PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the new face of Steeler Addicts

BlitzburghRockCity
09-05-2007, 12:16 AM
Welcome to the new look of Steeler Addicts !!

** The Forums **

We're pleased and excited to give you all the brand new face of SA ! Countless hours were spent in creation of the new look and we hope you all really enjoy it. We originally wanted to have this launched for the 1st anniversary of SA but it was just too hectic of a time to try and get it launched in the middle of summer so we delayed the launch.....until now !

A few of the highlights that you'll notice first off on the forums:

- The banners at the top, you'll notice they change everytime your screen refreshes. There basic banner stays the same with the logo but the players change. You'll also notice how the banners appear to be ripping out of the background; a really great touch that helps keep everything uniform looking.

- New Buttons, you'll notice on the main page and all over the forums; a completely redesigned set of buttons that really highlight and accent the new look. Everything from the "new posts" to "edit", "quote" , etc. have all been redone and they really turned out great !

-SA Watermark, you'll notice that in the text box when you post you'll see an SA watermark in the background. This gives that previously plain white area alittle sprucing up without being tacky and overbearing.

- Zoints has been removed at the overwhelming request of the members who really don't use it anymore.

- Default Avatars, you'll notice we have a whole new array of forum avatars for you to choose. Just click on UserCP and then on Edit Avatar and you can see all the new avatars to choose from; along with the ones we already have loaded up. Of course you can always load up your own avatar if you like still too.

- The VBplaza has a minor change too, the option for "user name glow" is no longer available. You can still purchase other username options with your SA gold just like before; with the exception of the glow feature.

- Postbit options, you'll also notice that you know have the option to see the Postbit on the top of each post like we had it before, or if you prefer you can now change it show on the side of each post. Just go into UserCP and click on Edit Options and scroll down. The postbit is the box that includes your username, avatar, online status, all your gifts and ribbons, etc. In regards to the gifts, they are only visible if you have the postbit set to TOP instead of LEFT. You can change this by going into your User CP option in the Navbar and then into Edit Options. :)

Just explore the forum and see what all there is to see, and have fun ! If you notice anything not working or any problems that you think need to be addressed just let us know.

Special thanks to BR7 for the countless hours he put into the graphix. We're extremely grafteful to him and his outstanding talent has shined through once again. The whole layout flows and the new sleek gfx just really tie everything together. All the avatars, buttons, and banners are top notch. When you're working on something as critical as the look of a forum you have to be particular and we we're definitely that. I can't tell you how many times we went back n forth trying to decide on what looked right and what didn't, what flowed and what looked out of place, which buttons to use and where. At some points it was a nightmare :lol: but the finished product is stellar and well worth all the efforts.

Thanks also to BR7's family for allowing him the time to work on the new look as we were up at all hours of the night on many occasions going back n forth with ideas.

** SA Homepage **

You'll also notice that our Homepage has been revamped as well. We used the same style there as we have here on the new forums look. Take some time to explore the new look of the homepage and check out all the features. AZ_Steeler did an absolutely outstanding job on it and put in countless hours of work to make this exceptional finished product. We're all proud of it and extremely grateful for all the efforts he made. He took a lot of the ideas that you the members gave us to help incorporate into the new look and it's also improved to help us be even more search engine friendly.

Take notice on the homepage that we have also added a section where you can download official SA wallpaper, free ! BR7 has whipped up some great walls for use and I put some up as well. This will always be a work in progress as we continue to add content as time allows.

Thanks also to Mrs AZ for allowing Chris the time he needed to work on the page and get it just right. Between all the "hey change this" or "I don't like that" or "hey lets try it this way" , Im surprised he even has any hair left

We hope you enjoy the new look of SA !!

AZ_Steeler
09-05-2007, 01:13 AM
Homepage is soon to follow tonight! :D

Black@Gold Forever32
09-05-2007, 01:16 AM
Dude it looks great......Great work by all you talented mother****ers here at SA....Great job Guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BlackGold4vr
09-05-2007, 01:24 AM
I concur, it looks great! Good job you guys. :bigthumb:

RckyMtnStlrFan
09-05-2007, 01:36 AM
very nice!:yesnod:

SteelersWoman
09-05-2007, 01:49 AM
I think the change is AWEsome! Thanks to all who spent long hours to give us a wonderful new look :D

BBG7
09-05-2007, 02:54 AM
love it...nice work! Thanks guys!

introyitrust
09-05-2007, 03:05 AM
I like it a lot.
Great work!

