PDA

View Full Version : Kimo Von Oelhoffen or Nick Eason

BlackGold4vr
09-02-2007, 12:34 PM
Who would you rather see coming in off the bench to spell Aaron Smith or Brett Kiesel?

Kimo was cut by the Jets and is available for cheap.

I personally think Kimo is better than Nick Eason. Put Eason on the practice squad and bring him up in a year or two if he shows significant improvement.

What do the rest of you think?

Black@Gold Forever32
09-02-2007, 12:38 PM
I would take an old Kimo over Nick Eason any day...But I don't think its going to happen.....The Steelers just resigned Kendall Simmons to a 4 year deal worth 24 million with 8.5 million guaranteed.....

steelersgal86
09-02-2007, 12:38 PM
Kimo :tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

Ibleedblk&gld
09-02-2007, 12:41 PM
Kimo :tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

:iagree:

BlackGold4vr
09-02-2007, 12:49 PM
With the jobs of our front 3 being to clog up the run lanes and occupy as many blockers as possible to allow our LB's to make plays........Kimo is a horse and he was very good at this job! Kiesel is a starter because Kimo left. Adding Kimo would really give us a lot of depth at the D-line.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-02-2007, 12:50 PM
With the jobs of our front 3 being to clog up the run lanes and occupy as many blockers as possible to allow our LB's to make plays........Kimo is a horse and he was very good at this job! Kiesel is a starter because Kimo left. Adding Kimo would really give us a lot of depth at the D-line.

Oh I agree with you on Kimo....Like I said though I don't know if the Steelers can bring Kimo in now since they resigned Simmons:dunno: I don't know what their cap space is now....

stillers4me
09-02-2007, 01:25 PM
Kimo deserves to retire a Steeler.

Prosdo
09-02-2007, 01:34 PM
Kimo for sure. We all know what Kimo is capable of.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-02-2007, 01:57 PM
Kimo, Chris Hoke and Kirschke would be an awesome backup unit to the starters. I'd take him over Eason any day. Kimo could play for another couple years yet while we groom a better prospect to take his place.

Keisel earned that starting job, he's just going to be flat out awesome for us. Having Kimo back him up would be great but unless he is willing to come very cheap Im not sure it'll happen either.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-02-2007, 02:42 PM
Kimo signed with the Eagles for 1 year so scrap that idea of Kimo coming back..lol

BBG7
09-02-2007, 03:43 PM
that's too bad....I would have liked to see him back

BlackGold4vr
09-02-2007, 03:43 PM
Kimo signed with the Eagles for 1 year so scrap that idea of Kimo coming back..lol

Oh well! It was a nice thought.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-02-2007, 04:53 PM
Yeah that sucks...oh well, hopefully he's able to help them out.

JB 67
09-03-2007, 04:23 PM
Bungles fans are happy

RckyMtnStlrFan
09-03-2007, 05:49 PM
Personally, I'd like to see Kimo playing for us on Oct. 28th. so I could watch Carson runnin' scared!:lol:

I doubt he'll be back, but I'd love to see him here this season and retire here:yesnod: I've always liked Kimo. He plays Steelers football:bigthumb:

stillers4me
09-03-2007, 06:15 PM
They never listen to us..........:dunno:

RckyMtnStlrFan
09-03-2007, 07:00 PM

:banging:

TEEMONT
09-04-2007, 12:55 AM
In a perfect Salary cap world....gimme Kimo. But if Madden video games have taught me anything, you can't have everything you want.

floodcitygirl
09-04-2007, 01:24 AM
Days ago when I mentioned to some Bengal fans about the possibility of Kimo coming back to us, they started talking about "contracts" being put out on him and how he'd better be careful......and these were 40 something professionals. Maybe he's better off?! :dunno:

WildBillSteel
09-04-2007, 01:30 AM
thats another example of peeps takin a sport to far.........i mean its just a game. but theyre bungle fans so im not suprised to her that lol

BlackGold4vr
09-06-2007, 08:00 PM
KIMO WAS TARGETED

A source with the Steelers admits the team attempted to sign then-free agent Kimo von Oelhoffen early this week after he’d been released by the New York Jets, but the Philadelphia Eagles beat the Steelers to the punch.
“The Eagles must’ve known something because that contract was almost done when we called Kimo’s agent,” said the source. “But we tried.”

For one week anyhow, the Steelers have a back-up defensive end who’ll be playing with a chip on his shoulder. Nick Eason was released by the Browns at the end of last season and said, “I’m taking this game personal.”

Eason was with the Browns for parts of three seasons.

“It’s a personal game, but I just want to win,” he added. “(I’m) not looking to let the emotion of the game make me play without technique. I’ll play within the framework of the defense.”

Eason was asked if he sensed any differences in the two teams’ respective locker rooms before the rivals play.

“Every game, being a Steeler, is a big game,” he said. “In Cleveland, being that they’ve lost for quite many years now and don’t have many wins against the Steelers, it’s probably a Super Bowl. When I was there, playing the Steelers was a Super Bowl game for the most part.”

Nick Eason is lucky that Kimo was signing a contract with Philly as the Steelers FO was calling or else he would be gone. Still wish we could have gotten Kimo back, he was a tough guy!