would say D-Sep along with the Defense. All had big contributers with field possession.

Captcoolhand
09-09-2007, 06:09 PM
the little girl in the wheelchair sitting on the sides lines tellng Alan that he's too young to be huffing and puffing this early in the game.:yesnod:

digdug
09-09-2007, 06:23 PM

:plus1: you said it!!

Mike Tomlin
09-09-2007, 06:27 PM
I could care less what Bill has to say about anybody ,especially the way he layed down and gave away the season last year.

Stlrs4Life
09-09-2007, 06:28 PM
Defense Big Time. If I had to choose another option it would either be the Special Teams, or the entire team.

Captcoolhand
09-09-2007, 06:35 PM
I could care less what Bill has to say about anybody ,especially the way he layed down and gave away the season last year.
:clap:Who cares about Cowher, he will just lay down for that team and take another 15 seasons to try and win another SB.
BUT, you can't blame the guy for taking 10 mil. A year for trying to bring around a loosing team.

Hburg
09-09-2007, 06:45 PM
Points of Strenght by the Steelers Defense Week 1:

- Were on the field for the majority of the game up until the 3rd quarter.
- Overall shut down of the Cleveland (with exception of one Browns scoring drive).
* The Blitz was strong and forceful: 6 sacks; 43 yards lost
* 4 Forced Fumbles: 3 Recovered Fumbles
* Blocked Field Goal to hold the lead early in the game.
* Dominated Jamal Lewis and the Browns' running game.
* Forced Cleveland to pass: 6 sacks; 4 fumbles; 2 interceptions

Ben Roethlisberger's Performance Week 1:

- 4 Touchdowns
- 0 Interceptions
- 1 shakey attempt in the Red Zone in the 1st quarter: Incomplete on 3rd down; Field Goal
- 1 sack: 2 yard loss

The Offensive Line had some shakey points, allowing a sack and hurrying the quarterback on multiple plays. They seemed to noticeably tire out in the 3rd quarter. Hopefully that will toughen up soon or else the offense will not be as productive as hoped.

The Special Teams were surprisingly good. Good kicks, good returning, and good ball coverage for downing punts deep in Brown's territory.

BuFu

AZ_Steeler
09-09-2007, 07:17 PM
Even though Bens comp % isn't the best he did throw 4 TD's to four different guys, so Ben gets my vote!

black an gold 4 life
09-09-2007, 08:02 PM
mines was the special teams the defense did what they suppose 2 do especially against the stains but the s.t. was on point excellent jod d-sep an crew if we keep this up we will b 12-4

Black@Gold Forever32
09-09-2007, 08:33 PM
The defense was just flat out awesome today so I give them the MVP for the game...

GoBenGo
09-09-2007, 08:50 PM
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::b anana:
DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEFeeeeeeeeence!
Took out the starting quarterback in the first quarter, of the first game ,of the season:hilarious: and not for an injury.
... hurt feelings maybe.
Everybody played!!

BlackGold4vr
09-09-2007, 08:54 PM
How about a shout out to Shannon Sharpe who punked Bill Cowher as he was ripping on his old team.

BC: Let's wait and see what happens when they play a "real" team

SS: Well we can see that they can play now that they have a "real" coach

Thanks Shannon! Just a shame you would have to come to our defense against our old coach.

:helmet:

Stairwayto7
09-09-2007, 08:56 PM
Tomlin and the coaching staff for a great game plan , and going for it on 4th and short at the 50. Would Cowher have gone for it?

BlitzburghRockCity
09-09-2007, 09:11 PM
How about a shout out to Shannon Sharpe who punked Bill Cowher as he was ripping on his old team.

BC: Let's wait and see what happens when they play a "real" team

SS: Well we can see that they can play now that they have a "real" coach

Thanks Shannon! Just a shame you would have to come to our defense against our old coach.

