PDA

View Full Version : Power Rankings

Hawk Believer
09-12-2006, 08:08 PM
Here is ESPN's new rankings after week 1...
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking?season=2006&week=2

Uh oh. They ranked the Steelers No. 1. What will you guys do with yourselves if they take away the nobody respects us card?:hilarious:

Also notable... The rise of the Ravens and Falcons and the fall of the Panthers.

AZ_Steeler
09-12-2006, 08:11 PM
Now these are some power rankings!!! That's all I need to see is that the Steelers are ranked number 1.

You will probably like the rankings I posted better Hawk (at precisley the same time you posted your rankings)! :lol: http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/showthread.php?t=920

House of Steel
09-12-2006, 08:14 PM
Now I definitely got some beef with this ranking.

Indianapolis behind Pittsburgh? Ummmm...they got no running game.

Seattle at number three.....after that measly game, YEAH RIGHT!

I don't understand Minnesota being ranked below some losing teams????

Cleveland should be 31st on that list.

Other than that, I agree with the Steelers #1 :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
09-12-2006, 08:18 PM
Oh trust me, we still have the no respect card. NFL network, ESPN football shows, NBC, CBC, Fox, nobody is showing any of our highlights or saying anything about our big win in prime time. We did play last thursday didn't we? :scratch:

They can just keep on overlooking us and we'll just keep on showing up week in and week out.

AZ_Steeler
09-12-2006, 08:20 PM
Oh trust me, we still have the no respect card. NFL network, ESPN football shows, NBC, CBC, Fox, nobody is showing any of our highlights or saying anything about our big win in prime time. We did play last thursday didn't we? :scratch:

They can just keep on overlooking us and we'll just keep on showing up week in and week out.

When it comes to the Steelers you eitehr love em or you hate them. My guess is the majority of writers in the NFL hate them and can't keep their feelings out of their rankings and write something truthfull!

House of Steel
09-12-2006, 08:23 PM
May I relate this subject to the Bang Cartoon relating to the ESPN NFL COUNTDOWN FOOLS??? Watch that and you will definitely get a better opinion. :hilarious:

Hawk Believer
09-12-2006, 08:31 PM
Honestly though, don't you guys like the us against the rest of the world approach? Isn't that prefereable to say, how the Colts are treated?

AZ_Steeler
09-12-2006, 08:37 PM
Honestly though, don't you guys like the us against the rest of the world approach? Isn't that prefereable to say, how the Colts are treated?

We do very much like the us against the world approach... there still is hope in converting you to a Steeler ;). Any time the Steelers have the media backing they can never follow through and the focus is lost.

The more doubters there are of a repeat the better I like the Steelers chances! :tt02:

Hawk Believer
09-12-2006, 08:40 PM
We do very much like the us against the world approach... there still is hope in converting you to a Steeler ;). Any time the Steelers have the media backing they can never follow through and the focus is lost.

The more doubters there are of a repeat the better I like the Steelers chances! :tt02:
Honestly, I think every winning team likes feeling disrespected in the NFL. NCAA is a different story since respect equals better bowl games.

Hawk Believer
09-12-2006, 09:07 PM
May I relate this subject to the Bang Cartoon relating to the ESPN NFL COUNTDOWN FOOLS??? Watch that and you will definitely get a better opinion. :hilarious:
That was some funny stuff...

shimmysteelerfan
09-12-2006, 09:23 PM

i do....i cant believe the hype on the colts....maybe if they won something.....other wise they suck in my book.....:banana:

Blitzburgh55
09-12-2006, 09:49 PM
I think they are good rankins but Saints should at least be in the teens and Seahawks should be lower they barley won 9-6 to the lions

Prosdo
09-12-2006, 09:51 PM
The Ravens are number 6?

Blitzburgh55
09-12-2006, 09:52 PM
The Ravens are number 6?
Maybe since they beat the Bucs like 27-0

PITT23
09-12-2006, 09:53 PM
The Ravens are number 6?
Just more people jumping on the McNair bandwagon. An older and often injured guy is going to turn this entire team around. Yeah right...

House of Steel
09-12-2006, 10:02 PM
Where the barf smiley when you need it??? :hilarious:

BlitzburghRockCity
09-12-2006, 10:41 PM
Just more people jumping on the McNair bandwagon. An older and often injured guy is going to turn this entire team around. Yeah right...

I don't know it still baffles me that they jump on the ratbird bandwagon. They do it year in and year out like clockwork, then everyone is surprised when they do nothing by December ! :chair: :bsflag: :deadhorse: :angrysoapbox:

Hawk Believer
09-13-2006, 12:54 PM
Here is Fox Sports Week 1:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings

They have you guys in the number 1 spot as well.....

This one has the lowest ranking for my Hawks that I have seen. 7.

AZ_Steeler
09-13-2006, 12:56 PM
Hopefully your Hawks just had a bad week against a lousy team, thy should move back up after a couple more wins... unless of course they lose! ;)

Bengals and Ravens at 3 and 4... what's that dude :smoking:

Hawk Believer
09-13-2006, 12:59 PM
Hopefully your Hawks just had a bad week against a lousy team, thy should move back up after a couple more wins... unless of course they lose! ;)
I think power rankings are fun to read. But I am going to lose any sleep about where we are ranked right now. These things just make for good water cooler discussion...