AZ_Steeler
09-05-2007, 03:09 AM
We are still ironing out a few things... bear with us :D

BR7
09-05-2007, 04:59 AM
Wait till they get my bill.... lol

Prosdo
09-05-2007, 05:29 AM
Woohoo! The look is up!

steelersgal86
09-05-2007, 06:02 AM
Wait till they get my bill.... lol

:haha: Very nice work!!

BlitzburghRockCity
09-05-2007, 06:48 AM
Thanks all, we appreciate the kind words and we're glad you like it. We really think it turned out great. As AZ mentioned, bear with us as there are a few things to iron yet that we'll get straight soon.

Dako
09-05-2007, 06:51 AM
Looks great!

floodcitygirl
09-05-2007, 07:23 AM
Wow! Really impressive. Thanks for the hard work!

AZ_Steeler
09-05-2007, 07:27 AM
Now I must got bed :eyecrazy: :sleepy:

There are also a boat load of new avatars uploaded :D

BlitzburghRockCity
09-05-2007, 07:30 AM
Yep, it's looking awesome !

Just to piggy back on the new Avatars; make sure you use the drop down menu to see all the options available for default avatars.

StlersGuy
09-05-2007, 08:05 AM
Very nice

DIESELMAN
09-05-2007, 08:59 AM
Very, Very Nice!!!! Great job guys!!!! :woot: I especially like the players changing up top everytime you move around. I got Woodson and Swann up top right now.....DAMN GOOD WORK!!!!!

Bucsfan4ever
09-05-2007, 09:23 AM
WOW...AWESOME!!!

PsychoWard
09-05-2007, 10:34 AM
This looks GREAT!!!! GREAT JOB GUYS!!!

TEEMONT
09-05-2007, 10:39 AM
nice guys

BB2W
09-05-2007, 11:11 AM
Looks great!... love the banner. :redcool:

Iron City South
09-05-2007, 11:15 AM
Good job! .... looks great! :bigthumb:

Deb
09-05-2007, 12:03 PM
very very cool. Looks outstanding

Aunkster
09-05-2007, 12:32 PM
absolutley awesome...

Hburg
09-05-2007, 01:31 PM
Damn TG! Damn AZ! Damn BR-7!

When I just loaded up the page now my first reaction was, "holy ****," but I meant it in a good way. The forum definitely looks good. Keep up the good work and I'll have a soundtrack for the homepage ready soon enough!

BuFu

digdug
09-05-2007, 01:57 PM
:cope::hail::cope:All I can say is - WOW!!!!!!!!!:cope::hail::cope:

It looks great guys - thanks for all the hard work!!

BR7
09-05-2007, 02:03 PM
so what was the big change? :scratch: :dunno:

:lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
09-05-2007, 02:26 PM
Damn TG! Damn AZ! Damn BR-7!

When I just loaded up the page now my first reaction was, "holy shiat," but I meant it in a good way. The forum definitely looks good. Keep up the good work and I'll have a soundtrack for the homepage ready soon enough!

BuFu

Just let us know, we can make it available on the downloads page :banana:

SteelerBee43
09-05-2007, 02:27 PM
I think it looks wonderful:tt02::tt02: Great job Guys:banana::banana::plus1:

BlitzburghNation
09-05-2007, 03:28 PM
AWESOME ~~~~~~ :clap::clap::clap::clap::bigthumb:

Love the steel background,,,,,,,,,,, :bigthumb:

Mach1
09-05-2007, 03:53 PM
Nice!!! Love the new look.:cope:

StlersGuy
09-05-2007, 04:07 PM
I love the new banner the most of all the changes

Forged in Steel
09-05-2007, 05:32 PM
This change is awesome! The posting areas look so cool now, I love it. :bigthumb:

okiesteeler
09-05-2007, 06:15 PM
Awesome (had an 80's flashback), Love the new site.

BlacknGold Bleeder
09-05-2007, 08:11 PM
Love the new BANNER !! :tt02::tt02: AWESOME work !! :cope:

strong D
09-05-2007, 08:36 PM
great work guys
just one question where are the gifts

AZ_Steeler
09-05-2007, 08:44 PM
(Regarding Gifts) I've see this question a few times now and have been contacted... here is my response:

Everybody still has their gifts, they can be viewed in your profile. However, if you would like to go back to how the old layout go into the User CP->Edit Options (http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/profile.php?do=editoptions) and in the 'Thread Display Options' section is an option called "User Info" Change the value to Top for the old way or Left for the new way.

Any questions let me know! :bigthumb:

BlitzburghRockCity
09-05-2007, 08:47 PM
That's another great thing about SA, there's so many ways to customize it to how you like it :)

Personally I like the Postbit on Top but others like it on the side, so whatever floats your boat is all good.