:helmet:

I hope they keep this up all year long because Shannon can be an *** he's not afraid to say something controversial to backup his points. :lol:

KingNothing16
09-09-2007, 09:22 PM
Big Ben.

TEEMONT
09-09-2007, 09:29 PM
I would said Ben if his completion % was up, but he needs to complete a few more passes. The D looked good, although I am not getting too excited yet, this was Cleveland.

I'll say the D.

Mike Tomlin
09-09-2007, 10:20 PM
Tomlin and the coaching staff for a great game plan , and going for it on 4th and short at the 50. Would Cowher have gone for it?Nope ,cuz he's got balls the size of B.B's lol!

StlersGuy
09-09-2007, 10:37 PM
Nope ,cuz he's got balls the size of B.B's lol!

I did not think they where that big :greengrin: :hilarious: besides I heard he only has 1....

Mike Tomlin
09-09-2007, 10:39 PM
Awww LOL! I at least gave him 2:bluelol:

GoBenGo
09-10-2007, 01:22 AM
Ben "Rocks Da' Burgh" Roethlisberger monster Game thanks to the new Head Man in Pittsburgh Mike Tomlin!!!!!!!!!!

MDSteel15
09-10-2007, 01:30 AM
I agree with everyone on here saying Ben Ben Ben....... BUT, it was the defense! PERIOD.... Those boys sacked the Clowns 6 times and caused 5 TO's to set the offense up in short range of the end zone several times. As usual in Da' Burgh, the D set the pace.

DIESELMAN
09-10-2007, 01:57 AM
I agree with everyone on here saying Ben Ben Ben....... BUT, it was the defense! PERIOD.... Those boys sacked the Clowns 6 times and caused 5 TO's to set the offense up in short range of the end zone several times. As usual in Da' Burgh, the D set the pace.

:plus1: No doubt bro!! 5 TO's, 2 INT's, 3 FF's and 6 sacks is a game stat I would love to see every weekend. They dominated the whole game, none of this down to the last minute pucker up **** we're used to seeing every weekend....our D needs to keep the killer instinct and cut the thoats of everybody every weekend!!!!! :cope: :cope: :cope: :cope: :cope:

Ambridge
09-10-2007, 08:52 AM
The Defense gets my vote.

I think an Honorable Mention should go to Jeff Reed.
I believe he put all of his kick-offs in the end zone(I don't think he had help from the wind either)instead of the 10+ yard line like usual and he made his FG attempts.

JB 67
09-10-2007, 09:07 AM
I vote for Ben the game manager with a honorable mention to the new coach for the emphasis on special teams :cope:

Prosdo
09-10-2007, 03:11 PM
I have to say Ben. Coming into the season people were questioning whether he could come back or not. Granted it was the Browns, but he had a great game. The pass to Holmes was beautiful!

pitt
09-10-2007, 04:05 PM
The entire Defense

BR7
09-10-2007, 04:15 PM
41 votes.. as long as I've been here I don't think I've seen 41 votes on anything before :D

I voted D.

manofsteel
09-10-2007, 04:58 PM
Big Ben 4 TDS an no INTS.

Blitzburgh55
09-10-2007, 05:57 PM
Big Ben.

Glad to see you came to the site:bigthumb:

BBG7
09-10-2007, 05:58 PM
I went with the D, but Ben had a great performance also.

Mike Tomlin
09-10-2007, 06:02 PM
41 votes.. as long as I've been here I don't think I've seen 41 votes on anything before :D

I voted D.

What were they throwing in your sig?

AZ_Steeler
09-12-2007, 12:56 AM
SA's Player of the Game this week goes to:

http://www.steeleraddicts.com/img/potg/week1_potg.jpg
The DEFENSE

Stairwayto7
09-13-2007, 09:21 AM
I would said Ben if his completion % was up, but he needs to complete a few more passes. The D looked good, although I am not getting too excited yet, this was Cleveland.

I'll say the D.

Alot of drops though, that did not help his %