Re: Bengals and Ravens. Thats a lot of love going on for the AFC North there. I expect to see the Browns crack the top ten next week...

Steelersfan
09-13-2006, 01:02 PM
I think power rankings are fun to read. But I am going to lose any sleep about where we are ranked right now. These things just make for good water cooler discussion...

Re: Bengals and Ravens. Thats a lot of love going on for the AFC North there. I expect to see the Browns crack the top ten next week...

Did you mean to say that the Browns were on crack? :lol:

Hawk Believer
09-13-2006, 01:16 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/dr_z/09/13/week1.rankings/index.html

The news just keeps getting better for the Ravens.... #2 on CNNSI's rankings!

Everyone has got the Steelers #1. Dr. Z even eats a little crow about his doubting Mr. Batch.

My Hawks? Number 12. Behind the Giants. The Giants who lost. Looks like he sent the Seahawks to detention for the week because of a lackluster performance.

Another interesting thing going on here... The Rams at #3? I ain't buying that.

House of Steel
09-13-2006, 01:21 PM
Power Rankings has become the media's largest garbage pail in my opinion. They don't know nothing.

Hawk Believer
09-13-2006, 01:22 PM
Whoa... Dr. Z put the Panthers at #26!

Steelersfan
09-13-2006, 01:23 PM
Dr. Z is an idiot. I never have liked that guy.

House of Steel
09-13-2006, 01:26 PM
Dr. Z is an idiot. I never have liked that guy.

:iagree: :iagree: He is as bad as Skippy Bayless on ESPN and Peter King on SI. DORKS!!!

Hawk Believer
09-13-2006, 01:42 PM
He definately seems to be the most erratic out of the rankings bunch.

Prosdo
09-13-2006, 02:21 PM
Some of these power rankings are such a joke. You can't help, but laugh lol.

suitanim
09-13-2006, 04:00 PM
Vic Carucci at NFL.com has....

...wait for it...

...wait for it...

ATLANTA AT #1!

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah a!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9655500

Hawk Believer
09-13-2006, 04:12 PM
It seems like they just keep on setting up Michael Vick to be a dissapointment every freakin year.

House of Steel
09-13-2006, 04:22 PM
Vic is an ***. I wrote him several time last season telling him what a damn joke he is. I also told him at the end of last season, that the Steelers was going to win Super Bowl XL, he writes back telling me I am full of it. GUESS WHO WAS RIGHT, IDIOT!!! Don't listen to that ***. By the way, he calls himself the most experience media personnel of the NFL. :hilarious:

Hawk Believer
09-13-2006, 04:31 PM
Vic is an ***. I wrote him several time last season telling him what a damn joke he is. I also told him at the end of last season, that the Steelers was going to win Super Bowl XL, he writes back telling me I am full of it. GUESS WHO WAS RIGHT, IDIOT!!! Don't listen to that ***. By the way, he calls himself the most experience media personnel of the NFL. :hilarious:
Thats pretty funny. Do you think he actually responded in person or he has lackeys to do that for him? Either way, I can see how the response might have been less than enthusiastic given the content of your message..:greengrin:

House of Steel
09-13-2006, 04:40 PM
He had an assistant e mail me, I know this. He wouldn't dare call me FULL OF IT!! He is an ***, Hawk. You go read his stupid garbage about the Steelers last year. He is the biggest critic of the Steelers. Don't ask me why. He was also another Cowher Basher that said, HE SHOULD BE FIRED FOR LOSING three AFC Championship games. I remember last season, he picked Denver to beat Pittsburgh in the AFCC, just for that solid history. I guess the Steelers told him wrong. He is a goony looking creep too.

Hawk Believer
09-19-2006, 07:29 PM
WEEK 2 UPDATES
FOX sports
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings
ESPN
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking?season=2006&week=3

CNNSI
not out yet....

Hawk Believer
09-19-2006, 07:34 PM
FOX has two AFC North teams in the top 5. And the Steelers aren't one of them. Now that is something that nobody would have predicted.

House of Steel
09-19-2006, 07:39 PM
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/4599/steelersal1bullshitav172x72bn4.gif (http://imageshack.us)

That is all I got to say.

Hawk Believer
09-30-2006, 06:51 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/060929&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab2pos1

Here is a pretty good power ranking by ESPN's Bill Simmons. I say its pretty good because he explains his choices. ANd he has a couple of funny lines doing it. And he gives my Hawks props, but that is beside the point.

Here are two of the better quotes from the article.

14. Carolina, 1-2
It's tough to get excited about a team that nearly blew a 17-point lead to a QB with a ruptured spleen.

Which raises the question: Can Leftwich singlehandedly kill a team that looks like a Super Bowl contender? I'm leaning toward "no" because he's only 26. But this will end up being one of the title-deciding subplots this season, right up there with "How many bones in his body can Shaun Alexander break?" and "Why don't the Bengals hire chauffeurs for their players?"