PDA

View Full Version : The Bus on Regis and Kelly...

Bucsfan4ever
09-03-2007, 09:29 AM
Just saw that he will be on tomorrow morning.

comes on at 9AM ET...gotta watch!

I may be a Bucs fan and I have lots of respect for him.

Stairwayto7
09-03-2007, 09:48 AM
Thats funny. I love the guy also, but I`m slowly losing respect

BlitzburghRockCity
09-03-2007, 09:51 AM
I'll probably watch it to see how he tries to justify everything in his book again. I wonder if he thought this book tour that he's been doing would be a PR triage session to try and regain the respect he lost from a lot of Steeler fans.

Stairwayto7
09-03-2007, 10:07 AM
I'll probably watch it to see how he tries to justify everything in his book again. I wonder if he thought this book tour that he's been doing would be a PR triage session to try and regain the respect he lost from a lot of Steeler fans.

I agree. It is though too bad, what some people will do ,to sell a book. We rescued him from the Rams, he almost then, cost us a trip to the Superbowl, now he feels the need to bash?????

BlitzburghRockCity
09-03-2007, 10:22 AM
There's an article in the post gazette I think it was talking about how he's trying to recover from the respect he lost from this book so far. The dude is an NFL legend, his book would have sold well without bashing your former team :nonod:

Captcoolhand
09-03-2007, 10:46 AM
Doesn't his book go on sell today?:scratch:

Black@Gold Forever32
09-03-2007, 10:59 AM
Who really gives a **** what Bettis said anyway...Its his opinion and last time I checked this is America....Plus I think all the positives things Bettis did for the Steelers and the city of Pittsburgh out weigh a few negative comments about the Steelers in his book....I think Steelers fans need to get over it....I still like the Bus and his book didn't change my opinion of him....I don't plan on reading his book also since I really don't care....

Now if Bam Morris would have written a book like this then I could see the up roar....lol

Stairwayto7
09-03-2007, 02:13 PM
Who really gives a **** what Bettis said anyway...Its his opinion and last time I checked this is America....Plus I think all the positives things Bettis did for the Steelers and the city of Pittsburgh out weigh a few negative comments about the Steelers in his book....I think Steelers fans need to get over it....I still like the Bus and his book didn't change my opinion of him....I don't plan on reading his book also since I really don't care....

Now if Bam Morris would have written a book like this then I could see the up roar....lol

I disagree! He shouldn`t use a bunch of bull , just to sell books. Cotroversy sells books I know this. If his life wasnt worth selling in the pages, thats to bad. I think its a stab in the back to the Steelers organization. If he had issues, the door was always open as a player, he stuck around to win a ring, and he wasnt even a big part of that team. Every since he has retired, he has being talking crap, then recanting his story, saying it was taken ouyt of context. I loved him as a player, he was a class act. But now he should keep his mouth shut, or try shoving an oreo in his pie hole. Bradshaw regretted alienating himself from Pitsburgh and the fans, everything is getting better now. Bettis is taking his fat A$$ down the same road

Black@Gold Forever32
09-03-2007, 02:53 PM
I disagree! He shouldn`t use a bunch of bull , just to sell books. Cotroversy sells books I know this. If his life wasnt worth selling in the pages, thats to bad. I think its a stab in the back to the Steelers organization. If he had issues, the door was always open as a player, he stuck around to win a ring, and he wasnt even a big part of that team. Every since he has retired, he has being talking crap, then recanting his story, saying it was taken ouyt of context. I loved him as a player, he was a class act. But now he should keep his mouth shut, or try shoving an oreo in his pie hole. Bradshaw regretted alienating himself from Pitsburgh and the fans, everything is getting better now. Bettis is taking his fat A$$ down the same road

I respect your opinion Cleve..........:bigthumb: Its just with all the positive things Bettis has done for the Steelers and the city of Pittsburgh over the year I willing to cut him some slack.....

Plus I don't think he is making up bull...I think he is just stating his opinion which he is entitled to....Yes I think he is wrong that he claims the Steelers held Kordell back to avoid paying him big money...But he is entitled to write that and think that.....As for him faking an injury so he doesn't get cut....Teams do shady things all the time so its no surprise to me that players do the same.....

GoBenGo
09-03-2007, 02:59 PM
TIVO ; but I must admit , I am afraid of what I will take away from it.
Seems they constantly parade these ex-athelets around the media checkpoints, and as spotlights fade , said players start throwing out more and more contrived insights, to keep them on the radar.
Some , when given those liberties, have made some statements that are unpopular.
All in All these are athletes, their talent is on field, not in the personality booth. you don't get ducks from grouse!
I just hope the Bus maintains his dignity.

Stairwayto7
09-03-2007, 03:03 PM
I respect your opinion Cleve..........:bigthumb: Its just with all the positive things Bettis has done for the Steelers and the city of Pittsburgh over the year I willing to cut him some slack.....

Plus I don't think he is making up bull...I think he is just stating his opinion which he is entitled to....Yes I think he is wrong that he claims the Steelers held Kordell back to avoid paying him big money...But he is entitled to write that and think that.....As for him faking an injury so he doesn't get cut....Teams do shady things all the time so its no surprise to me that players do the same.....

As well, I respect your opinion. And thats all mine really is , an opion. I just think some things never should leave the locker room. Just an unwritten rule. I know the Rooneys must run one of the most honorable teams anywhere, no matter the sport. And Jeromme should respect everything everybody did for him.

Bucsfan4ever
09-03-2007, 07:51 PM
Geez, I didn't know he'd written a book. That's probably why he's on Regis and Kelly...to promote it!!

Stairwayto7
09-03-2007, 08:13 PM
Geez, I didn't know he'd written a book. That's probably why he's on Regis and Kelly...to promote it!!

You got it! Just trying to promote for more $$$

TEEMONT
09-03-2007, 08:30 PM

Is this the second time in a month that we have agreed? Holy ****.

JB 67
09-03-2007, 08:41 PM
I agree don't wanna loose respect for one of my Favorite players

Bucsfan4ever
09-04-2007, 08:55 AM
It's almost time!!