PDA

View Full Version : Cowher has no coaching plans

PsychoWard
08-29-2007, 06:43 PM
heres the link
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7167798

Though Bill Cowher will likely be in high demand the next time a coaching job opens up, the Super Bowl winning coach plans to remain with CBS as an analyst for at least this year and 2008, according to a report on USA Today's Web site.

"Bill came in to have a few words with our group and said, 'I'm not coaching this year, or in 2008,' " fellow CBS analyst Solomon Wilcots said in the report. "It surprised me, only because you know he's going to be in demand, despite saying that. There's still going to be owners who believe they can woo him and will come after him.

"But I don't think it's based just on Bill's commitment to TV. It's more that he wants to see his (two older) daughters play basketball at Princeton."

However, there is a feeling that Cowher is talking about staying away from coaching to drive up his price. But after 15 seasons with the Pittsburgh Steelers, the 50-year-old Cowher is enjoying the freedom of not being a coach.

"We're spending Labor Day weekend at the beach," Cowher said in the report. "I haven't been able to do that since I started coaching. ... This allows football to be a big part of my life but not an all-consuming part."

black an gold 4 life
08-29-2007, 09:23 PM
2 hell with cowher he's an coward an would still b coaching pittsburgh had they gave him 8 million an year ( lol ) 4 one superbowl r u crazy this ain't cleveland,sanfran,detroit,etc..........the rooneys don't over pay players or coaches

SteelersfaninPhilly
08-29-2007, 11:05 PM
Come on guys. You cannot take what cowher says at face value. I know about three teams in the nfc already have started laying the ground work to see what it would take to bring cowher in next season. Cowher, is just doing the one year at a time. Cause he knows offers are coming his way. Not to mention cowher has been in contact with certain people who would assist him. In the football operations department.