BR7
09-05-2007, 09:51 PM
left or top
ford or chevy
tastes great or less filling lol..

L E F T ! ! :)

StlersGuy
09-05-2007, 10:04 PM
this place gets better each time I come to it

Stlrs4Life
09-05-2007, 10:55 PM
Looks good!

BlitzburghRockCity
09-05-2007, 11:53 PM
left or top
ford or chevy
tastes great or less filling lol..

L E F T ! ! :)

TOP :lol:

Steelerlyn
09-06-2007, 12:05 AM
Ron is a most talented individual, he costs quite a bit but it is worth every cent. :lol:

Wonderful job guys, it takes a fresh pair or pairs of eyes now and then to make sure all is right so all of you were involved to some degree and so thanks to your families for lending you to us, once again!~

br7 is bestest!~

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::c lap:

AZ_Steeler
09-06-2007, 01:19 AM
TOP :lol:

LEFT!!! :lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
09-06-2007, 07:52 AM
TOP TOP TOP TOP TOP

SteelerSal
09-06-2007, 11:37 AM
I had to take a double take when I first saw the changes. :eyecrazy:
I really like the new look. I also like how the players up top change.:plus1:

BBG7
09-06-2007, 11:59 AM
I still can't get over what a great job you guys have done. Thanks again...it looks great!

AZ_Steeler
09-06-2007, 12:43 PM
LEFT LEFT LEFT LEFT LEFT

I win!! :woot:

BlitzburghRockCity
09-06-2007, 01:01 PM
Alright that's it, I want it on the right..tear the whole thing down and do it again !! :reddevil: this time in green and pink !

RIGHT RIGHT RIGHT RIGHT RIGHT

Hburg
09-06-2007, 01:02 PM
You guys can redesign a web site, but can't have a mature argument! :lol:

BuFu

BR7
09-06-2007, 01:05 PM
Laurel and Hardy.. lol.

AZ_Steeler
09-06-2007, 01:29 PM
Alright that's it, I want it on the right..tear the whole thing down and do it again !! :reddevil: this time in green and pink !

RIGHT RIGHT RIGHT RIGHT RIGHT

You asked for it :D

Steelersfan
09-06-2007, 01:45 PM
Awesome job guys! Place looks great!!!!!!

That banner is one of the best I have ever seen!!!

Why don't you just edit the postbit_legacy template so the gifts and stuff show on both????

AZ_Steeler
09-06-2007, 01:48 PM
Awesome job guys! Place looks great!!!!!!

That banner is one of the best I have ever seen!!!

Why don't you just edit the postbit_legacy template so the gifts and stuff show on both????

Thanks Dan!

We might turn the gifts on the legacy template at a later time. Some don't like the gifts while others and at some point we'll be adding an option to display or not display gifts/ribbons etc :bigthumb: At least right now you have the option legacy no gifts etc, or you can switch to the Top layout.

Steelersfan
09-06-2007, 01:50 PM
Cool! I'm with Matt on this one though.....TOP!........lol

BlitzburghRockCity
09-06-2007, 02:07 PM
See, even Dan knows which one Rocks !! :woot: go TOP !!! :lol:

BR7
09-06-2007, 03:18 PM
left... lol

Someone set up a poll... see what users use which postbit.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-06-2007, 03:20 PM
That's why we made it so they can choose left or top...geez, where you been :bwah: :bwah:

Captcoolhand
09-06-2007, 04:31 PM
That's why we made it so they can choose left or top...geez, where you been :bwah: :bwah:
Cool thanks Top:clap: Now is there any way to turn down the Grey 1 notch so everything doesn't look so bright.:dunno::2cents::stirpot:

AZ_Steeler
09-06-2007, 04:33 PM
Cool thanks Top:clap: Now is there any way to turn down the Grey 1 notch so everything doesn't look so bright.:dunno::2cents::stirpot:

It's a good thing you don't have a golden a$$hole! :lol: j/k Unfortunately, we are not to the point where users can pick and choose what colors they want to use... maybe down the road. :bigthumb:

StlersGuy
09-06-2007, 04:37 PM
(Regarding Gifts) I've see this question a few times now and have been contacted... here is my response:

Everybody still has their gifts, they can be viewed in your profile. However, if you would like to go back to how the old layout go into the User CP->Edit Options (http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/profile.php?do=editoptions) and in the 'Thread Display Options' section is an option called "User Info" Change the value to Top for the old way or Left for the new way.

