PDA

View Full Version : Browns O-line in Trouble

BlackGold4vr
09-08-2007, 01:03 AM
The Cleveland Browns' offensive line will play it's first game together -- ever --Sunday, and the Steelers think that's no way to go into a season opener

Suppose, just for a minute, that you had an offensive line that opened the season this way:

Left Tackle - rookie

Left Guard - first week with new team after rehabbing injured knee

Center - fill-in for expensive and injured free agent aquisition

Right Guard - first regular season game with new team

Right Tackle - moved from left tackle this season and is questionable with a concussion

What would you say about the chances of such a line coming into the opener?

This is an exerpt from an article in SCI.com Doesn't sound too good for the Brownies does it? And I thought we had some O-line problems! There problems make ours look like a walk in the park. Add all these new guys and Lebeau's confusing schemes and it all adds up to a long day for Charlie Frye!

:tt02:

K Train
09-08-2007, 01:11 AM
in all seriousness, "rookie" doesnt justify joe thomas's talent. the rest of the line is screwed though lol

BlackGold4vr
09-08-2007, 01:21 AM
in all seriousness, "rookie" doesnt justify joe thomas's talent. the rest of the line is screwed though lol

I am not saying that Joe Thomas is not good. I wish we had him. But he is still a rookie and he is going against talent that is a whole lot better than the stuff he dominated in college. Faster and stronger.

Hell, even guys like Allen Faneca get beat and he is a 6 time pro bowler.

I guarantee you Thomas will get beat more than once in this weeks game.

A couple years from now, Thomas will be a beast. Sunday, he will be a victim of his inexperience.

Jamal Lewis couldn't run on our D with the Ravens much better O-line. He will not find much success running behind this inexperienced O-line. I expect the Steelers to win big in this game. We are just in another class than this team. :yesnod:

Mike Tomlin
09-08-2007, 02:52 AM
I agree that Joe Thomas is good but I think Woodley is gone do him bad sunday. One he won't know who's coming and two by the time he does he'll have 265 LBS coming at him fast, with bad intentions.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-08-2007, 07:29 AM
The clowns have had a tin foil offensive line for so long now that they don't know any better. If they actually end up with a good line at some point in the future the fans won'tk now what to do with themselves :bwah:

GoBenGo
09-08-2007, 11:02 AM
Frye Cooked?:hilarious:

TEEMONT
09-08-2007, 11:54 AM
I ain't gonna talk **** on another teams O-line until I see ours in action.

StlersGuy
09-08-2007, 11:57 AM
wait the Browns have an O-line....

digdug
09-08-2007, 12:32 PM
The clowns have had a tin foil offensive line for so long now that they don't know any better. If they actually end up with a good line at some point in the future the fans won'tk now what to do with themselves :bwah:

IMO Clowns and good shouldn't go in the same paragraph let alone the same sentence. :nono:

SteelersfaninPhilly
09-08-2007, 07:52 PM
LeBeau must be foaming at the mouth. Since Tomlin, has given him more freedom. The browns are screwed :lol: :tt02:

black an gold 4 life
09-08-2007, 11:55 PM
i hope cleveland is better because that makes pittsburgh take them more serious i don't want the same thing 2 happen this year that happened last year when we had 2 wait 4 quarters 2 score 24 points 2 win i want pittsburgh 2 b focus an ready as if ther playing 4 the superbowl

BlitzburghRockCity
09-09-2007, 12:59 AM
IMO Clowns and good shouldn't go in the same paragraph let alone the same sentence. :nono:

Clowns shouldn't be a phrase that goes with anything good, I agree..and since they won't be good yet again this year it's all more funny :hilarious:

Stlrs4Life
09-09-2007, 01:07 AM
I ain't gonna talk shiat on another teams O-line until I see ours in action.

I agree. Me niether.