PDA

View Full Version : Simmons Resigned For 4 Years!

Black@Gold Forever32
09-02-2007, 12:48 PM
Steelers' Simmons signs 4-year contract
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Guard Kendall Simmons signed a contract extension with the Steelers today that will keep him on the team through the 2011 season.

Mr. Simmons' four-year extension is worth $24 million, $8.5 million of which is guaranteed.

Mr. Simmons, the Steelers' first-round draft pick in 2002 from Auburn, has been the their starting right guard since his rookie season.

His missed the 2004 season with a knee injury.

Mr. Simmons' signing likely means that there will be no new contract for Pro Bowl guard Alan Faneca. Both guards were in the last year of their contracts.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07245/814233-100.stm

Ibleedblk&gld
09-02-2007, 12:52 PM
no...no...NO NO NO...dammit...simmons is ****...should have given a deal like that to alan faneca and sign a new RG

Black@Gold Forever32
09-02-2007, 01:05 PM
no...no...NO NO NO...dammit...simmons is shiat...should have given a deal like that to alan faneca and sign a new RG

kind of hard to strike a deal with Faneca when him and his agent don't want to come down on their asking price... The Steelers were in a rock and a hard place really with their current Oline....Noway they could let three Olineman just leave next year.....So Simmons seemed to be the logical choice.....

Since Faneca wants to much money and really does anybody want to see Starks resigned...lol

K Train
09-02-2007, 01:20 PM
get over it, faneca is a bitch and cant pass block, he wants way to much money, at least simmons is good depth after we let faneca walk

Black@Gold Forever32
09-02-2007, 01:31 PM
get over it, faneca is a bitch and cant pass block, he wants way to much money, at least simmons is good depth after we let faneca walk

Exactly Simmons is solid depth for the Oline....Plus his healthy probably factored in his overall average play the last few years...From a torn ACL in 2004 to battling diabetes....

Now Simmons seems fully healthy and his play should improve.....:bigthumb: I still think it was a bit much to resign him but the market for players is out of hand anyway so it might be a bargain down the road...lol

Prosdo
09-02-2007, 01:33 PM
Good move. I have to agree about Faneca. His agent wants big time money and doesn't seem to want to budge. Maybe if Faneca kept his mouth shut the Steelers would be more inclined to do business with him. This is a good move by the FO.

BlackGold4vr
09-02-2007, 01:42 PM
I am going to trust the FO and the coaches on this one. I don't believe they would lock in a guy for 4 more years if he hasn't shown them some really good things so far. You don't see them re-signing Max Starks do you? I believe Faneca is as good as gone. O-line will be next years draft priority!

Stairwayto7
09-02-2007, 01:46 PM
I really think Faneca wants out. I think he knows free agency is where the money is at. And thats all that matters after all this time.

Write it down, Faneca will end up in New Orleans

K Train
09-02-2007, 01:53 PM
he will definitely continue his love affair with grimm in AZ, NO was an intersting choice though

BlitzburghRockCity
09-02-2007, 01:54 PM
I am going to trust the FO and the coaches on this one. I don't believe they would lock in a guy for 4 more years if he hasn't shown them some really good things so far. You don't see them re-signing Max Starks do you? I believe Faneca is as good as gone. O-line will be next years draft priority!

I honestly didn't figure he'd be getting any significant offer to stay with us after the career he's had so far injury wise. He was a 1st round draft choice after all but between the knee injury and the setback from Diabetes I didn't know if he'd ever live up to his potential. The coaches must know something we don't; I'd bet it's got a lot to do with how well he worked this offseason and the good camp he's had so far.

He's depth for a long time to come and they key with him, like James Harrison is staying healthy long enough to be good week in and week out.

If Faneca would have signed for that much money we'd have done it already but he wants about 10-15 more million than that.

BlackGold4vr
09-02-2007, 01:59 PM
he will definitely continue his love affair with grimm in AZ, NO was an intersting choice though

:plus1:

Arizona is a no brainer. I still think that Faneca is one of the best but I also believe that he is at an age where all the abuses of playing NFL football will start to catch up to him. He is near the downside of his career and therefore should not get a guaranteed contract for top dollars. Remember a new contract is paying him for he WILL DO not for what he has already done. Let him go!

SteelersfaninPhilly
09-02-2007, 06:40 PM
ARE OVER IN BLACK AND GOLD. SEE YA ALAN!

Chris Kemoeatu is expected to move into a starting guard position once Faneca leaves.

Koopa
09-02-2007, 07:05 PM
check out this article from yahoo.com.......... they are so ****ing stupid

The Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday signed right guard Lawrence Timmons to a five-year contract extension.

Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

The 6-3, 315-pound Timmons has started 60 regular-season games for the Steelers, including all 16 games in 2003 despite a diabetic condition that caused him to lose more than 30 pounds.

