PDA

View Full Version : Colts Look In Mid-Season Form

Black@Gold Forever32
09-06-2007, 11:11 PM
The defending champs looked super tonight....The whole team looked in mid-season form.......Props to them for coming out strong and blowing out the Saints....

Well Peyton looked like Peyton...What is there to say really....He is easily over 250 yards tonight with 3 TDs and no picks...1 to Harrison and 2 to Wayne...I thought Joseph Addai ran the ball well tonight and he is over 100 yards on the ground with a TD......The Colts defense played an awesome game holding the Saints offense to only three points so far...The Saints scored their lone TD on a fumble recovery......Lot of football left but the Colts impressed tonight.....

BlackGold4vr
09-06-2007, 11:56 PM
Regardless of the accolades the media throw at the Saints I don't believe they are that good. The Colts are once again blessed with an incredibly easy schedule and part of that comes from being in one of the weaker divisions. I believe Madden & Michaels were talking about it and the Colts don't play another playoff team until week 9 when they play New England. The Colts can mail it in because there is no way they miss the playoffs. Is a soft schedule good for a team? Did it help the Bears last year? The Colts are a top 5 team, but they aren't as good as the Saints made them look. :nono:

Black@Gold Forever32
09-07-2007, 12:03 AM
Regardless of the accolades the media throw at the Saints I don't believe they are that good. The Colts are once again blessed with an incredibly easy schedule and part of that comes from being in one of the weaker divisions. I believe Madden & Michaels were talking about it and the Colts don't play another playoff team until week 9 when they play New England. The Colts can mail it in because there is no way they miss the playoffs. Is a soft schedule good for a team? Did it help the Bears last year? The Colts are a top 5 team, but they aren't as good as the Saints made them look. :nono:

I'm probably the biggest Colts hater you can find...I can't stand them or their QB....lol But I can give props when a team plays well and totally just destroys the other team.....Say what you want about the Saints...But they have a ton of offensive talent and the Colts defense just shut them down.....

Plus all I said they looked in mid-season form and were impressive tonight......But you want to talk about their schedule...The Colts don't make their schedule...They go out and play the teams thats on their schedule...So that whole schedule argument is weak...:nono:

Troyisabeast_43
09-07-2007, 12:18 AM
They looked great tonight no doubt about it but its only 1 game and Im sure the Colts are going to hit a few bumps in the road along the way and will face teams that have better defenses that will contain Manning unlike the Saints did tonight. Colts are a good team and will be there in the end but they are by no means unbeateable.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-07-2007, 12:23 AM
They looked great tonight no doubt about it but its only 1 game and Im sure the Colts are going to hit a few bumps in the road along the way and will face teams that have better defenses that will contain Manning unlike the Saints did tonight. Colts are a good team and will be there in the end but they are by no means unbeateable.

I didn't say they were unbeatable and I said there is a ton of football left...I just commented on how they looked tonight...Don't read to much into it...lol

SteelerBee43
09-07-2007, 12:24 AM
Did anyone tell the Saints there was game tonite:dunno:Hopefully just a case of the jitters:scratch:

Black@Gold Forever32
09-07-2007, 12:25 AM
Did anyone tell the Saints there was game tonite:dunno:Hopefully just a case of the jitters:scratch:

No kidding....Even Brees looked terrible...lol The Saints looked like the Aints...lol

Steelersfan
09-07-2007, 12:57 AM
If you get up on the Colts (as the Pats and Steelers have shown) you take away their D. You get behind on the Colts and you have a long day ahead of you with that pass rush.

BBG7
09-07-2007, 11:52 AM
It's only game 1. Hell the Steelers looked great opeing night last year also and they finished 8-8. I think the Colts will be tough this year, but they always are. The Saints played horrible tonight, but I will give the Colts credit...they appear to be a team to beat.

Mach1
09-07-2007, 11:59 AM
If the saints are one of the elite nfc teams, chalk up another afc super bowl win.

