PDA

View Full Version : **This just in** The Special Teams contributed to the win !

BlitzburghRockCity
09-09-2007, 04:50 PM
Finally we saw a ST unit that actually didn't hinder the outcome of the game. Granted it's only game 1 of the season and yes
it was the clowns but considering how bad they were last year I have some optimism about this group. DSep is just a monster. He
was making those kicks count and we forced the clowns to start inside their 10 on several occasions today because he gave
the coverage units time to get there and down the ball.

The coverage units showed promise and if they continue to work together they should only get better. Cribbs is no slouch
in the return game and they kept him in check all day long.

Reed make his kicks count but he still makes me nervous. Not so much on the road but definitely at home. His kickoffs
were definitely better today. He had 3 Touchbacks and most of the kicks atleast went inside the 5.

Rossum is just what the doctor ordered for our return game. He makes one move and then BAM he's gone, hitting the hole
with authority and making the most out of his returns.

BlitzburghNation
09-09-2007, 05:40 PM
Very,very,very PLEASED with our ST ~~~~~ :clap::clap::clap:

K Train
09-09-2007, 05:42 PM
i would just like to say your welcome for D-sep

StlersGuy
09-09-2007, 05:46 PM
I am happy all around with the way the whole team played, other then the droped balls I am not to upset at all...

Captcoolhand
09-09-2007, 05:51 PM
i would just like to say your welcome for D-sep
ok he's good but you need to lose that avatar and put him in a steelers uniform and not what you got him in.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-09-2007, 06:02 PM
If he keeps punting like he did today he'll be in a pro bowl uniform ;)

digdug
09-09-2007, 06:15 PM
Very,very,very PLEASED with our ST ~~~~~ :clap::clap::clap:

:ditto:

Blitzburgh55
09-09-2007, 06:19 PM
ST made the ealges lose this week

AZ_Steeler
09-09-2007, 07:49 PM
D-Sep was well worth the draft picks! It's hard to believe he has so much control over the ball that he can let it hang in the air for 5 seconds and have it drop on the 5-yard line and stick! Simply Awesome!!!

:cope:

Black@Gold Forever32
09-09-2007, 08:32 PM
I said the coverage units on special teams looked better in the pre-season and they were fine today......Reed made his field goals.......I thought D-Sep was really good for his first real pro game......

GoBenGo
09-09-2007, 08:56 PM
I knew Rossum was a great acquisition! Sure hands ggreat speed!!
D Sep judt totally killed them all day.

And who wouldn't love to see D-Sep kick the crap out of their punter in THE OCTAGON!!

DIESELMAN
09-09-2007, 09:25 PM
4 out of 6 punts were inside the 20. :bigthumb: Definitely made it easier on our D handing ****** field position to the outclassed Shitstains. :cope:

BlitzburghRockCity
09-09-2007, 09:30 PM
Im just so amazed at how nice it is to finally have a punter who can consistently boot the ball with so much control. It's going to be a real boost to the defense to not have to defend a short field because the punter sucked so much before.

Mike Tomlin
09-09-2007, 10:36 PM
We stayed in good field position all day, and we never let their punt returner get a chance to break. The kickoff coverage was great too.

GoBenGo
09-10-2007, 01:12 AM
Im just so amazed at how nice it is to finally have a punter who can consistently boot the ball with so much control. It's going to be a real boost to the defense to not have to defend a short field because the punter sucked so much before.:nono:
Gardocki neverhad a punt blocked in his career...

:eyecrazy: still sucked:iagree:

:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:
kicked the crap out of the Browns:cope::cope:
We are the Brownskeepers!!!:buttkick:

own 'em owned 'em all:brownssuck:

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
------------------------------------------------------------
D-sep puts the D-spin on it. The ball hits and sticks. Notice he will drop the ball differently for that. Real cool.