PDA

View Full Version : Kimo Could Come Back to Pittsburgh

SteelersWoman
08-30-2007, 02:19 AM
http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/08/29/kimo-could-come-back-to-pittsburgh/#cont

Posted Aug 29th 2007 5:44PM by JJ Cooper (http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/bloggers/jj-cooper/)

Credit Jim Wexell for first noting that the Steelers could end up filling their need for a sixth defensive linemen (http://www.heraldstandard.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=18752137&BRD=2280&PAG=461&dept_id=468632&rfi=6) with an old friend. Kimo Von Oelhoffen is in danger of being cut (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2007/08/25/2007-08-25_jets_know_theyre_not_ready_to_fly_yet.html) by the Jets after losing his starting job. While his salary may no longer fit into the Jets plans, the idea of bringing back the longtime Steeler seems a perfect fit for Pittsburgh

The Steelers have three very good starting defensive linemen and two quality backups (Travis Kirschke and Chris Hoke). But when it comes to picking a sixth defensive lineman, the reality is that neither Nick Eason or Ryan McBean is a guy the Steelers want logging significant snaps this year. And right now one of those two is one sprained ankle away from playing 15-20 snaps.

McBean has clearly established he's not ready--he's hoping to just record a single tackle before the preseason ends, although his athletic potential should earn him a redshirt season to gain weight and hopefully come back as a contributor in 2008. Eason is adequate at best. Unfortunately when he's not at his best he gets blown off the line.

Von Oelhoffen doesn't have that problem as he's still a strong, if slow and aging, defensive end. He's not someone the Steelers would want starting on a weekly basis these days, but he's a perfect fit as a "break glass in case of Aaron Smith injury" guy. He seemed to leave for New York still holding the Steelers in high regard. So hopefully if he is waived we'll see him in black and gold before long....

SteelerBee43
08-30-2007, 02:42 AM
I hope we do see him back where he belongs:helmet::tt02::tt02:

steelersgal86
08-30-2007, 07:13 AM
I like Kimo...I hope he does come back..I got his autograph the year before he was gone!!! :tt02::tt02:

SteelersWoman
08-30-2007, 08:45 AM
I liked him too--it just didn't seem the same without him here. And have you ever seen him in the Jets uniform?? It does NOT look as good as the Steelers uniform!

Prosdo
08-30-2007, 08:46 AM
It would be great to see Kimo come back.

Captcoolhand
08-30-2007, 09:14 AM
he's not coming back.Call it what you want but That would just cause so much disruption it's not funny.

SteelersWoman
08-30-2007, 09:22 AM
Why do you think it would be a disruption? He's played long enough in our system and with most of our regulars, that I'd think it would be a "comfort" factor for Kimo AND our guys.

AZ_Steeler
08-30-2007, 12:49 PM
If he does come back hopefully it's only to retire as a Steeler or to take a backup role.

floodcitygirl
08-30-2007, 02:30 PM
It would definately make the Steeler game here in Cincy that much more of an interesting event! :helmet: lol

BlitzburghRockCity
08-30-2007, 02:47 PM
I wouldn't mind having Kimo back either. He's definitely better than either of the 2 DL's we have on the bubble right now.

Kimo was a monster for us and as reliable as they come. If he'd be willing to come back at the right price I'd be happy !

Black@Gold Forever32
08-30-2007, 04:11 PM
I say bring him back...He would be the perfect backup...Plus just the sight of Kimo would make Carson scared like a biatch...lol

black an gold 4 life
08-30-2007, 06:33 PM
kimo coming off the bench would mean the steelers wouldn't miss an beat i hope he comes back also plus we would get him at an good price the veteran min

SteelersfaninPhilly
08-30-2007, 10:39 PM
Kimo has experience in the 3-4. Bring him home. If he wants to take on a backup role.

K Train
08-30-2007, 11:22 PM
come back and retire a steeler

Mike Tomlin
08-31-2007, 02:04 AM
I think Mike would love to have him. I think it would be good because you could keep your d-ends fresh somewhat like Florida did with their d-line last year. Just sub every other down or so,if he started last year why not? Just imagine what that would do to the O-line , every other down their facing a rested player. I'm sure he'll agree to a reasonable amount to play for the Steelers again.

Steelersfan
08-31-2007, 03:40 AM
I think Mike would love to have him. I think it would be good because you could keep your d-ends fresh somewhat like Florida did with their d-line last year. Just sub every other down or so,if he started last year why not? Just imagine what that would do to the O-line , every other down their facing a rested player. I'm sure he'll agree to a reasonable amount to play for the Steelers again.

Great post and I agree. If he doesn't ask too much I say bring him back!

NOVA STEELERS
08-31-2007, 02:41 PM
Would be Great to bring back KIMO.........

Ibleedblk&gld
08-31-2007, 05:32 PM
yes, we need kimo back to break carson palmer's other ankle ;) j/k....i'd love to see him back in a black and gold uniform

BBG7
08-31-2007, 05:36 PM
I wouldn't mind to see Kimo back in black and gold

digdug
08-31-2007, 06:03 PM
It would be great to have Kimo back, plus he could help with our experienced depth issues on the D-Line.

stillers4me
08-31-2007, 06:45 PM
I liked him too--it just didn't seem the same without him here. And have you ever seen him in the Jets uniform?? It does NOT look as good as the Steelers uniform!

None of them look as good as the black and gold!! :cope:

Joey's going to look like a sissy in a Fin suit. :lol:

K Train
08-31-2007, 07:49 PM
cant be scary with a cute little fish on your head

BlitzburghRockCity
08-31-2007, 08:38 PM
It would be good to have Kimo back, the team hasn't had a seamstress since he left :lol:

BlackGold4vr
08-31-2007, 09:58 PM
It would be great to have Kimo back, plus he could help with our experienced depth issues on the D-Line.

:plus1:

It would be a huge upgrade over Nick Eason and Ryan McBean. Neither of which have shown any reason to keep on the 53 man roster. They should release them both and pick somebody off of the waiver wire that gets cut from another team. Can't do any worse than those two guys. :cope:

K Train
08-31-2007, 10:13 PM
mcbean isnt that bad, way to give the dude a chance

BlackGold4vr
08-31-2007, 11:47 PM
mcbean isnt that bad, way to give the dude a chance

He just isn't ready to contribute at this level yet. Put him on the practice squad this year and give him another chance next year. Kimo on the other hand if indeed he became available could contribute immediately. :yesnod:

SteelerFan87
09-01-2007, 02:06 PM
I agree with BG4. I think McBean has potential, but I certainly don't want to have to depend on him if one of our starters goes down. Put him on the practice squad, and next year, after he's spent some time in our system, he can make the team and be ready to contribute. For now, I'd LOVE to have Kimo back, as a backup, for backup money. And just think of how all the bungles fans would be bitching. LOL!