StlersGuy
09-07-2007, 12:24 PM
It is only 1 game and besides they played the Aints

Black@Gold Forever32
09-07-2007, 12:39 PM
Try to give another team some props for a dominating win in their season opener and people act I'm saying the season is over already and I'm chalking up another Super Bowl in for the Colts...lol

Was just commenting on the Colts destroying the Saints last night and trust me I know its only one game...lol

BBG7
09-07-2007, 12:42 PM
Try to give another team some props for a dominating win in their season opener and people act I'm saying the season is over already and I'm chalking up another Super Bowl in for the Colts...lol

Was just commenting on the Colts destroying the Saints last night and trust me I know its only one game...lol

I don't think anyone is saying that....just stating their opinions. They did look good, as much as I hate to say it....but like you said....it's week 1

SteelersfaninPhilly
09-07-2007, 02:23 PM
I would not going crowning the dolts just yet. The NFC is an inferior conference to the AFC.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-07-2007, 02:25 PM
I would not going crowning the dolts just yet. The NFC is an inferior conference to the AFC.

God can people read? I didn't crown anybody....:lol: All I did was comment on the Colts performance last night....thats all...lol

StlersGuy
09-07-2007, 02:55 PM
Wait did someone say crown

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_N1OjGhIFc

Ok back on topic, yes the colts looked good however they where the home team and they ready for the game, I myself do not think they will win it all like people are saying they will, however I do think they will make it to the AFC Championship game

K Train
09-07-2007, 10:30 PM
the saints DBs are and always have been sorry, they looked like a bunch of retards trying to **** a doorknob.

**** the colts, i give them no credit lol

TEEMONT
09-07-2007, 10:41 PM
God can people read? I didn't crown anybody....:lol: All I did was comment on the Colts performance last night....thats all...lol

Now you know how it feels lol

God get off of Peytons nuts.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-07-2007, 10:45 PM
Now you know how it feels lol

God get off of Peytons nuts.

I have never been on Peyton's nuts.....You're the resident Peyton knob slobber.....:lol: I'm just messing with you Tee, but for real the Colts looked sharp last night.....Their defense came to play....Picked up were they left off from the play-offs.....

Mike Tomlin
09-08-2007, 01:54 AM
LOL! They did Jason David REAL bad.

TEEMONT
09-08-2007, 10:00 AM
I have never been on Peyton's nuts.....You're the resident Peyton knob slobber.....:lol: I'm just messing with you Tee, but for real the Colts looked sharp last night.....Their defense came to play....Picked up were they left off from the play-offs.....

I agree they did look good, but their D is still pretty decent even with losing a few guys, and the Saints are overrated. Plus no one is prepared liking Peyton, I wish Ben had half of his dedication.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-08-2007, 12:00 PM

Don't you know better by now Mr Colts hater? :bluelol:

Im not ready to crown the colts as anything other than a team that started out good in 2007 with 1 win. The saints are still overrated and learning how to win together. They have great players but their D is still very suspect and with a subpar defense with the wrong game plan or a good game plan that's not executed right; Manning will pick you apart.

I'll wait and see just how good they think they are later on this year. Their defense is hardly all that either, the colts that is. They have a lot of good players but they can be beat if you get in Mannings face and disrupt that offense.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-08-2007, 12:14 PM
Don't you know better by now Mr Colts hater? :bluelol:

Im not ready to crown the colts as anything other than a team that started out good in 2007 with 1 win. The saints are still overrated and learning how to win together. They have great players but their D is still very suspect and with a subpar defense with the wrong game plan or a good game plan that's not executed right; Manning will pick you apart.

I'll wait and see just how good they think they are later on this year. Their defense is hardly all that either, the colts that is. They have a lot of good players but they can be beat if you get in Mannings face and disrupt that offense.

But that defense was impressive....They played great in the play-offs and their great play continued against the Saints....Say what you want about the Saints......But they're still one of the most talented football teams on offense in the whole NFL....They made Drew Brees look like Kent Graham.....lol The combo of Deuce Mac and Reggie Bush were stopped all night.....

I didn't think the Colts defense would have played that well against the Saints offense.....

I hate the Colts and I enjoy nothing more to see this team go down in flames......But that was impressive opening season win no matter how you slice it....

digdug
09-08-2007, 12:41 PM
LOL! They did Jason David REAL bad.

And Peyton said they weren't targeting David - yeah right!! They knew what they were doing the whole time. If you know your WR can beat the DB and you know the DB's weaknesses - you would be stupid not to. The Colts coaching staff (Peyton included) is not stupid. As to their performance in the game - mid-season form is a good way to state it - throws on target, open receivers, and defense on par (not as good as the Aints made them look).

RW318
09-08-2007, 06:08 PM
Peyton Manning>>>>>every other NFL QB. They showed they are still the team to beat and that's all that matters.

Their defense is obviously underrated....and the Saints offensive line is trash...complete trash.