PDA

View Full Version : So what's the deal with FB Kuhn?

Packer Addict
09-02-2007, 07:23 PM
The Packers signed this guy today and I was wondering if anyone could offer some insight?

BlackGold4vr
09-02-2007, 07:31 PM
The Packers signed this guy today and I was wondering if anyone could offer some insight?

He is a tough, hard nosed, blue collar player who has had the misfortunes of playing behind Dan Kreider (one of the best blocking fullbacks in the NFL). So he has had a tough time securing a roster spot because of that fact. Lots of members of this site love Kuhn and were pulling hard for him to make the team. We will be rooting for him to be successful in GB!

introyitrust
09-02-2007, 07:35 PM
He is a tough, hard nosed, blue collar player who has had the misfortunes of playing behind Dan Kreider (one of the best blocking fullbacks in the NFL). So he has had a tough time securing a roster spot because of that fact. Lots of members of this site love Kuhn and were pulling hard for him to make the team. We will be rooting for him to be successful in GB!

Yep that pretty much sums it up.
Kuhn is a great worker, he can catch out of the back field, and is a load to bring down.
While it was pretty clear that he wasn't going to beat out Kreider, Davis, and Haynes to make our 53 man roster he will be able to contribute to the Packers and be a fine ST player.

K Train
09-02-2007, 07:48 PM
kuhn has never done anything in the NFL, i never liked him, TG LOVES him though lol

Koopa
09-02-2007, 08:21 PM
don't ask pittsburgh fans........... they are all over his jock cause he's from PA, but he's a bum, and will never amount to anything in the nfl

Packer Addict
09-02-2007, 08:27 PM
Hmm, so basically just a guy or not? Has he shown flashes? FB isn't a sexy position that is going to jump out at you when you watch a game, but is he a nice FB who can challenge for a starting job? The Packers GM said they had been targeting him for two years. I would imagine then they see some potential there.

K Train
09-02-2007, 08:34 PM
he has had some nice runs. but nothing special......hence the reason we cut him, hes an awful blocker, he set a load of records in college i think, but hes like a very very very very very poor mans brian leonard

Koopa
09-02-2007, 08:35 PM
the only time he has shown something was when we played the browns last year, but willie had just ran for 220+ yards, and they had just made davenport look like the second coming of bettis....... so i doubt he does anything with y'all

BlitzburghRockCity
09-02-2007, 09:43 PM
Don't listen to those 2 clowns, Packer :lol:

Kuhn is a solid player who as bg4vr mentioned just ended up being the odd man out in a crowded backfield and working behind one of the best in the business in Dan K. Kuhn is a local boy, growing in my area and going to college at Ship. He's a tough kid who if he's given the chance has the potential to be a productive player.

K Train
09-02-2007, 09:48 PM
and if given the chance TG would be the mother of his child lol

Dako
09-02-2007, 10:35 PM
Good luck to Kuhn....was hoping that he'd make the team. I hope he does well.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-02-2007, 10:37 PM
and if given the chance TG would be the mother of his child lol

Shut up :lol: I already know his mother !

Iron City South
09-02-2007, 11:18 PM
Says alot for Kuhn that another team would snap him up so quickly. Good luck Kuhn .... we hardly knew ye ........ Personally, I would have went with youth this year and took you over Kreider. You're going to have a great career. :bigthumb:

Koopa
09-02-2007, 11:35 PM
the hell he is, they didn't snatch him up quick, it took a year for him to get snatched up.......... he will never rush for more then 150 yards in a single season

and we did go young, we kept davis who is a full back/ half back

K Train
09-02-2007, 11:39 PM
davis is like 28 lol

Steel-Da-One
09-03-2007, 12:12 AM
i wish kuhn the best of luck. was hoping he would stick on our roster but it wasnt to be i guess.

MDSteel15
09-03-2007, 01:22 AM
don't ask pittsburgh fans........... they are all over his jock cause he's from PA, but he's a bum, and will never amount to anything in the nfl

:nono: Sorry but it seems the Packers got Herron from us and he's done OK when healthy. I'd have to say our rejects are good for the NFC anyways......
Good luck in GreenBay Kuhn :bigthumb:

Koopa
09-03-2007, 02:31 AM
davis is like 28 lol

but considering the other option to get younger, davis was the best choice cause kuhn ****ing sucks

i was just looking on nfl.com and decided to check the steelers stats, then i click on carey davis, and it says he's only 26 years old

you must be thinking of walter young, he's the one that is 28 years old

:nono: Sorry but it seems the Packers got Herron from us and he's done OK when healthy. I'd have to say our rejects are good for the NFC anyways......
Good luck in GreenBay Kuhn :bigthumb:

herron >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> then kuhn can ever dream of, and herron is a ****ing bum