PDA

View Full Version : Lets get ready for some football

StlersGuy
08-31-2007, 09:03 AM
Hell ya preseason is over and week 1 is about here..

:tt02: Here we go STEELERS Here we go :markit::brownssuck:

BlackGold4vr
08-31-2007, 10:10 AM
I know pre-season doesn't mean much but the Steelers didn't come out of it looking too bad. They are actually #1 in the standings in the AFC conference and also #1 in net points (points scored minus points allowed) at +41. You can go to NFL.com/standings and click on conference/net pts and it will sort the teams by that stat. Steelers are on top of the league in net pts. Our defense has looked very good and the offense has shown small glimpses of it's awesome scoring potential. I believe the offense will improve dramatically when the first team is in there for an entire game. It is harder for an offense to establish a rythm when they play so sparsely in the pre-season. I don't think we are a team that can run the ball down peoples throats anymore but I do believe we are a team capable of offensive explosions. I will no longer fear imminent defeat if the Steelers make a couple mistakes early in a game and get down by a few scores. This team can make comebacks and is capable of scoring quick TD's in the no-huddle and 2 minute offense. Looking forward to this season big-time! So far Mike Tomlin's handling of this team has been nothing short of awesome! You can sense that this team is starting to rally around Coach Tomlin and buy into his football philosophies. Here we go Steelers.......here we go!

:tt02: :brownssuck: :steelersrocksign: :towelwave:

manofsteel
08-31-2007, 12:31 PM
YEEEEEAAAAAAAAA I cant wait. All I did last night was talk about how bad I hated Poopland last night. Even Ben said he snuck up into the QB room a few days ago to start watching tape. He is so focused on beating them that first game.

AZ_Steeler
08-31-2007, 12:39 PM
They also played an extra game then everybody else too so their numbers are a little skewed. Still though they did look good in the pre-season, there are still a couple little bumps here and there but for the most part I am impressed and ready for September 9th!!!

:cope:

ARKIESTEEL
08-31-2007, 12:42 PM
They also played an extra game then everybody else too so their numbers are a little skewed. Still though they did look good in the pre-season, there are still a couple little bumps here and there but for the most part I am impressed and ready for September 9th!!!

:cope:

as long as them bumps aint players hurt we will be fine:2cents:

steelcitysfinestXL
08-31-2007, 01:15 PM
I know pre-season doesn't mean much but the Steelers didn't come out of it looking too bad. They are actually #1 in the standings in the AFC conference and also #1 in net points (points scored minus points allowed) at +41. You can go to NFL.com/standings and click on conference/net pts and it will sort the teams by that stat. Steelers are on top of the league in net pts. Our defense has looked very good and the offense has shown small glimpses of it's awesome scoring potential. I believe the offense will improve dramatically when the first team is in there for an entire game. It is harder for an offense to establish a rythm when they play so sparsely in the pre-season. I don't think we are a team that can run the ball down peoples throats anymore but I do believe we are a team capable of offensive explosions. I will no longer fear imminent defeat if the Steelers make a couple mistakes early in a game and get down by a few scores. This team can make comebacks and is capable of scoring quick TD's in the no-huddle and 2 minute offense. Looking forward to this season big-time! So far Mike Tomlin's handling of this team has been nothing short of awesome! You can sense that this team is starting to rally around Coach Tomlin and buy into his football philosophies. Here we go Steelers.......here we go!

:tt02: :brownssuck: :steelersrocksign: :towelwave:

:plus1:

I totally agree. The defense looks much better this tear especially the secondary... and all this with still limited pressure on the qb. The offense does look to have moved to more of a "quick-strike" type of team. But, i think the "run it down your throat" run game will appear after a 10 point lead. Thats more of an "attitude" thing, and the steelers will never be short of that this year. I look for us to be more 60/40 run/pass this season. I also look for alot more plays over 20+ yards. I CANT WAIT FOR THE 9TH!!!!!!

GoBenGo
08-31-2007, 01:56 PM
:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO STOKED!!
I am taking some pretty good feelings away from preseason into the real one!
World away from last year at this time. Nothing to be over-excited about, but also nothing terrible either. And no known injuries, save for a few minor ones( Wards would be a major one for a normal man, he is no mere normal man)

Steady as she goes!!! All ahead full throttle to Staintown!:tt02::tt02:

:milestone:I JUST HIT 100 POSTS!:newb:
(last time I did that I ended up in some Farmers field):all_coholic:

StlersGuy
08-31-2007, 02:01 PM
I hope we go into Clown Town and kick the crap out of them like we did back in 99 when they made there come back into the NFL...

BBG7
08-31-2007, 03:38 PM
I can't wait. It is almost here!!!!! I will be there!!!! They are going to come out and beat up on the little brownies. It's Tomlin's first real game as our head coach and our guys are going to be pumped up for this game. Remember the excitement they came out with in the Hall of Fame game...that won't even compare to the excitement they will have for this game. Every game counts now and they have to set the tone early.

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!!!

DIESELMAN
08-31-2007, 05:06 PM
I just hope we come out consistent, not slow and complacent. We looked good and we looked bad in preseason but who didn't. Its a new season and a clean slate for everybody.

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!!

JB 67
08-31-2007, 06:14 PM
Let's do this :cope:

digdug
08-31-2007, 06:24 PM
:tt02: :helmet: :tt02: :helmet: :tt02: :helmet: :tt02: :helmet: :tt02:

DOWN WITH THE CLOWNS!!!!!!!!!!

Now that the preseason is over and we escaped relatively unscathed I can barely stand it. I had trouble sleeping last night because I was so amped. Then I started counting Steeler logos jumping over the fence and finally fell asleep. No jinxing it, but I had a dream that had a XLII in it - who knows?

Stairwayto7
08-31-2007, 08:01 PM
I`m getting more and more excited everyday! I almost peed on myself