A first-round pick out of Auburn in 2002, Timmons missed the entire 2004 season after tearing the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=txsteelerstimmons&prov=st&type=lgns

Black@Gold Forever32
09-02-2007, 09:12 PM
check out this article from yahoo.com.......... they are so ****ing stupid

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=txsteelerstimmons&prov=st&type=lgns

:lol:...........Thats funny....I know its easy to mix up Simmons and Timmons but still they have caught that before posting it...lol

K Train
09-02-2007, 09:14 PM
lol thats hilarious

Captcoolhand
09-03-2007, 04:43 AM
The Pittsburgh Steelers re-signed right guard Kendall Simmons to a four-year extension yesterday that could be worth as much as $24 million.
The deal secures Simmons through the 2011 season and guarantees him $7.85 million in new money. He was already set to make $900,000 this season, with a salary-cap value of $1,435,664 to the Steelers.
Simmons has been a Steelers starter since the former first-round draft pick was a rookie in 2002, although he missed the 2004 season with a knee injury. Last season, with Simmons starting 14 games, running back Willie Parker ran for 1,494 yards, the third-highest single-season total in team history.
Simmons' signing almost certainly rules out any chance the Steelers will reopen contract talks with left guard Alan Faneca, the five-time all-pro lineman who is going into the final season of his contract.
The Steelers have a policy of not negotiating contracts after a season begins, and they have had no substantial talks with Faneca for months.

PITTSBURGH (AP) -- The Pittsburgh Steelers re-signed right guard Kendall Simmons to a four-year extension on Sunday that could be worth as much as $24 million, a deal that makes certain they won't go into the 2008 season without both starting guards.
The deal secures Simmons through the 2011 season and guarantees him $7.85 million in new money. He was already set to make $900,000 this season, with a salary cap value of $1,435,664 to the Steelers.
Simmons has been a Steelers starter since the former first-round draft pick was a rookie in 2002, although he missed the 2004 season with a knee injury. Last season, with Simmons starting 14 games, running back Willie Parker ran for 1,494 yards -- the third-highest single-season total in team history.
Simmons' signing almost certainly rules out any chance the Steelers will reopen contract talks with left guard Alan Faneca, the five-time All-Pro lineman who is going into the final season of his contract.
The Steelers have a policy of not negotiating contracts after a season begins, and they have had no substantial talks with Faneca for months.
Faneca may have assured his departure from Pittsburgh when, after reporting to a mandatory minicamp in May only because he could be fined for missing it, he criticized the team's negotiating tactics and promised he would not re-sign.
Simmons, from Auburn, came out of the preseason with a new contract after beginning training camp competing with Chris Kemoeatu for his job. Simmons reported to camp in good shape, clearly outplayed Kemoeatu and ended any debate about who would start during the five preseason games.
Simmons' deal came a year after his agent, Eric Metz, negotiated a $13 million extension for Steelers defensive end Brett Keisel.
Meanwhile, the Steelers set their eight-man practice squad Sunday by bringing back two of the 2007 draft picks they waived Saturday to reach the 53-man roster limit. Returning were defensive end Ryan McBean, a fourth-round pick from Oklahoma State, and wide receiver Dallas Baker of Florida, a seventh-round pick.
Offensive lineman Marvin Philip, a sixth-round pick a year ago from Cal, also returned, as did tight end Jon Dekker, safety Grant Mason, defensive tackle Scott Paxson and wide receiver Gerran Walker.
Running back Jamaal Branch, who was in the Saints' training camp, is the only player on the Steelers' practice squad who wasn't in their camp.
Wow! I guess Alan shoulds have been black.:dunno:
I don't care what any one saids, He wasn't worth all that especially 3rd highest

Koopa
09-03-2007, 04:50 AM
i merged your thread with the other that was started this morning

dude, seriously, get off that skin color **** you are on........you are starting to sound just like an ignorant nothern dick head............ and you theory is flawed, okobi got cut in favor of a white dude........so yeah, stop brining up skin color

simmons has shown he's a good right guard, and he's upped his game this year so far

faneca's skin color didn't have nothing to do with anything because tomlin doesn't sign the players the rooneys and colbert do that.......and last i checked they are white

Captcoolhand
09-03-2007, 05:10 AM
i merged your thread with the other that was started this morning

dude, seriously, get off that skin color shiat you are on........you are starting to sound just like an ignorant nothern dick head............ and you theory is flawed, okobi got cut in favor of a white dude........so yeah, stop brining up skin color

simmons has shown he's a good right guard, and he's upped his game this year so far

faneca's skin color didn't have nothing to do with anything because tomlin doesn't sign the players the rooneys and colbert do that.......and last i checked they are white
Dude I thank you for merging, I didn't see that earlier but where do you get off referring to people as dick heads. I was just making jokes about the color thing sorry you was offended. but then again you might not understand that being that you live down there in spicksville and not have to put up with what us northern ********s have too
I got your point and will leave my opinion at home and not bring it to the Boards.:bigthumb:

Koopa
09-03-2007, 02:00 PM
Dude I thank you for merging, I didn't see that earlier but where do you get off referring to people as dick heads. I was just making jokes about the color thing sorry you was offended. but then again you might not understand that being that you live down there in spicksville and not have to put up with what us northern ********s have too
I got your point and will leave my opinion at home and not bring it to the Boards.:bigthumb:

wow, spicksville??? hos is that you??? see if you would read right, i did not call you a ********, i said you are starting to sound like one of them........ and at first i tought it was a joke, but since this is like your 5th time bringing it up, it's obvious you have rasism in yo heart....... don't ever refer to where i live as spicksville you ****tard........