Any questions let me know! :bigthumb:

thanks for the help, now I can see my gifts...:banana:

Captcoolhand
09-06-2007, 04:50 PM
It's a good thing you don't have a golden a$$hole! :lol: j/k Unfortunately, we are not to the point where users can pick and choose what colors they want to use... maybe down the road. :bigthumb:
Ya know Chris, I refrain from saying anything about the changes because I think they got some really great points some even fine but there are a few things that I don't care for but will have to get use too. :yesnod:
So, the first time I remotely even ask a question about something I get slandered.:confused::whip1:

Man,:scratch: To bad I don't have a golden:moon: at least then, I would have golden Eggs....:yesnod:

AZ_Steeler
09-06-2007, 04:58 PM
I'm not slandering you Capt.. I'm just messing around! You did bring up a good point about the colors though and down the road it might be something we want to try and implement which is letting the members pick and choose what colors they want to have :bigthumb: Gives us something to shoot for :)

Captcoolhand
09-06-2007, 05:18 PM
It's cool AZ I was just messing back. Boards look good.:bigthumb:

Hburg
09-06-2007, 05:56 PM
I just noticed that the member number is no longer displayed, not that I have an issue with that. Just something that I noticed was different. My guess is that you guys did that so there was some equality amongst the members.

BuFu

AZ_Steeler
09-06-2007, 06:17 PM
I just noticed that the member number is no longer displayed, not that I have an issue with that. Just something that I noticed was different. My guess is that you guys did that so there was some equality amongst the members.

BuFu

That was actually an oversight, leaving out the user ID. You bring up a good point though so we'll leave it out :) If you would like to see it though it's still available on the original layout. To revert to the original layout see the following: "Where did my gifts go?" (http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/announcement.php?f=2&a=39)

StlersGuy
09-06-2007, 06:20 PM
You guys rock... This place kicks ***

Hburg
09-06-2007, 07:19 PM
That was actually an oversight, leaving out the user ID. You bring up a good point though so we'll leave it out :) If you would like to see it though it's still available on the original layout. To revert to the original layout see the following: "Where did my gifts go?" (http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/announcement.php?f=2&a=39)

Why would I want to revert to the orginal layout? This new one is too cool to go back to the old layout!

BuFu

Steelersfan
09-07-2007, 12:52 AM
Why would I want to revert to the orginal layout? This new one is too cool to go back to the old layout!

BuFu

He's just talking about the postbit (top or left) part BuFu. The id's are still there with the top postbit.

Hburg
09-07-2007, 01:22 AM
He's just talking about the postbit (top or left) part BuFu. The id's are still there with the top postbit.

Yea, you're right. Well, I think it's better having equality amongst members instead of anyone trying to lord over others because of their time spent here. That happened on another board (that will remain unmentioned) and it ruined everything.

SF, where the f*ck have you and your wife been? I hope everything is okay, but I miss hearing from ya'all on a daily basis.

BuFu

Steelersfan
09-07-2007, 01:43 AM
I don't think we have members here that will do that. Some look at member ID, some look at post count but none of that matters. It's the quality that matters! And we have that here.

I've been around here and there BuFu. Just not on much but with the season starting it's kind of hard to stay away!.....lol
The Mrs. pretty much does her own thing online. Tried to get her to come back on the other day actually. But neither of us has a whole lot of time online anymore. I'm sure we'll have more time come the winter months though so maybe she'll stop back by.

Koopa
09-07-2007, 06:46 PM
i love the new look, but it is killer on my eyes lol, maybe a alternate black steel plate background?? lol

AZ_Steeler
09-07-2007, 06:47 PM
Put on some shades because the site is just that damn cool anyways! :cool:

Koopa
09-07-2007, 06:49 PM
i don't have any lol

StlersGuy
09-07-2007, 07:12 PM
here you go

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/11GC85WDKGL._AA160_.jpg

BlitzburghRockCity
09-07-2007, 08:08 PM
Dude, do you know what we went through trying to find a background that would go right on here, it was a nightmare :lol:

StlersGuy
09-07-2007, 08:36 PM
well you guys did one hell of a job

BlitzburghRockCity
02-17-2008, 02:39 AM
If you'll all point your eyes towards the top of the page you'll notice we have some new banners that have been added into the rotation. Each time you refresh your screen or go to a different page on the site you'll begin to see the new banners showing up. HUGE thanks to BR7 for taking the ideas that Chris and I had for the banners and giving them his own special touch to make them fit perfectly with the site.

:hail:

Black@Gold Forever32
02-17-2008, 04:16 AM
BR-7 is God........Great job bro.....

BR7
02-17-2008, 10:31 AM
BR-7 is God........Great job bro.....

Better edit your post before Ktrain sees it :lol:

PsychoWard
02-17-2008, 10:38 AM
they look great!!!!!!!!!!

floodcitygirl