PDA

View Full Version : Timmons learning the Mack.....

DIESELMAN
09-04-2007, 08:23 PM
With the recent cut of Rian Wallace, Timmons is being asked to take on a 3rd position......MLB. Butler the LB coach along with Tomlin, are very confident that he can handle the added assignment. Along with learning MLB, Timmons also has to know the ROLB and Dime package LB in the passing downs sub package. Butler also added that if he didn't think Timmons was capable of learning the position they wouldn't have asked him to do it. Larry Foote is currently backup at MLB to Farrior, but with the added assignment, it gives the Steelers more flexibility at all LB positions. OLB is the hardest of the postions to learn so asking him to do this will be a bonus for us as the season and LeBeau's genius carries on. It's pretty obvious that the coaching staff sees a lot of talent and football smarts in Timmons. :bigthumb:

Black@Gold Forever32
09-04-2007, 09:06 PM
Very cool....I like his speed.....You could see that in the Panthers game.......The more he can learn and do the better player he will be for the team.....I can't wait to watch this kid grow as a football player...

BlitzburghRockCity
09-04-2007, 09:24 PM
Timmons and Woodley are just going to be a wicked combination once they get they on the field more. I can't wait to see those 2 in action in the regular season; they are the future for us at the LB position.

Koopa
09-04-2007, 09:31 PM
i didn't know we cut wallace, i liked him, probably more cause of his story, how he grew up dirt poor, and had to leave college cause his family needed money real bad, and how he spent his first check on a big party for his sons birthday........ to bad he couldn't produce, mainly cause he was on the wrong team, larry foote really blew up as a very good player for us, farrior isn't gonna lose his job till he retires and he wasn't good enough to play outside for us........also cowher was his coach so yeah lol

why did the article say foote is a back up if he's a starter??? lol

and yeah it benifits timmons and the steelers for him to learn more positions, if he can stay healthy he seems like in 2008 he's gonna be a beast with us along with woodley..............

K Train
09-04-2007, 09:36 PM
foote technically backs up farrior at his spot now that harrison is on the outside, farriors spot is the #1 spot, calls the defense. if farrior went down, foote would handle that. Timmons can handle playing inside and outside, hes a good pass rusher but i think he excels in coverage, while woodley is good in coverage but an animal in rushing.....we have alot of talent at LB, foote is a cover guy, but he has his moments for blitzing, farrior can line up at all 4 spots and does everything and harrison is just a beast

Black@Gold Forever32
09-04-2007, 09:36 PM
Timmons and Woodley are just going to be a wicked combination once they get they on the field more. I can't wait to see those 2 in action in the regular season; they are the future for us at the LB position.

I said after they were drafted they were going to be Quiver and Quake II....I know its a bit early to say they will impact our defense like Kevin Greene and Greg Lloyd did...But I have a great feeling about Woodley and Timmons...:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

DIESELMAN
09-04-2007, 09:53 PM
why did the article say foote is a back up if he's a starter??? lol

What K-Train said :lol: