PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland Browns vs. Pittsburgh Steelers

StlersGuy
08-28-2007, 06:17 PM
Born rivals

It is the oldest rivalry in the AFC North and one of the nastiest in the NFL. The Steelers and the Browns played for the first time on a Saturday night in October of 1950, a 30-17 win for the Browns in Pittsburgh. Since then, they have played each other over 100 times, more than any other AFC matchup.

But the sense of rivalry between Cleveland and Pittsburgh is even older than the series itself. It is bound up in the identities of two cities that are very much alike at heart. Both Pittsburgh and Cleveland have proud histories as centers of American industry, as blue-collar towns that exalted toughness, perseverance, and hard work as the ingredients for success. Perhaps it is not surprising, then, that football became the passion of fans in Pittsburgh and Cleveland alike, because these same qualities are at the heart of the game of football. And it is toughness, perseverance, and hard work that Pittsburgh and Cleveland fans love to see from their football teams-- win or lose, the Browns and the Steelers are expected to reflect their cities by their battering, grind-it-out style of play. The Browns and the Steelers are the best of enemies, mirror images of each other like the cities they represent. Put them both on one field twice a year, and you have all the makings of a classic rivalry.

It was a natural choice to put the Steelers and Browns in the same division in 1950 when the Browns joined the NFL from the competing All-America Football Conference. Even though Pittsburgh and Cleveland were usually separated by several games in the standings, they were separated by only 137 miles of turnpike on the map, and their games soon became anticipated events for fans in both cities. In a scheduling move that capitalized on the drawing power of the rivalry, the Steelers and Browns played each other on Saturday nights 12 times between 1950 and 1970, including all of the games in Cleveland from 1963 to 1970. The atmosphere of these night games could be quite raucous, with brave fans of the visiting team making the trip across the state line to cheer their team on. The game was often a mismatch, with Paul Brown's perennial championship contenders running all over the hapless Steelers. But it was always hard fought on both sides.
When the American Football League merged with the NFL in 1970, Pittsburgh and Cleveland were two of the three NFL teams that were assigned to the American Football Conference along with the AFL clubs. The move meant leaving traditional NFL foes behind, but it kept the Steelers-Browns rivalry intact as the centerpiece of the new AFC Central division. At the same time, the rivalry began to take on a new character as the Steelers shed their tradition of losing.
Power shift

It's likely that no other NFL rivalry has seen so drastic a reversal of fortune as the one between the Steelers and the Browns. Cleveland dominated the Steelers in the 1950's and 60's, winning the first eight games of the series and 16 of the first 18. By 1972, Steelers fans looked with envy at the Browns' collection of 25 divisional and league championship titles, not having even a single title to claim for Pittsburgh. But under coach Chuck Noll, a former Browns player, the Steelers developed into a powerhouse, the team of the 1970's-- no longer the division's doormat, but rather the team to beat. In 1974, the year of their first Super Bowl victory, Pittsburgh won a game in Cleveland for the first time in a decade.

The Browns were not about to make it easy for the Steelers during their run of success, though. If anything, the games became even more fierce in the 1970's. Some of the most enduring memories of the rivalry's viciousness come from that era, such as the time in 1976 when Browns defensive end Joe "Turkey" Jones lifted Pittsburgh QB Terry Bradshaw off his feet and spiked him to the Cleveland turf head first, sidelining Bradshaw for two games. The games were hard-hitting and often close, but during the years of the Steel Curtain defense, Pittsburgh usually came out on top, winning 11 out of 12 against the Browns.

One of the things that has made Browns vs. Steelers such a great rivalry is the importance given to it by the fans regardless of the circumstances of the season. The overall history of the rivalry has been that when the Browns were up, the Steelers were usually down, and vice versa. But winning the Steelers-Browns game has remained a priority, whether it served as a stepping stone to the playoffs or as the lone bright spot in a disappointing season (or a way to foul up the opponent's season).
Defending home turf

It never took long for new players to come to appreciate the importance the rivalry had for the fans-- it was clear from the frenzy of the Dawg Pound in Cleveland and the blast-furnace-like intensity of games at Three Rivers that the fans cared about these games. That's likely why home field has meant so much in the Pittsburgh-Cleveland series. Wins in opposing territory have been hard to come by. The Browns beat the Steelers nine games in a row at Cleveland Municipal Stadium from 1965 to 1973, for instance. Three Rivers Stadium opened in 1970, but the Browns didn't get their first win there until 1986.

That 27-24 victory marked the beginning of a short run of renewed dominance in the rivalry for Cleveland. QB Bernie Kosar, who grew up as a Browns fan in Ohio hating the Steelers, led Cleveland to four consecutive wins in Pittsburgh. The last of these was a 51-0 embarassment of the Steelers in 1989 on opening day at Three Rivers, still the worst loss Pittsburgh has suffered in its long history in the NFL.

Under head coach Bill Cowher, the Steelers gradually took control of the rivalry back from the Browns in the 1990's, first at home, then in Cleveland. The rivalry was taken to another level of intensity in 1994 when the two teams met in the postseason for the first time ever and the Steelers completed a difficult three-game sweep of the Browns.

It has taken a long time, but things have completely reversed themselves in the rivalry since 1972, when the Steelers started to win. The Steelers have mostly had the upper hand, winning 17 AFC Central and North titles to the Browns' 6. Now, it is Browns fans who envy the Steelers' five Lombardi trophies, while the Super Bowl has so far eluded Cleveland. The Steelers, who at one point trailed the Browns by 23 games in the overall series, finally tied it at 55-55 in a Thursday night game at Heinz Field in 2006. And the animosity runs as deep as ever in both cities. The fans in Pittsburgh and Cleveland, having stuck with their teams through good times and bad, know all the more which one they prefer.
A love-hate relationship

But for all the rivalry's nastiness, there is a begrudging respect between fans of the two teams-- a recognition of the richness of their history, their no-nonsense approach to the game, and the passion of both cities' fans for football. Perhaps this was seen most clearly in 1995, when Cleveland owner Art Modell announced that he was moving the Browns to Baltimore. At a Monday Night Football game against the Browns in Pittsburgh, Steelers fans donned orange armbands to show their support for Browns fans in their attempt to keep their beloved team in Cleveland. Art Modell remains a reviled figure in Pittsburgh-- almost as much as he is in Cleveland-- because the move nearly ended one of the NFL's greatest rivalries.

After three dreary years with no team in Cleveland, the series was resumed in 1999 when Cleveland was granted an expansion team-- with the Browns name, colors, and history intact-- to replace the team they had lost. In the first game of the season, the Steelers gave Cleveland a rude welcome back to the NFL with a 43-0 romp over the new Browns in Cleveland. Later that same year, the Browns delighted their fans by pulling off a 16-15 upset of the Steelers at Three Rivers. The rivalry was back!

In truth, though, it would be a while before Browns-Steelers games carried the weight they once had for the players. Cleveland was starting from a blank slate-- and after three years without the Browns, most of the Steelers no longer thought of Cleveland as their biggest divisional rival.

But the fans will never forget, and every autumn, as the Steelers and Browns take the field again, familiarity breeds a little more contempt.

Link to story here (http://www.afc-north.com/rivalry/clepit.html)

K Train
08-28-2007, 07:14 PM
good read, we're bringing overall dominace of the series to pittsburgh on the 9th

Stlrs4Life
08-28-2007, 07:48 PM
Good read, but I don't remember very many Steeler Fans wearing Orange Arm bands for that game, they also tried to get us to turn our backs for the KO. I did niether, I honestly didn't care if Cleveland ever got a team back.

steelersgal86
08-28-2007, 07:50 PM
:tt02::tt02:good article:tt02::tt02:

DIESELMAN
08-28-2007, 08:25 PM
Nice read.....:cope: :cope: :cope:

Steel-Da-One
08-28-2007, 09:36 PM
good read!

BlitzburghNation
08-28-2007, 09:38 PM
Nice read,,,,,,,,,:bigthumb:

In 12 more days "cleveland will recieve there :moon: kicking"

Ibleedblk&gld
08-28-2007, 09:39 PM
and brady quinn isn't starting against us

StlersGuy
08-28-2007, 10:30 PM
and brady quinn isn't starting against us

:banging: damn I wanted to beat up on a rookie

BlitzburghRockCity
08-28-2007, 10:49 PM
Good read, but I don't remember very many Steeler Fans wearing Orange Arm bands for that game, they also tried to get us to turn our backs for the KO. I did niether, I honestly didn't care if Cleveland ever got a team back.

I remember that game too, weren't they handing out those arm bands at the front gates ? I can remember countless fans saying things like " Hell no I aint wearing that browns ****" or " I never supported the browns a day in my life and Im not about to start now" and other various words of whit laced with 4 letter adjectives :lol:

I didn't wear one either. I felt bad for the city losing their team because it was just downright low and underhanded for Modell to pull that stunt but still, it's the clowns...they hate us and we hate them.

WildBillSteel
08-29-2007, 12:19 AM
brownies = pwned :tt02:

NOVA STEELERS
08-31-2007, 02:45 PM
Nice Read............. knocking around the clowns in week 1 is a great way to start the season

StlersGuy
08-31-2007, 03:05 PM
Nice Read............. knocking around the clowns in week 1 is a great way to start the season

watch out they might throw something at you

http://bengals.enquirer.com/img/photos/2001/12/121801bottlefan_zoom.jpg

BBG7
08-31-2007, 03:11 PM
I'll be at the game....can't wait!!!

digdug
08-31-2007, 03:16 PM
Clowns should be in the circus not in football. But from the looks of that picture they won't need any fat suits, but plenty of makeup.

StlersGuy
08-31-2007, 03:21 PM
I'll be at the game....can't wait!!!

be careful they is nothing but drunk a-holes in cleveland

BBG7
08-31-2007, 03:25 PM
I'm not worried....I go to a lot of away games (esp. in Cincy) and I have dealt with it all!!! But thanks and I'll be careful!

SteelersWoman
08-31-2007, 04:29 PM
Can someone explain why WE'RE considered the underdogs goin into this game??

It can't be homefield advantage for them, we've beaten them too many times there. Can't be that Charlie Frye is considered a better QB than Big Ben, and can't be because they've won more pre-season games than us--they haven't. So what the heck??

We were the underdogs goin into the Panthers game, but this just seems a bit much.

StlersGuy
08-31-2007, 04:49 PM
Can someone explain why WE'RE considered the underdogs goin into this game??

It can't be homefield advantage for them, we've beaten them too many times there. Can't be that Charlie Frye is considered a better QB than Big Ben, and can't be because they've won more pre-season games than us--they haven't. So what the heck??

We were the underdogs goin into the Panthers game, but this just seems a bit much.

we are the favorites

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/gaming/sheridan.htm

Ibleedblk&gld
08-31-2007, 05:25 PM
though brady quinn isn't starting against us in the opening game...i predict he'll be playing from the 3rd quarter on...

GoBenGo
08-31-2007, 05:45 PM
watch out they might throw something at you

http://bengals.enquirer.com/img/photos/2001/12/121801bottlefan_zoom.jpg
throws like a sissy.
THIS is the face of Cleveland.

JB 67
08-31-2007, 06:12 PM
reminds me of Kosar :cope:

SteelersWoman
08-31-2007, 06:40 PM
we are the favorites

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/gaming/sheridan.htm

Yeah, I'd read that on another thread, but this is what I'd read first which put us as the underdogs:

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem/13479/11/picks?week=1 (http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem/13479/11/picks?week=1)

I'll try to to pay much attention to what they say anymore lol

Stairwayto7
08-31-2007, 07:58 PM
I live in the area, unfortunatley. We are their Super Bowl, for us, I think the rivalry has shifted since they went to balt.

StlersGuy
08-31-2007, 08:00 PM
I live in the area, unfortunatley. We are their Super Bowl, for us, I think the rivalry has shifted since they went to balt.

it has and I can say I want Cleveland to turn it around just so we can start the hate up all over...

I mean back before 95 when the Clowns and us played it was WAR and that is the way it should be :tt02:

dawgs
07-02-2008, 03:22 PM
tHIS IS CLEVELAND TIME NOW, STEELERS HAVE NOT DONE ****. browns have a top 3 offence and a much improved defence. steelers need to enjoy it while it lasts.

- Why do steeler fans rub it in that they have owned the browns since returning. because browns fans are much more die hart and crazy then the steelers fans are. So when the browns beat the steelers this season, omg, there will be no steeler houses standing by th end of the night. Jut diggin even deeper holes for you guys. But its all good.

CLEVELAND ROCKS!!!!

SteelCityPride08
07-02-2008, 04:19 PM
**** those clowns
:brownssign:

steelersgal86
07-02-2008, 04:23 PM
tHIS IS CLEVELAND TIME NOW, STEELERS HAVE NOT DONE shiat. browns have a top 3 offence and a much improved defence. steelers need to enjoy it while it lasts.

- Why do steeler fans rub it in that they have owned the browns since returning. because browns fans are much more die hart and crazy then the steelers fans are. So when the browns beat the steelers this season, omg, there will be no steeler houses standing by th end of the night. Jut diggin even deeper holes for you guys. But its all good.

CLEVELAND ROCKS!!!!

What the hell kind of drugs are you on :dunno: you dont have a clue...all Cleveland fans say it is Cleveland's time now...for every damn sport...it is getting a little old...at least we hold up our end...and beat the shiat out of the browns year after year after year.....

and how can you say browns fans are more "die hart" than steelers fans :scratch: you guys are the biggest whiners when you lose year after year after year...and it will be no different when we play you in just a few short months....:markit:

dawgs
07-02-2008, 04:30 PM
well steelers do have alot of front running fans, that happens. browns have 0 superbowl wins and still sellout every freakin game. So by far the browns have the best fans.

your right, we do say its are time alot, then again man, browns NEVER had a team like they do now since returning. you have to admit that. Browns offence is just insane, and getting rogers and williams on the DL will help alot.

SteelCityPride08
07-02-2008, 04:39 PM
tHIS IS CLEVELAND TIME NOW, STEELERS HAVE NOT DONE shiat. browns have a top 3 offence and a much improved defence. steelers need to enjoy it while it lasts.

CLEVELAND ROCKS!!!!

Browns fans are much more die hart? get the **** outta here crazy? of course your fans are crazy, they are going insane because your team can't do ****. Untill your team makes a legit run for it, shut the **** up. You and your cleveland shits arent gonna do a god damn thing this year. I'm sure you've heard this but I'll say it again, the only bowl you cleveland brown fans are going to see is at the bottom of a toilet "dawg".
There is something you can do though. Take your bitch *** opinions, shove em up your *** and get the **** out of these forums you ****in clown.

**** THE BROWNS

Captcoolhand
07-02-2008, 04:47 PM

CLEVELAND ROCKS!!!!
It wouldn't be so bad to come here and trash talk if you was really here to stick around. Most people introduce themselves.(Before they talk Trash)

:woodson::brownssign:

Black@Gold Forever32
07-02-2008, 05:23 PM
well steelers do have alot of front running fans, that happens. browns have 0 superbowl wins and still sellout every freakin game. So by far the browns have the best fans.

your right, we do say its are time alot, then again man, browns NEVER had a team like they do now since returning. you have to admit that. Browns offence is just insane, and getting rogers and williams on the DL will help alot.

Steelers fans are some of the biggest homers around so no we as an entire fan base are not front runners....Maybe back in the 70s when the team won four Super Bowls in six years there were front runners...lol

I just can't wait until the Steelers sweep the Browns again this year...Its going to be sweet like always...Yea you're team is much improved and is the best team since the Browns have been back...But your team has questions just like the Steelers....I don't think Rogers are Williams are perfect fit for the 3-4.......Which the Browns use a 3-4..........I also would have to see if Derek Anderson is the real deal.....He did fold and choke late last year when the Browns were in the play-off hunt...lol....The Browns secondary flat out sucks...lol

BlitzburghRockCity
07-02-2008, 05:23 PM
Who are you and could you please share the crack pipe you're smoking, with the rest of us..it's obviously pretty good stuff :rolleyes:

Sorry dude but we hear this stuff every year about every cleveland team and every year it's the same thing. You guys over hype yourself till your blue in the face. Are the clowns improved, of course they are, anybody can see that but please don't give yourself so much credit for winning 10 games with a 4th place division schedule.

steelersgal86
07-02-2008, 05:26 PM
Who are you and could you please share the crack pipe you're smoking, with the rest of us..it's obviously pretty good stuff :rolleyes:

Sorry dude but we hear this stuff every year about every cleveland team and every year it's the same thing. You guys over hype yourself till your blue in the face. Are the clowns improved, of course they are, anybody can see that but please don't give yourself so much credit for winning 10 games with a 4th place division schedule.

That's what I am talking about :lol: Glad to see I was not the only one to notice he is on some good stuff :eyecrazy:

Stairwayto7
07-02-2008, 05:30 PM

ALOT! You say it every year! Your Great offense beat one opponent with a plus .500 record, big deal. You haven`t beat us yet, so its not the right time to talk. Your top 3 offense spuuttered down the homestretch, couldn`t win anything. Anderson put up good numbers the first half of the season, then did squat. Your fans were calling for his head later in the year.

TEEMONT
07-02-2008, 05:32 PM

CLEVELAND ROCKS!!!!

lol...huh?

How can you even start a post out with "Steelers have not done shiat?"

I'm not one to try and bring the past up, since it's gone, but we sure as hell can't argue future right now.....idiot.

Do you sell cars by chance? And what kind of name is dawgs? Couldn't you have totally super original like the other clowns fans here, and come up with a brand new name like JoeThomas or BradyQuinn?

BlitzburghRockCity
07-02-2008, 05:38 PM
Now the real test will be to see what he comes back with( if anything ) after seeing the responses. He must just be really bored and trying to make us believe he can sell us some land in FLorida too.

TEEMONT
07-02-2008, 05:46 PM
Now the real test will be to see what he comes back with( if anything ) after seeing the responses. He must just be really bored and trying to make us believe he can sell us some land in FLorida too.

or a car in ohio....

steelcityrockers
07-02-2008, 05:54 PM

CLEVELAND ROCKS!!!!

Dude...not cool. I am the biggest Browns defender here (despite being a Steelers fan.) You have made an *** of yourself. Build a rep before you come here and trashtalk. I am all for trashtalking but can't do it without backing up what you say nor without at least having some rep. Oh and you also need to learn how to spell.

Captcoolhand
07-02-2008, 06:34 PM
Who are you and could you please share the crack pipe you're smoking, with the rest of us..it's obviously pretty good stuff :rolleyes: Hey wait, Drugs r for losers, :D

Sorry dude but we hear this stuff every year about every cleveland team and every year it's the same thing. You guys over hype yourself till your blue in the face. Are the clowns improved, of course they are, anybody can see that but please don't give yourself so much credit for winning 10 games with a 4th place division schedule. Oh wait that is the topic :whistle:

PsychoWard
07-02-2008, 09:15 PM
or a car in ohio....

nope sorry dude not this time i have no idea who this ******* is!!! we can't even get on this site anymore at work thats why i haven't been on as much!!!

dawgs
07-02-2008, 09:46 PM
I got tired of cleveland forums because just alot of cavs talk right now, so whated to see what was going on in the land of titsburgh. But there was nothin so I just thought ill make some comments, and by the looks of it, I drove some of you guys nuts.

All I said was the browns look real good, and now you guys are calling me a used car saleman?? I hate flordia, if I had land down there I would burn it. Im not looking to get in any huge arguements right now, save that for the season, i just would like your guys honest opinions on some topics.

1. what do u guys really think about the browns and how there improving?

2. why are the steelers getting rid of davenport, He did ok last season, and who is your guys 3rd string RB then?

Stairwayto7
07-02-2008, 10:06 PM
I got tired of cleveland forums because just alot of cavs talk right now, so whated to see what was going on in the land of titsburgh. But there was nothin so I just thought ill make some comments, and by the looks of it, I drove some of you guys nuts.

All I said was the browns look real good, and now you guys are calling me a used car saleman?? I hate flordia, if I had land down there I would burn it. Im not looking to get in any huge arguements right now, save that for the season, i just would like your guys honest opinions on some topics.

2. why are the steelers getting rid of davenport, He did ok last season, and who is your guys 3rd string RB then?

Davenport might be in leagl trouble, that doesnt work in Pittsburgh! It might work in cleveland since J.Lewis spent time behind bars.

The browns improved, but I`m not sold, one good game they played against Seattle, other than that, the only reason Anderson threw for some many yards and some many TD`s was because had to out score everyone, they weren`t blowing anybody out. And the teams they did beat were under .500. Anderson fell on his face the last six games of the year. He was only re signed because they knew they were stuck, nobody would sign him in FA knowinbg they had to give up a 1st rounder for him. The browns are hoping that he plays well enough to trade.

TEEMONT
07-02-2008, 10:17 PM
nope sorry dude not this time i have no idea who this ******* is!!! we can't even get on this site anymore at work thats why i haven't been on as much!!!

dammit...why cant it ever be easy?

oh well ill stop talkin **** on the skinny 6'4" 210 dude now...lol

dawgs
Davenport might be in leagl trouble, that doesnt work in Pittsburgh! It might work in cleveland since J.Lewis spent time behind bars.

The browns improved, but I`m not sold, one good game they played against Seattle, other than that, the only reason Anderson threw for some many yards and some many TD`s was because had to out score everyone, they weren`t blowing anybody out. And the teams they did beat were under .500. Anderson fell on his face the last six games of the year. He was only re signed because they knew they were stuck, nobody would sign him in FA knowinbg they had to give up a 1st rounder for him. The browns are hoping that he plays well enough to trade.

lewis did not get in trouble while on the browns. we are not cici man.

anderson did well because of Ewards, winslow, lewis, joe, cribbs, now with stallworth, martin, Anderson should be fine. But quinn is the man here, and has been great so far in practice.

they were not blowing anyone out because the def sucks. But now bringing over williams, rogers to help the line, plus pool and jones getting better and the real good young LB core, baxter also now back. the def should be alot better.

steelcitysfinestXL

Do we have a lil smiley for "back-pedaling"!?! LOL

1. The Browns, IMO, atleast had a good offseason following a 10-6 season. Some big name signings in Williams and Rogers at positions of need. The problem is those two guys, like said before dont find your D. I wanted us to look at both of those guys... for 10-15 plays a game, back ups. You're talking about them being the staples of your D. Stallworth doesnt scare anyone, sorry he hasnt been good since N.O. and a few bright spots in Philly. But you dont have McNabb! Quite honestly, no one knows who DA is. With Quinn behind him i wouldnt put it past Romeo to throw Brady in if/when DA fails to produce against a much stiffer competition than our division faced last year.

2. Najeh would never be a feature back with Parker on this team. Najeh , on paper, doesn stack-up to Mendenhall who will split time w/ Parker. (Bruce Arians said "you dont lose much speed at all going from Parker to Mendenhall")
Mewelde Moore was aquired in the offseason from Minn. A true 3rd down back who is a better returner than anyone we have. Russell is a 2nd year guy who the coaching staff is VERY high in to say the least.
We are set with a nice stable of RB's... dookie was the odd man out!

dawgs
07-02-2008, 10:31 PM
Do we have a lil smiley for "back-pedaling"!?! LOL

1. The Browns, IMO, atleast had a good offseason following a 10-6 season. Some big name signings in Williams and Rogers at positions of need. The problem is those two guys, like said before dont find your D. I wanted us to look at both of those guys... for 10-15 plays a game, back ups. You're talking about them being the staples of your D. Stallworth doesnt scare anyone, sorry he hasnt been good since N.O. and a few bright spots in Philly. But you dont have McNabb! Quite honestly, no one knows who DA is. With Quinn behind him i wouldnt put it past Romeo to throw Brady in if/when DA fails to produce against a much stiffer competition than our division faced last year.

2. Najeh would never be a feature back with Parker on this team. Najeh , on paper, doesn stack-up to Mendenhall who will split time w/ Parker. (Bruce Arians said "you dont lose much speed at all going from Parker to Mendenhall")
Mewelde Moore was aquired in the offseason from Minn. A true 3rd down back who is a better returner than anyone we have. Russell is a 2nd year guy who the coaching staff is VERY high in to say the least.
We are set with a nice stable of RB's... dookie was the odd man out!

1. williams was a starter on a top def team in green bay, He's no backup. rogers was the best def linemen threw about 7 weeks but got burned out when detroit played him every single down. browns have good depth there, and can keep everyone fresh. there no backups man. If you did not know, stallworth was on a team called the pats. where little guys named randy moss and wes welker are the main parts, and stallworth still got 600+ yards. stallworth will be #2 WR for us, but 3rd option behind Ewards and winslow. nobody knows who DA is?? sweet, then he should surprise more people.

2. thanks on the info about najeh, I forgot about moore.

ejsteeler
07-02-2008, 10:38 PM
Look at the schedule you had last year....look at the schedule we had last year.....look at the schedules this year.....if, and it is a big if, the clowns can keep up, they may stand a chance with the last game meaning something......ha! just kidding, there is no way the clowns contend this year. :lol:

steelcitysfinestXL
07-02-2008, 11:22 PM
1. williams was a starter on a top def team in green bay, He's no backup. rogers was the best def linemen threw about 7 weeks but got burned out when detroit played him every single down. browns have good depth there, and can keep everyone fresh. there no backups man. If you did not know, stallworth was on a team called the pats. where little guys named randy moss and wes welker are the main parts, and stallworth still got 600+ yards. stallworth will be #2 WR for us, but 3rd option behind Ewards and winslow. nobody knows who DA is?? sweet, then he should surprise more people..

Im saying on our team, i saw those guys spelling Casey Hampton and Aaron smith. I know all about Rogers, ive been a fan for years. Corey Williams has been a good player in GB for the last couple seasons... i wanna see how he does in a 3-4! Stallworth is gonna be a number 2 for yinz, he was a #4 in the eyes of "The Pats"behind Jabar Gaffney who had more TD's!! Thats why Stallworth is in CLE and Jabar is in NE. When i say no body knows DA is because he had ONE GOOD YEAR. Im tired of hearing about the great DA from Browns fans. Put in a tape of the last quarter of the season, study his play then climb off of your high horse!!! Look at the games against BUF and CIN and tell me you have somplete faith in that man! Not trying to be a D**K man, but im not really all that impressed by the browns!

2. thanks on the info about najeh, I forgot about moore.
You're Welcome!!!:greengrin:

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]

If you did not know, stallworth was on a team called the pats. where little guys named randy moss and wes welker are the main parts, and stallworth still got 600+ yards.

Oh and because you didnt know, Donte Stallworth played 4 seasons with the New Orleans Saints, before he landed in Philly for a season. Then he was dealt to NE to be a #2 across from Moss, ahead of Wes Welker (who only started 3 games in his career with MIA) IF Stallworth was worth his salt... he would have beat out Wes Welker and had a 1200 yard career year. But he is a lifetime underachiever and will get lost in the shuffle behind Edwards, K2 and Joe J.!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
07-02-2008, 11:41 PM

Trust me, you haven't drove any of us nuts; it takes a lot more than a clowns fan coming here and yapping about the same old same old stuff we hear ever year to get anything more than a snicker or low growl out of most of us. However we do appreciate you coming on board to stir the pot a little and see what kind of crazy ideas you have in thinking the browns will be something special this year. :yellowthumb:

K Train
07-02-2008, 11:46 PM
stallworth is a joke and hes not nearly big enough for anderson to hit.....you have to be huge for him to hit you, his accuracy and decision making is terrible.

shaun rogers is NOT a 34 dlinman by any means at all, hes a pass rushing DT in a 43 and thats it...you want his *** taking up blockers for the whole game? not gonna happen, thats not his style of play and hes a 15 quality snap a game type guy to begin with...he will get pushed around in a 34

steelcityrockers
07-03-2008, 12:20 AM
Anderson has decent accuracy. Just saying.

K Train
07-03-2008, 01:11 AM
actually its terrible, especially when he gets all flustered. he has no poise at all, you get anywhere near him and his throws go straight into the ground. K2, edwards and joe are huge targets and definitely blow up his accuracy a little bit

steelcityrockers
07-03-2008, 10:36 AM
The big targets help a lot, but he is a lot like Drew Bledsoe. Except worse decision making. If he has time, he can "thread the needle" but if he has some pressure he cannot do shiat.

dawgs
07-03-2008, 12:39 PM
1. anderson has a huge arm and loves to let it rip. stallworth is very fast, so its a good match for that reason alone.

2. rogers is 340+ pounds on a good day, so with him playing the nose, that will block alot of O'line so are linebackers can get in. also rogers is pretty fast for a guy his size, so u could see him move over to the end and rush. trust me, the browns know this guys talent, there not just going to make him stand there. K train, browns have good depth on the DL, so rogers will get pretty of rest, not like with detroit where he played 40+ downs. thats just insane.

3. I can't talk about Anderson's poise, because are OL was so freaking sweet last year, He never had to rush much. But he trys to force alot of throws, but you gotta understand this was pretty much his first year as a starter, still a learning process. But he did get hit pretty hard at the end of last season. So although he is the starter, his leach will be quite shorter.

K Train
07-03-2008, 12:48 PM
1. anderson has a huge arm and loves to let it rip. stallworth is very fast, so its a good match for that reason alone.

2. rogers is 340+ pounds on a good day, so with him playing the nose, that will block alot of O'line so are linebackers can get in. also rogers is pretty fast for a guy his size, so u could see him move over to the end and rush. trust me, the browns know this guys talent, there not just going to make him stand there. K train, browns have good depth on the DL, so rogers will get pretty of rest, not like with detroit where he played 40+ downs. thats just insane.

3. I can't talk about Anderson's poise, because are OL was so freaking sweet last year, He never had to rush much. But he trys to force alot of throws, but you gotta understand this was pretty much his first year as a starter, still a learning process. But he did get hit pretty hard at the end of last season. So although he is the starter, his leach will be quite shorter.

for your oline being so freaking sweet last year our defense continually molested it. even in the game when you guys took a quick lead....in the fourth quarter anderson last like 9 passes went straight into the turf and all the recievers were hearing footsteps.

Our defense>your offense
our offense>your defense
our offense>your offense
our defense>your defense

so basically our team>your team

:markit:

BlitzburghRockCity
07-03-2008, 12:50 PM
Stallworth isn't going to be any major factor..he wasn't in NE and he was barely in Phila because they had nobody else. You guys already have Cribbs to return kicks so that's one less thing Stallworth will be doing. He'll be adequate but don't expect major contributions from him IMO.

The problem with Cleveland is they've played a 3rd or 4th place division schedule for last 10 years so now they win 10 games on that same schedule and it suddenly will be more difficult this year. Winning 10 games against nobody teams is one thing, and last year they surprised a lot of people outside the AFCN by having a pretty decent offense. This year they won't surprise anyone. Should be a great year; the Ratbirds and Bungals won't contend so it will come down to us and the mistake by the lake.

K Train
07-03-2008, 12:54 PM
i think the ravens have a better chance to contend then people give them credit for...troy smith is a baller. i think we lose to them before we lose to the browns...honeslty we very well may never lose to the browns again, we might have a streak going that will be admired for years to come

steelcityrockers
07-03-2008, 01:19 PM
Yeah, the Ravens seem to be on the rebound.

dawgs
07-03-2008, 01:20 PM
troy smith is a big browns fan and he thinks steelers are nothin but ****in thugs. So He will whoop your guys *** for sure.

top gun do you know much about football?? you just said stallworth was not a big factor with the pats?? you u must tihnk randy moss ans wes suck *** right??

browns steelers
o-line > o-line
TE'S > TE'S
WR'S > WR'S
RB'S > RB'S ( yes the browns, your darft pick is not proven yet, lewis is. harrison and wright played great last season.)
QB < QB
CB > CB( browns young corners are very good,)
S > S
DL > DL
LB'S = LB;S( I can't really judge the browns linebackers because of how bad the DL was. but wimbley and jackson are stright up beasts, also other then harrison for the steelers, noting that good.)

im out. Ill be back when the season starts. Because the freakin colors here are making me hungry for a twinkie.

K Train
07-03-2008, 01:36 PM
troy smith is a big browns fan and he thinks steelers are nothin but ****in thugs. So He will whoop your guys *** for sure.

top gun do you know much about football?? you just said stallworth was not a big factor with the pats?? you u must tihnk randy moss ans wes suck *** right??

browns steelers
o-line > o-line
TE'S > TE'S
WR'S > WR'S
RB'S > RB'S ( yes the browns, your darft pick is not proven yet, lewis is. harrison and wright played great last season.)
QB < QB
S > S
DL > DL
LB'S = LB;S( I can't really judge the browns linebackers because of how bad the DL was. but wimbley and jackson are stright up beasts, also other then harrison for the steelers, noting that good.)

im out. Ill be back when the season starts. Because the freakin colors here are making me hungry for a twinkie.

Wide recievers and running backs? you just lost all credibility there. Im taking ike and bmac over mcdonald and wright any day. safety? troy is a bum and hes still better than any brown safety. Wimbley is a master of the position but your other 3 guys are at bum status while we have ballers at all 4 spots at LB. And your dline might have more depth, but smith and casey alone are better than any combo of 3 your could put together.

how could a fan of such a failure of a team that still remains so unproven and hasnt beat the steelers in years be so over confident...you are in for yet another big disappointment and a top 15 pick

steelcityrockers
07-03-2008, 01:56 PM
Sean Jones is probably the best safety no one has heard of. D'Qwell Jackson is pretty good. I think the Steelers have a SLIGHT edge over the Brown's WR's. Mostly because Joe J.'s knees are screwed up. The Steelers have better Running Backs. I was not aware that that was even an argument.

TEEMONT
07-03-2008, 06:22 PM

Funny, b/c I just turned toilet paper your colors (yeah some of my poop was orange....so what?)

Captcoolhand
07-03-2008, 06:28 PM
Funny, b/c I just turned toilet paper your colors (yeah some of my poop was orange....so what?)
And you're going to help fight for our country....:duh:

TEEMONT
07-03-2008, 06:31 PM
And you're going to help fight for our country....:duh:

lol....does that make you feel less safe?

Captcoolhand
07-03-2008, 06:38 PM
lol....does that make you feel less safe?
Nope because i know what they are in for....:D

dawgs
07-03-2008, 08:27 PM
I said I was done here until the season, but im not gonig to my buddys party until 11:00 and im bored so..

WRs, browns by far. ward is getting up there, and yes he still jack players form behind better then anyone, but he is getting old and won't do much more then 750-800 yards, which is still ok. holmes i love because ohio state baby, but he is not a #1 guy for sure. Can make some huge plays, but will vinish alot.

While the browns got Ewards who is a beast, stallworth will get alot more balls thrown his way here then He did with the pats, and has showed he can be a go to guy with both saints and eagles. joe is joe, banged up alot but still got some of the best hands in this game. don't forget about cribbs, sure he is the best returner in the NFL, but he can catch to, prob can even count winslow as a WR. with this TE the browns drafted named martin who is another winslow type guy (size and hands) winslow will be used as a WR even more, sry def.

RB's- gotta give it to the browns to. lewis proved to everyone he still gots it, and harrison, wright played get, check out there #s yards per carry also. while you can't really count the steelers draft pick because he needs to prove himself first, moore was good, but he also played behind a much better O-line, and willie is wilie, he had problems getting in the endzone, and if u take-out the game he had against the browns he was not that good.

[AutoMerged Post Below]
another thing. I don't get why steeler fans talks about the browns and poop. Do u guys have a scat fetish or something?. You don't call poop a brown. like hey guys Ill be right back, I have to take a brown. do you?? that would be screwed up. Plus its alot better then having black like every other freakin team. and yellow?? won thats gay, ooo no its gold. NOPE THATS CALLED YELLOW.

K Train
07-03-2008, 08:28 PM
I said I was done here until the season, but im not gonig to my buddys party until 11:00 and im bored so..

WRs, browns by far. ward is getting up there, and yes he still jack players form behind better then anyone, but he is getting old and won't do much more then 750-800 yards, which is still ok. holmes i love because ohio state baby, but he is not a #1 guy for sure. Can make some huge plays, but will vinish alot.

While the browns got Ewards who is a beast, stallworth will get alot more balls thrown his way here then He did with the pats, and has showed he can be a go to guy with both saints and eagles. joe is joe, banged up alot but still got some of the best hands in this game. don't forget about cribbs, sure he is the best returner in the NFL, but he can catch to, prob can even count winslow as a WR. with this TE the browns drafted named martin who is another winslow type guy (size and hands) winslow will be used as a WR even more, sry def.

RB's- gotta give it to the browns to. lewis proved to everyone he still gots it, and harrison, wright played get, check out there #s yards per carry also. while you can't really count the steelers draft pick because he needs to prove himself first, moore was good, but he also played behind a much better O-line, and willie is wilie, he had problems getting in the endzone, and if u take-out the game he had against the browns he was not that good.

holmes is nasty and to say he cant be a #1 for sure is retarded because he absolutelt can and will. ward wont do **** as far as yardage but he'll score 9 or 10 TDs which isnt bad playing in the slot. Im taking Nate or sweed over stallworth is made of glass and has terrible hands.

dont give me the not proven ****, hes a baller. Mendy is goonna tear that sorry D to pieces, if willie can do it twice a year i assure you mendy will have no problem at all.

K Train
07-03-2008, 08:30 PM
like hey guys Ill be right back, I have to take a brown. do you??

thats what everyone should say

BlitzburghRockCity
07-03-2008, 08:31 PM

Wow the crack pipe is working overtime today. :reddevil: How in the world can you give the WR edge the Browns. Hines and Santonio are flat out top notch and I'll still take Hines over 95% of the WR's in the game today. Add Limas Sweed to that group and an up and coming Nate and we have 4 legit threats. Let's not forget the TE's, they are weapons too. Heath MIller and Matt Spaeth; yeah I'll take them over Mr. Macho Attitude I get hurt and whine about my contract" Winslow.
Stallworth is not all he's cracked up to be dude, there's a reason the Eagles didn't give him what he wanted and the same with the Pats. He's good but certainly not great by any means.

After Jailbird Lewis who do you have again in your backfield? and was he leading the NFL in rushing like FWP was before he broke his leg? If anything the Steelers and Clowns are equal in terms of RB's but certainly no edge given to you guys.

K Train
07-03-2008, 08:41 PM
ward isnt better than 95% of the guys out there, but hes certainly better than joe or stallworth combined

steelcityrockers
07-03-2008, 08:43 PM
Uhh, Wright will NEVER be anything more than a career back-up. Harrison has, and I hate this word, potential but he pretty much refuses to get involved in the pass game, thus isn't in on 3rd downs and does not get a lot of action. He thinks way too much of himself. Honestly, he is nothing more than a change-up guy. Ours are better. Trust me here, bud.

BlitzburghRockCity
07-03-2008, 08:45 PM
Ward to me is still a top 10 WR in this league and considering how many there on each team; ok I'll say 90%. A reliable Hines Ward is worth more to me than Chad Johnson, Braylon Edwards or anyone on that level of play. The only thing those guys have on Hines is that they are younger. There's only a handful of guys that I would take over Ward right now in the NFL, and a small handful at that. That doesn't mean I'd give Hines another 5 yr deal or anything but if we're talking this year, 2008, yeah I'd take Ward for the simple fact that he's tough, reliable, and isn't afraid to lay it on the line.

dawgs
07-03-2008, 08:51 PM
just like benson was going to tear it up for bears right?? im sure this guy will be good, but needs to prove it first, just like all rookies.

The NFL is getting bigger, and smaller WRs are having alot more problems out there. holmes is not a #1 guy.

why did you call stallworth glass?? he missed only 4 games the last 4 years.

I think the saying should be more like this '' ahhh look out get off the shitter I need to drop a squealler''

what sounds better: drop a squealler or drop a brown?

by the way K-train, why do u have a video pic of me banging your girl?? Yes i went there.

BlitzburghRockCity
07-03-2008, 08:55 PM
Why isn't Holmes a #1 guy, he certainly plays like it. We are just beginning to tap the potential of this kid. He's already learned from the best in Hines Ward and now he's really coming into his own. Those 2 make a tandem that's as good as any WR duo in the league right now.

As far as Mendenhall, yeah he's an unproven as all rookies are. Nobody is saying he's going to be a pro bowler in his first year but considering how good he was in college, his size and athletic ability, I'd say his chances of succeeding are pretty good.

dawgs
07-03-2008, 08:59 PM
Uhh, Wright will NEVER be anything more than a career back-up. Harrison has, and I hate this word, potential but he pretty much refuses to get involved in the pass game, thus isn't in on 3rd downs and does not get a lot of action. He thinks way too much of himself. Honestly, he is nothing more than a change-up guy. Ours are better. Trust me here, bud.

who are you talking about?? harrison RB for the browns?? 1st off how does he think to much of himself?? he is are 3rd string back. also wright and lewis are the ones who catches the ball. how the hell can anyone refuse something?? that would be called fired if you do. or crannel would sit on him.So u trust me bud. and don't go makin stuff up about people when thats not even there job.

ward is not a top 10 WR anymore, thats just stupid.

steelcityrockers
07-03-2008, 09:04 PM
He called himself the best Running Back of te 2005 Draft Class. Crennel does sit him. That is why he isn't the top backup. Wright comes in on Third Downs, I believe. And TG, I would easily take Braylon Edwards over Ward. No offense to Ward, but Edwards is a beast.

[AutoMerged Post Below]

by the way K-train, why do u have a video pic of me banging your girl?? Yes i went there.

Ohhhh Snap Son. He fuc*ing got you. K. He Fuc*ing got you. *sarcasm.

dawgs
07-03-2008, 09:08 PM
Why isn't Holmes a #1 guy, he certainly plays like it. We are just beginning to tap the potential of this kid. He's already learned from the best in Hines Ward and now he's really coming into his own. Those 2 make a tandem that's as good as any WR duo in the league right now.

As far as Mendenhall, yeah he's an unproven as all rookies are. Nobody is saying he's going to be a pro bowler in his first year but considering how good he was in college, his size and athletic ability, I'd say his chances of succeeding are pretty good.

I wish holmes the best man, its not his fault the steelers drafted him, but I have a hard time seeing him as a #1 guy. right now ward still gets a double team, holmes can burn most corner's down field, but like I said, corners are getting bigger stronger and faster, and holmes doing well as a #1 will be hard.

Ewards, stallworth > ward, holmes

If you were a gm for a team. and steelers offered you ward and holmes for Ewards by himself what would u say?? hell no, case closed.

anyways if there any chance in just talkin football with you guys ill try.

has pacman opps adam jones been granted the right to play this season? I know he can practice.

BlitzburghRockCity
07-03-2008, 09:13 PM
I wish holmes the best man, its not his fault the steelers drafted him, but I have a hard time seeing him as a #1 guy. right now ward still gets a double team, holmes can burn most corner's down field, but like I said, corners are getting bigger stronger and faster, and holmes doing well as a #1 will be hard.

Ewards, stallworth > ward, holmes

If you were a gm for a team. and steelers offered you ward and holmes for Ewards by himself what would u say?? hell no, case closed.

anyways if there any chance in just talkin football with you guys ill try.

has pacman opps adam jones been granted the right to play this season? I know he can practice.

We're all about talking football here dude, that's what we enjoy. You can't fault us though for getting alittle edgy just to spice things up. LOL.

Pacman just needs to give it up, the guy has killed any opportunity to make a career out of football IMO. It's such waste of talent. :evilshake:

ya'll play nice now :reddevil:

steelcityrockers
07-03-2008, 09:15 PM
Steve Smith is a small guy. He is terrible as a primary option, isn't he? I would not trade Ward and Holmes for Edwards. I would trade Ward for Edwards. And I would trade Holmes for Edwards, but I would not trade both of them. I would even trade Ward, a 1st, and a 3rd for him. But I would keep Holmes. The guy will be the ****. Won't be a HOFer, but he should have a ery solid career. He is still a little raw, but is coming along quite nicely. He is having an excellent career so far, in fact in Edwards first two seasons, he had 93 catches, 1396 yrads and 9 touchdowns. Holmes in his first two seasons has had 101 catches, 1766 yards and 10 Touchdowns. Both have missed time with injury. Oh and Holmes also has a Punt-Return TD.

dawgs
07-03-2008, 09:16 PM
He called himself the best Running Back of te 2005 Draft Class. Crennel does sit him. That is why he isn't the top backup. Wright comes in on Third Downs, I believe. And TG, I would easily take Braylon Edwards over Ward. No offense to Ward, but Edwards is a beast.

[AutoMerged Post Below]

Ohhhh Snap Son. He fuc*ing got you. K. He Fuc*ing got you. *sarcasm.

when did he say that, because I have not heard of it. and if it was before this year i could careless. then again, he could have been joking. I do know he had a great college career, where he set just about ever record for his school and conference.

You can never go wrong with a I banged your girl joke.

steelcityrockers
07-03-2008, 09:19 PM
You can. Especially if you say "Yes I went there" after it.

Harrison said that during his rooie year, and he was not joking. You did see my post on the previous page, right? About Holmes/Edwards?

dawgs
07-03-2008, 09:26 PM
Steve Smith is a small guy. He is terrible as a primary option, isn't he? I would not trade Ward and Holmes for Edwards. I would trade Ward for Edwards. And I would trade Holmes for Edwards, but I would not trade both of them. I would even trade Ward, a 1st, and a 3rd for him. But I would keep Holmes. The guy will be the shiat. Won't be a HOFer, but he should have a ery solid career. He is still a little raw, but is coming along quite nicely. He is having an excellent career so far, in fact in Edwards first two seasons, he had 93 catches, 1396 yrads and 9 touchdowns. Holmes in his first two seasons has had 101 catches, 1766 yards and 10 Touchdowns. Both have missed time with injury. Oh and Holmes also has a Punt-Return TD.

smith?? where did that guy go, is he still playin??

Ewards also had charlie frye throwing to him. ok I won that lol.

pacman is a very good player, but the guy been arrested 6 times in 3 years. how is he still in the NFL?? thats what i don't get. How many hookers does he need to beat for the NFL to get it.

steelcityrockers
07-03-2008, 09:30 PM
And the Steelers haven't had an OLine to block for the QB so he could have time to throw. Granted, neither did the Browns at that point. Anyway, you cannot deny production. Smith is still playing for the Panthers. He had 87 catches for a little over 1,000 yards and 7 TD's with Matt Moore, Vinny Testaverde, and David Carr Throwing to him. That may disprove your Charlie Frye argument actually...

dawgs
07-03-2008, 09:46 PM
You can. Especially if you say "Yes I went there" after it.

Harrison said that during his rooie year, and he was not joking. You did see my post on the previous page, right? About Holmes/Edwards?

Im not going to judge a guy on want he said a few years ago. just like i don't judge winslow for what he said in school.

[AutoMerged Post Below]

And the Steelers haven't had an OLine to block for the QB so he could have time to throw. Granted, neither did the Browns at that point. Anyway, you cannot deny production. Smith is still playing for the Panthers. He had 87 catches for a little over 1,000 yards and 7 TD's with Matt Moore, Vinny Testaverde, and David Carr Throwing to him. That may disprove your Charlie Frye argument actually...

steelers O-line has not been that bad. hell of alot better then the browns.

i nerver said no small WRs can play, I said with the size of the corners these days, its alot harder.

carr, test and moore are all hall of famers compared to frye.

TEEMONT
07-03-2008, 10:05 PM
steelers O-line has not been that bad. hell of alot better then the browns.

i nerver said no small WRs can play, I said with the size of the corners these days, its alot harder.

carr, test and moore are all hall of famers compared to frye.

Im confused...earlier u said the browns o line was better than the steelers....now its the steelers is better than the browns?

and we all no there is no party tonight....and having your best bud over to play halo all night doesnt count as a party...unless he bones your mom...then its party for him...

steelcityrockers
07-03-2008, 10:49 PM
They don't play HALO, silly. It is all about World of Warcraft. He is a level 55 wizard and his bff is a level 64 Warlock. WoW is their life. They spend their days in his mom's basement playing that game. It is usually accompanied by wearing a foil hat and an intense Dungeons and Dragons sessions.

I would take Frye in a heartbeat over Carr, for the record.

TEEMONT
07-03-2008, 11:10 PM
I would take Frye in a heartbeat over Carr, for the record.

I wouldnt...Carr is a tough ****er who never got a fair shake...I mean really....the ****in Texans? If Frye got hit as much as Carr, I doubt he would be a starter much longer....I still think Carr has what it takes IMO.

steelcityrockers
07-03-2008, 11:20 PM
Carr looked simply scared last year. He would throw too early and mis-read and take unnecessary sacks. The Texans killed his career.

dawgs
07-03-2008, 11:53 PM
Im confused...earlier u said the browns o line was better than the steelers....now its the steelers is better than the browns?

and we all no there is no party tonight....and having your best bud over to play halo all night doesnt count as a party...unless he bones your mom...then its party for him...

talkin about when Ewards and holmes rookie seasons ntil now. at the time browns O-line was horrible and steelers was still pretty good. now the browns o-line is ranked #1 by many, but top 5 by everyone. while steelers o-line is not horrible, but not as good.

you can have my mom, if your into the old chicks then thats all you man. You also might get the clap, just saying.

TEEMONT
07-03-2008, 11:59 PM
talkin about when Ewards and holmes rookie seasons ntil now. at the time browns O-line was horrible and steelers was still pretty good. now the browns o-line is ranked #1 by many, but top 5 by everyone. while steelers o-line is not horrible, but not as good.

you can have my mom, if your into the old chicks then thats all you man. You also might get the clap, just saying.

first you sit here and say Mendenhall isn't **** without playing a down....well im going to say....your o line aint **** until it plays this year....b/c you know damn well our D is going to own you again...

BlitzburghRockCity
07-04-2008, 02:42 AM
I wouldnt...Carr is a tough ****er who never got a fair shake...I mean really....the ****in Texans? If Frye got hit as much as Carr, I doubt he would be a starter much longer....I still think Carr has what it takes IMO.

I agree with ya on that one, Carr is as tough as it comes but the Carr has played for the Texans and Panthers; 2 teams that have nobody special on the OL to say the least. If you put Carr behind an OL like the Cowboys, Pats, or Green Bay he'd probably be doing pretty darn well.

Black@Gold Forever32
07-04-2008, 02:59 AM

The Browns are the only competition for the Steelers in the AFC North this year....They're improving and don't blame them for selling their future to make a run now...Your window can close fast in the NFL....But I don't think Rogers and Williams are good fits for the 3-4...Rogers is vastly over-rated and hasn't been the most motivated player at times...He also has that nice huge contract from the Browns.....Both can rush the passer though...But are not the ideal run stopping DL you need for a 3-4.....I also see a potential QB controversy brewing for the Browns...Especially if Anderson struggles...Sometimes that can divide a team....The Browns secondary sucks...lol

Pretty simple answer to this question....Rashard Mendenhall was drafted with a first round pick and Mewelde Moore was brought through free agency.....The Steelers are also high on Gary Russell....An undrafted RB that made the team last year.....Davenport wasn't really needed anymore...Plus when given the chance as the starter last year after Parker went down....Davenport didn't really help himself especially in the play-off loss to the Jags....

dawgs
07-04-2008, 01:56 PM
first you sit here and say Mendenhall isn't shiat without playing a down....well im going to say....your o line aint shiat until it plays this year....b/c you know damn well our D is going to own you again...

But the browns O-line already played together last season. and was ranked I believe 3rd. so ummm ya. All the same guys coming back, plus had a few guys who started for other teams to be are backups. mendenhall did not play in the NFL last season did he?? I could be wrong but don't think so.

TEEMONT
07-04-2008, 02:02 PM
But the browns O-line already played together last season. and was ranked I believe 3rd. so ummm ya. All the same guys comnig back, plus had a few guys who started for other temas to be are backups. mendenhall did not play in hte NFL last season did he?? I could be wrong but don't think so.

I'll give the standard cleveland answer...last year doesn't mean anything.

I thought you were done with us until the season started? guess that "party" was pretty lame last night.

dawgs
07-04-2008, 03:53 PM
I'll give the standard cleveland answer...last year doesn't mean anything.

I thought you were done with us until the season started? guess that "party" was pretty lame last night.

I did not leave for the party until 11:00pm like i said. got back around 2-3 because i needed some sleep for today.

Last year does not mean anything unless your cheating. Like if the NFL commish goes '' ok the giants won the superbowl last season, lets have them win it again this season.'' Thats the only way last season effects this season. But the browns O-line has alot of proven guys. thomas, steinbach, fraley, tucker, shaffer. So expect the same. Steelers def is nothing special anymore. The only game your def did anything was against charlie frye, but when anderson replaced him he played very good.:plus1:

BlitzburghRockCity
07-04-2008, 04:40 PM
So the defense that manhandled you last year and the year before and the year before....and being crippled in the process because of not having a healthy Arron Smith or Troy Polamalu or Ryan Clark or a quality OLB opposite Silverback is nothing special? uummmm, ok.....

steelcityrockers
07-04-2008, 04:40 PM
The Steelers D also shut out Seattle, and kept the Bengals in check. Oh and they were ranked #1 in the League. They also had a number of other moments that I don't feel lie re-hashing.

TEEMONT
07-05-2008, 03:41 AM
this guy is a bigger homer than some of the old steeler heads around here....

dawgs
07-05-2008, 11:50 AM
this guy is a bigger homer than some of the old steeler heads around here....

NO!! you guys are the bigger homers, My god I tried to change the subject like 4 times and you guys can't get off your teams damn jock. Guess it is true that steelers fans don't know shiat, unless its dealing with there own team. and thats even a queation. Well thats why I came here, to get your thoughts of other topics around the NFL, but you guys are to full of yourselfs. So **** you all. Your team is nothin anymore, your not the power house you guys once was, so get over it. There are so many teams that are alot better then the steelers, So get your head of your asses, and watch some FOOTBALL!!!!

Im done, this is stupid, Ill come back and rub it in after week 2.

steelcityrockers
07-05-2008, 11:58 AM
I would just like to say, I know more about the Browns then this guy.

The Steelers are still a Power-House until proven otherwise.

There are approximately 4 teams better than the Steelers in my opinion.

A lot of people here know some about the NFL. More than you.

People here can also spell.

Captcoolhand
07-05-2008, 12:09 PM
:scratch: last time I checked I do believe the site was called SteelerAddicts.com not NFL SportsLine.

If guys choose to uplift the Steelers more than any other team that should be their prerogative.

Who are you to come to a Steelers Site and trash people for rooting for their own team? Apparently, the Clowns Forums don't have much to talk about that you even come here. :dunno:
I know that if 1 Member from here even went to a Browns Forum and talk shiat there like you have here, would be Banned in a Heart beat. :yesnod:
Just goes to show how feeble minded Browns fans are when they can't even take criticism from other fans.

TEEMONT
07-05-2008, 12:49 PM
NO!! you guys are the bigger homers, My god I tried to change the subject like 4 times and you guys can't get off your teams damn jock. Guess it is true that steelers fans don't know shiat, unless its dealing with there own team. and thats even a queation. Well thats why I came here, to get your thoughts of other topics around the NFL, but you guys are to full of yourselfs. So **** you all. Your team is nothin anymore, your not the power house you guys once was, so get over it. There are so many teams that are alot better then the steelers, So get your head of your asses, and watch some FOOTBALL!!!!

Im done, this is stupid, Ill come back and rub it in after week 2.

The thread is a Steelers vs Browns thread...so what would you change the subject to?

this thread isnt an "around the NFL thread" if you want one, make one. I plan on watching plenty of football, especially in week 2, and I hope I can hear your heart break when your "badass" team shows how inadequate it is once again.

"paper champions" - lee flowers

BlitzburghRockCity
07-05-2008, 12:55 PM
:iagree:

that's pretty much the size of it right there. Around here we like to keep topics on track and in the correct area. If you want to talk some real smack just let me know and I'll give you access to the Line of Scrimmage ( smack talk ) or if you want to talk NFL in general then post up in the NFL section. Trust me dude, we're more than willing to talk NFL 24/7 with you, especially now in the offseason when we're all alittle edgy waiting for camp to start so by all means post up, just do it in the proper sections :redcool:

SteelerSteve
07-05-2008, 02:47 PM
Okay, here is my opinion

Steelers vs. Browns

QB: Okay, to start this off, Ben Roethlisberger is lightyears ahead of Anderson and Quinn put together, and starting Quinn definitley would be a mistake, dudes got a noodle arm lol. I would probably take batch over either though lol.

RB: Willie, though he has his flaws is clearly better than an aging lewis and the addition of RM(who will probably be our starter before too long) will definitley add to our running game.

WR: The potential of our recieving corps this season is definitley something to be excited about, Ward is still a reliable, tough as hell option, and holmes is an up and coming star( btw I dont really agree that he is too small, he's like 5'11" 190 right? or somewhere in that range, he's no TO or Moss, but he's definitley not a tiny guy. Besides size can definitley be overrated in the NFL, just cause your big doesn't automatically make your tougher or more talented.)

TE: I'm definitley not jealous of the Browns TE's, Miller is one of the best in the league, and Spaeth has proven to be a pretty good red zone target as well. I'm not saying that our TE's are better than the browns, but I definitley dont feel like they have much of an edge there.

O-line: theres is better until proven otherwise

D-line: Casey and Aaron Smith pretty much settle any argument there imo

LB's: Farrior and Harrison are both elite lb's imo and with young guys like Woodley and Timmons I think our linebackers will once again be some of the best in the league.

Secondary: We definitley have some question marks, but the browns secondary is just a joke so its not really hard to be better than that.

So to put it the easy way, the steelers have dominated the browns for a good long while now, we swept them last season and are clearly the better team still. Anybody saying that the Browns are better than the Steelers is just basing their opinion purely on hope and wishful thinking.

[AutoMerged Post Below]

Im done, this is stupid, Ill come back and rub it in after week 2.Damn, what a bitch! :lol:

Black@Gold Forever32
07-05-2008, 02:51 PM
The Browns only have a clear edge on the Steelers in two areas in my opinion....That is OL and special teams....I think the WR core is equal......But I would take the Steelers depth......Donte Stallworth is so over-rated but it does give the Browns a speed guy on the out side so JJ can go back to being a 3rd WR......which he is better suited for.....

I also tried to give legit answers to that Cleveland jack bag but he just ignored my post....That just shows he is a jack bag...lol

steelcityrockers
07-05-2008, 03:25 PM
Not to mention a jack bag who can't spell. I am not sure why that really irritates me.

And in my opinion, the Cleveland Linebackers are pretty underrated.

Captcoolhand
07-05-2008, 03:31 PM
Not to mention a jack bag who can't spell. I am not sure why that really irritates me.

And in my opinion, the Cleveland Linebackers are pretty underrated.Wembley is the only LB they have that I like. Who else do you think is underrated?

steelcityrockers
07-05-2008, 04:33 PM
D'Qwell Jackson. Definitely. Outside of Cleveland, no one has heard of him, but he is young and improving steadily. Antwan Peek if he could ever stay healthy. Leon Williams, and Beau Bell as well.

Black@Gold Forever32
07-05-2008, 05:00 PM
D'Qwell Jackson. Definitely. Outside of Cleveland, no one has heard of him, but he is young and improving steadily. Antwan Peek if he could ever stay healthy. Leon Williams, and Beau Bell as well.

Jackson is a good young player....Peek is a good pass rusher.....Bell was a nice pick....I still would take the Steelers LBs over the Browns LBs......Especially if Timmons takes the next step this year....

steelcityrockers
07-05-2008, 05:32 PM
Yeah, so would I. But people keep saying that all the Browns have is Wimbley.

Captcoolhand
07-05-2008, 07:31 PM
Especially if Timmons takes the next step this year....
You can say that again.... IMO, Timmons has yet to prove himself as a first rounder.

K Train
07-06-2008, 06:09 PM
timmons will dominate this year....calling it

steelcityrockers
07-06-2008, 07:14 PM
Timmons will have a better year than last year, but will not start until next year. Calling it.

SteelerSteve
07-06-2008, 07:52 PM
By the end of the week Steel58 will have 4-5 posts saying the same thing in the this thread. Calling it.

steelcityrockers
07-06-2008, 08:39 PM
What happened to Steel? I haven't seen him in a while. I am getting worried. Matt Jones may have shot him for stalking...

SteelerSteve
07-06-2008, 08:42 PM
What happened to Steel? I haven't seen him in a while. I am getting worried. Matt Jones may have shot him for stalking...I'll bet he killed matt jones and is wearing his skin and living his fantasy right now.

steelcityrockers
07-06-2008, 08:44 PM
Only one problem with that, you can't kill Matt Jones.

I miss Steel58...

SteelerSteve
07-06-2008, 08:47 PM
Only one problem with that, you can't kill Matt Jones.

I miss Steel58...
Oh yeah, but for real though, I miss the little guy too. I'm not really sure why I miss him, but there has been a certain "emptiness" on this site now that he hasn't been posting.

ejsteeler
07-07-2008, 04:45 PM
:popcorn2:

steelerschick1220
07-07-2008, 09:04 PM
Well, at least that dude has kept his promise and hasn't shown his face again. He should learn how to convey his thoughts in a rational, civilized manner. It would make his posts a lot easier to read. Instead, I just sit here and roll my eyes at another Browns fan who has dreams of greatness and will no doubt see them come tumbling down.

Thomas146
12-01-2008, 05:42 AM
The Cleveland Browns (http://www.ticketsreview.com/football/cleveland_browns_tickets/) , as a professional team of NFL, is one of the major teams that have fans all around the world. Itís quite normal if Cleveland Browns (http://www.Brownsportal.com/) are so pricy because such worth any price. It doesnít matter if we pay a respected amount of money for Browns tickets because we satisfy our eagerness to watch good games and more than that, when we get Cleveland Browns ticket (http://www.tickethold.com/sports/cleveland-browns-tickets/index.php), Itís because we love this team. Thus, Cleveland Browns tickets (http://www.oasistickets.com/sports/cleveland-browns-tickets/index.php) prices will never be a problem for a real fan of the team.

DIESELMAN
12-01-2008, 06:48 AM
The Cleveland Browns (http://www.ticketsreview.com/football/cleveland_browns_tickets/) , as a professional team of NFL, is one of the major teams that have fans all around the world. Itís quite normal if Cleveland Browns (http://www.Brownsportal.com/) are so pricy because such worth any price. It doesnít matter if we pay a respected amount of money for Browns tickets because we satisfy our eagerness to watch good games and more than that, when we get Cleveland Browns ticket (http://www.tickethold.com/sports/cleveland-browns-tickets/index.php), Itís because we love this team. Thus, Cleveland Browns tickets (http://www.oasistickets.com/sports/cleveland-browns-tickets/index.php) prices will never be a problem for a real fan of the team.
What does buying Browns tickets have to do with watching a good game? LMFAO!!!!!!

steelersgal86
12-01-2008, 07:11 AM
What does buying Browns tickets have to do with watching a good game? LMFAO!!!!!!

It is the only thing they can find worth talking about :rofl:

SteelerSteve
05-03-2009, 03:10 AM
I can see the Steelers dominating the browns for at least another 7-10 seasons. The new browns are still an expansion team in my eyes, our biggest rivalry is still the baltimore browns as far as Im concerned

BFISHIN80
05-04-2009, 12:12 AM
BROWNS SUCK

DanRooney
05-04-2009, 04:46 AM
Sean Jones is probably the best safety no one has heard of. D'Qwell Jackson is pretty good. I think the Steelers have a SLIGHT edge over the Brown's WR's. Mostly because Joe J.'s knees are screwed up. The Steelers have better Running Backs. I was not aware that that was even an argument.

what the hell are you talking about?

--- Added 5/4/2009 at 02:38 AM ---

Wide recievers and running backs? you just lost all credibility there. Im taking ike and bmac over mcdonald and wright any day. safety? troy is a bum and hes still better than any brown safety. Wimbley is a master of the position but your other 3 guys are at bum status while we have ballers at all 4 spots at LB. And your dline might have more depth, but smith and casey alone are better than any combo of 3 your could put together.

how could a fan of such a failure of a team that still remains so unproven and hasnt beat the steelers in years be so over confident...you are in for yet another big disappointment and a top 15 pick

Troy is a bum...

What the hell are YOU talking about?

--- Added 5/4/2009 at 02:46 AM ---

browns steelers
o-line > o-line
TE'S > TE'S
WR'S > WR'S
QB < QB
S > S
DL > DL

Please never post here again. I didn't know whether to laugh or to feel sad for you. Our LB's=your LB's? For real bro? Steelers LB's are easily the best in the league and the Browns have close to the worst. We have the best defensive 3-4 DL in the league. Including 4-3, we're probably 3rd best behind the Titans and Giants DLs. Browns are in the middle of the pack even with Fat Rogers...Safety is not even a comparison so I'm not going to waste my time arguing why Troy Polamalu and Ryan Clark is better than the two ghosts you have back there. I'm actually not going to even explain why our offensive guys are better either, because you saw how good your offense produced this year :lol:

TampaSteelGirl
05-04-2009, 02:22 PM
Well I'm confused because we haven't played a nasty rival game against the Browns in a few years....it's been a good ole hog slopping fest..Ravens are our nasiest rivals now...Browns aren't good enough!! :OA02:

$teelersRule
05-04-2009, 06:24 PM
what the hell are you talking about?

--- Added 5/4/2009 at 02:38 AM ---

Troy is a bum...

What the hell are YOU talking about?

--- Added 5/4/2009 at 02:46 AM ---

Please never post here again. I didn't know whether to laugh or to feel sad for you. Our LB's=your LB's? For real bro? Steelers LB's are easily the best in the league and the Browns have close to the worst. We have the best defensive 3-4 DL in the league. Including 4-3, we're probably 3rd best behind the Titans and Giants DLs. Browns are in the middle of the pack even with Fat Rogers...Safety is not even a comparison so I'm not going to waste my time arguing why Troy Polamalu and Ryan Clark is better than the two ghosts you have back there. I'm actually not going to even explain why our offensive guys are better either, because you saw how good your offense produced this year :lol:

i think your confused, this was last year before the season started. Everyone was picking the browns to win the division because they won ten games even though they didnt beat any real teams two years ago. i kept saying the browns wouldnt win six games... how many games did they end up winning? :lol:

GoBenGo
05-07-2009, 07:13 PM
i put the browns in the bowl this morning....

RIVERS OF STEEL
05-08-2009, 11:23 PM
even though this thread is older than dirt. one (steeler's fans) should not forget the blessing art modess gave us. two worthless teams take your choice of rivalries. i hate both of these teams worse than i ever hated one of them before the big move. cleveland u r the practice team for the steelers, baltimore u really suck, and cincinattie u don't even count.

dawgs
05-10-2009, 11:45 PM

I'm back people. back on the computer anyways... But i'm bored and looking threw some of these posts.

I agree with everything i said on there other then the safety's and LB's. Wimbley is a 1 trick pony right now, So I hope the new coaches teach him some moves. But ya they sucked horrible.

1. The browns OL is better, The browns TE's are better.

2. When i said browns WR's are better, I was banking on Ewards not dropping everything and costing us 4 games. Including the game vs steelers.

3. RB's, lewis was ok but clearly running on E right now. Still played ok.

4. I said steelers QB was better, although ben did not play very well.

5. browns CB's are better. But no corners in this leauge can cover WR's for 6-7 sec.

6. S- troy made a nice comeback from his injuries. both jones and pool had injuries to deal with, So Steelers played better,

7. steelers DL is not that good. Your LB's are just freaks. shaun rogers alone makes ares better.

$teelersRule
05-11-2009, 08:44 AM
I'm back people. back on the computer anyways... But i'm bored and looking threw some of these posts.

I agree with everything i said on there other then the safety's and LB's. Wimbley is a 1 trick pony right now, So I hope the new coaches teach him some moves. But ya they sucked horrible.

2. When i said browns WR's are better, I was banking on Ewards not dropping everything and costing us 4 games. Including the game vs steelers.

5. browns CB's are better. But no corners in this leauge can cover WR's for 6-7 sec.

6. S- troy made a nice comeback from his injuries. both jones and pool had injuries to deal with, So Steelers played better,

7. steelers DL is not that good. Your LB's are just freaks. shaun rogers alone makes ares better.

:bwah:
i think your delusional... if you didn't see we just won the superbowl. oh but your right the browns are a lot better all over the place except linebackers :whatever:. you make it sound like the browns are an NFL team. our practice squad could beat you. the steelers have beat the browns what 11 times in a row, i hate to break it to you but when we play its like a scrimmage because we always know its a win no matter what. the Browns are incapable of beating the steelers... here we go

1. the browns may have a better OL but how could you say you have better TEs than the steelers we have the most complete tight ends in the league in heath miller i dont even know who your TE is this year... you guys just traded away kellen who was your only weapon though he still didnt know how to block.

2. you answered this one right huray! i dont cound receivers who dont know how to catch the football because that means they dont know how to do your job (edwards) so you have starworth (going to be in jail) and just cut joe "mersa virus" Juriviseous

3. how old is Lewis these days.... 90?

4. yeah ben didnt play well, winning 12 games and orchestrating the best superbowl drive in history is not that good. i would rather have derek anderson... wait brady quin... wait who is your starter?

5. yeah the browns have better corners, who had the number one pass D this season?

6. second right answer 2 for six isnt that bad!

7. but then you end on a bad note saying you have one player that makes your whole line better than ours... one player who has said he would take a paycut just to get out of Cleavland (yeah he is a great guy to have around) then one guy from greenbay who is a 4-3 end out of position and someone i dont know vs. our probowl caliber players.

i rest my case

dawgs
05-11-2009, 10:52 AM
i think your delusional... if you didn't see we just won the superbowl. oh but your right the browns are a lot better all over the place except linebackers :whatever:. you make it sound like the browns are an NFL team. our practice squad could beat you. the steelers have beat the browns what 11 times in a row, i hate to break it to you but when we play its like a scrimmage because we always know its a win no matter what. the Browns are incapable of beating the steelers... here we go

lol, we should have beat you guys in game 1. All Ewards had to do was catch the ball and fall backwards. So that kills half of your arguement. well the steelers offense was not very good, Lets not lie here, Your LB's were the main reason you guys won it all. Ben was also very clutch. But your not that talented in other places.

1. the browns may have a better OL but how could you say you have better TEs than the steelers we have the most complete tight ends in the league in heath miller i dont even know who your TE is this year... you guys just traded away kellen who was your only weapon though he still didnt know how to block.

steve heidan. The best blocking TE in the NFL, also has very good hands. Does not have very good speed, But this guy can play. Royal is another great blocking TE who can catch. Then martin is the young guy who is pretty much a winslow clone in training. He's just alittle raw, but has the hands and speed to be very good. Was chase daniels #1 target 2 years ago.

2. you answered this one right huray! i dont cound receivers who dont know how to catch the football because that means they dont know how to do your job (edwards) so you have starworth (going to be in jail) and just cut joe "mersa virus" Juriviseous

stallworth is a bum, i defended him for a ling time, and the guy hurts himself in preseason warm ups lol. But I do see Ewards bouncing back strong, its a contract year for him. I also love drafting robiske*. Alot of people think he is a taller faster hines ward. He has great hands and runs perfect routes. massaquoiis another big guy with solid hands. He can block very well also. patten and furrey are good vet signings to.

:3. how old is Lewis these days.... 90?

29. But he has 9 years under him. Browns will address RB next year. I think he will have over 1000 yards again.

4. yeah ben didnt play well, winning 12 games and orchestrating the best superbowl drive in history is not that good. i would rather have derek anderson... wait brady quin... wait who is your starter?

you need to learn to read. I said ben was better then the browns QB's. But ben did not play well. Sure he was clutch at times, But I mean overall. thats not argueable.

5. yeah the browns have better corners, who had the number one pass D this season?

your LB's? when they get that much pass rush on a QB, the QB will make bad throws. thats common sence. Trust me, your corners scare nobody. If the browns had ty law and sanders in there prime, they would suck. Because we can't get a pass rush. If you give a QB 5-7 sec to throw, He will complete the pass 90% of the time no matter who the corners are.

:7. but then you end on a bad note saying you have one player that makes your whole line better than ours... one player who has said he would take a paycut just to get out of Cleavland (yeah he is a great guy to have around) then one guy from greenbay who is a 4-3 end out of position and someone i dont know vs. our probowl caliber players.

Wow please learn your info. Rogers saw haynesworth contract and wanted more money. Thats why he asked for a release and not a trade. 99.9999 percent of players would ask for a trade if they hated the city or the coaches. Like jay cutler did. BUT NO. rogers wanted a new contract so he wanted released. But he is cool now and he wants to remain a brown.

Hampton, im not even sure he played? then there's ummm. harrison, woodly, no there's LB's. rogers is a beast, williams was learning a new system and fighting injuries, So I need to see another year from him. shaun smith is a very good tackler but he never heard of pass rush. I don't think either teams DL is very good.

case closed.

JensK
05-11-2009, 11:17 AM
lol at your d-line being better than ours. There is a reason we are in top 3 at stopping the run almost every year. While Hampton did not have a great year last year, he is still a great NT, and i would def. equal him to rogers every day. Aaron Smith is a master of his position. There is noone out there who is as good as him, period. Kiesel may not be the best player in the world but he is solid, and way above avg. in the league.

dawgs
05-11-2009, 01:29 PM
lol at your d-line being better than ours. There is a reason we are in top 3 at stopping the run almost every year. While Hampton did not have a great year last year, he is still a great NT, and i would def. equal him to rogers every day. Aaron Smith is a master of his position. There is noone out there who is as good as him, period. Kiesel may not be the best player in the world but he is solid, and way above avg. in the league.

ummmmmmmmmmmmm, WHAT!!!! HAMPTON = TO ROGERS. WOW. NO. Aaron smith is an ok player, not a master by any means.

hampton has 22 tacks 1 sack. rogers had 76 tackles 4 sacks. I understand tackles and sacks are not really important to 3-4 NT's. But rogers is a straight up beast.

once again, steelers are top 3 in stopping the run because your LB's are freaks.

Dude487
05-11-2009, 04:13 PM
:lol:

Is this guy for real? do you even know the difference between a 3-4 and a 4-3? who cares about the stats the lineman have on a 3-4, their job is the five technique, based on taking up lineman, clogging the run lanes and freeing up the linebackers

to some extent yo could say our LBs are a product of our linemen. Many have been and some are- Fact

steelers 3-4 dline- the best in the NFL- Fact

NO ONE is better than aaron smith at what he does. An "ok" player, you make me laugh dude....:lol:

shaun rogers is a beast, but he still has some improving to do when it comes to the run game. Just watch him closely instead of waiting for him to have a sack, which while good is not what an NT essentially does

as for corners, just because we have good pass rush our corners suck? again, watch the game closely and let go of the stats. when the rush is negated the steelers corners still shutdown most receiver( derrick mason always gets open somehow....). plus few corner play the run as good as the steelers corner- another Fact

And yeah, Heiden is good blocker, but heath miller is way better overall. spaeth is nothing special so browns TEs and steelers TEs are close

Troyisabeast_43
05-11-2009, 04:31 PM
It doesnt matter when push comes to shove still the Browns still dont have enough to overtake or for that matter beat the Steelers in 2009. Still unproven at the QB position,still a lot of questions marks on offense as well, and a questionable defense too. Look for the losing streak to hit 13 games at the end of this season with another season sweep of the **** Stains...

--- Added 5/11/2009 at 02:31 PM ---

3. how old is Lewis these days.... 90?

6. second right answer 2 for six isnt that bad!

7. but then you end on a bad note saying you have one player that makes your whole line better than ours... one player who has said he would take a paycut just to get out of Cleavland (yeah he is a great guy to have around) then one guy from greenbay who is a 4-3 end out of position and someone i dont know vs. our probowl caliber players.

i rest my case

Let's not forget that Ben also had game winning drives against the Jags, Chargers,and the Ravens in Baltimore to win the division in December. Plus, he had a game tying drive against the Cowboys which lead to the Steelers beating them as well, and was a big part in the first overtime game the Steelers won against the Ravens on Monday night here in September which I believe helped turn our season around at the time. But other then that Ben was complete and total garbage this season...

Phenomenal TJ
05-11-2009, 07:48 PM
Alright, I need to be writing an article right now, but I can't resist replying to this:

Troy Smith was also unable to start his first career game because of a cold. If he didn't have a runny nose, we'd of never seen Joe Flacco and the Ravens would have more than likely fallen out of contention early.

I'm sorry that a backup QB, who may very well be the third stringer this year doesn't like the Steelers. I'm really hurt by it. Truly and immensely hurt.

The biggest factor for the Patriots has and always will be Tom Brady, it doesn't matter what receivers he has, he's going to put up numbers, put any receiver with Brady and he'll make them look good.

browns steelers
o-line > o-line

This, I can agree with. Although, our line has a year under their belts and got the knock when Roethlisberger held onto the ball too long.

TE'S > TE'S

You do realize that you got rid of Kellen Winslow right? This makes this moot, because both Miller and Spaeth are better than your current Tight Ends.

WR'S > WR'S

Except for the fact that Braylon led the league in drops, Cribbs is a kick returner and that's about it, and Stallworth is going to be receiving 'care' packages in prison...

Lewis is proven and slowing down. He's a power back, how much longer do you honestly expect him to last?

Why no focus on Parker, Moore, or Russell if we're talking about last season?

QB < QB

That's a given.

You just said that our draft pick was unproven at running back, and yet you want to give the Browns the edge in corners because they're young and good? Ike Taylor's a top 10 corner in the league and his only knock is the fact that he can't hang onto the ball, maybe he could come take Braylon's spot for you..

S > S

That's just a joke.

DL > DL

Reasoning is nice..

The Browns LB's are two one year wonders thus far. So, no they're not 'straight up beasts'.

Nothing that good, except for the player that helped Harrison break the record for most sacks by an LB duo, right? You know, that one guy that has at least two sacks in every playoff game he's been in?

Come on now, I'm all for a little trash talk, but at least back it up with some relative points. It's not hard.

Stlrs4Life
05-12-2009, 12:06 AM
It is for a Browns Fan.

lloydfan4life
05-12-2009, 08:16 AM
I can't believe you guys are still paying attention to this Brown Stain. :duh:

Wins speak louder than any other stats.
How many did your Brownies have last year?

4? :lol:

Someone get the bottle of
http://www.shoplet.com/office/plimages/Laundry-Stain-Remover-22oz-Trigger-Spray-Bottle-12-carton_120780.jpg
to rid us of this Stain!

TampaSteelGirl
05-12-2009, 01:12 PM

Dawgs....If your team is so damn better than ours where are these :6smile: then??

:OA02:

DIESELMAN
05-12-2009, 04:28 PM
Dawgs....If your team is so damn better than ours where are these :6smile: then??

:OA02:

:plus1: dawgs needs to quit droppin acid, hes having hallucinations on how good his Brownies really are. His team might look good on paper, but that would be toilet paper.

dawgs
05-12-2009, 06:22 PM
:lol:

Is this guy for real? do you even know the difference between a 3-4 and a 4-3? who cares about the stats the lineman have on a 3-4,

wow I said that. read.

BlitzburghNation
05-12-2009, 09:11 PM
You guys are cracking me up,,,,,,,:haha:

Like I tell my kin in ohio,who are Stain lovers,,,,,,,,,,,,,,if it's brownflush it down :D

dawgs
05-13-2009, 12:36 PM
Alright, I need to be writing an article right now, but I can't resist replying to this:

Your sig shows that you are nothin but a front runner. So anything you got to say means nothin.

OL- browns

WRs- browns. Ewards is in a contract year, you know he will play good. Plus robo, mass, cribbs, the vets patter and furrey. I love homes for hte steelers, but hines is old, and the new rules could hurt his game.

FB- browns. vickers and ali both can run, catch and block.

TE's- browns. I know you guys think miller is god, But browns have 2 of the best blocking TE's. Both can catch to. then we got martin who is a raw winslow.

QB's- steelers- Quinn will most like start for the browns, But he is young and needs to prove himself. Ben did not play very well last season. But he was clutch.

DL- steelers. But rogers is a beast. plus williams having another season to learn the system and get healthy. The guy has alot of talent. both smiths for the browns are avg players to. I also feel hamton is just about done. Aaron smith is a good player.

LB's- steelers easy. The browns seem to be improving with barton, jackson and the 2 hawaii guys. But ya, still far away. I hope wimbley could learn a move.

CB's- browns. wright and B-mac are INT machines. Plus good tacklers. But are pass rush is so bad, QB's can pick them apart. steelers corners are misleading because of there great pass rush. below avg corners could look great with those LB's.

S- steelers. troy had a great season. was just a monster. clark is good to. pool needs to stay healthy for the browns, and elam IDK.

You guys are alot better in the right spots then the browns. But the browns do have talent all around. man its fun comnig in here. good football talk.

TampaSteelGirl
05-13-2009, 02:04 PM
Your sig shows that you are nothin but a front runner. So anything you got to say means nothin.

OL- browns

WRs- browns. Ewards is in a contract year, you know he will play good. Plus robo, mass, cribbs, the vets patter and furrey. I love homes for hte steelers, but hines is old, and the new rules could hurt his game.

TE's- browns. I know you guys think miller is god, But browns have 2 of the best blocking TE's. Both can catch to. then we got martin who is a raw winslow.

QB's- steelers- Quinn will most like start for the browns, But he is young and needs to prove himself. Ben did not play very well last season. But he was clutch.

DL- steelers. But rogers is a beast. plus williams having another season to learn the system and get healthy. The guy has alot of talent. both smiths for the browns are avg players to. I also feel hamton is just about done. Aaron smith is a good player.

LB's- steelers easy. The browns seem to be improving with barton, jackson and the 2 hawaii guys. But ya, still far away. I hope wimbley could learn a move.

CB's- browns. wright and B-mac are INT machines. Plus good tacklers. But are pass rush is so bad, QB's can pick them apart. steelers corners are misleading because of there great pass rush. below avg corners could look great with those LB's.

S- steelers. troy had a great season. was just a monster. clark is good to. pool needs to stay healthy for the browns, and elam IDK.

You guys are alot better in the right spots then the browns. But the browns do have talent all around. man its fun comnig in here. good football talk.

Look on the bright side Dawgs....Your team is better than the Bengals! :grin1:

Phenomenal TJ
05-13-2009, 07:10 PM

That's quite the effective debating skill you've show there, oh no! What am I supposed to do now?

I don't know that any player will play good, that's moot.

Robiskie? Really? How many rookie wide receivers are actually going to come in and make a huge impact?

Massoquai, same as Robiskie.

Cribbs is a return man, and that's about it.

Patten and Furrey are good vets, but how much are they going to see the field?

The new rules won't effect Ward's receiving game at all. It could effect the running game, but not the passing game at all.

I'd of rather kept Russell and have him playing fullback than have Carey Davis back there.

Miller can catch and block.
Spaeth can catch, I haven't had time to analyze his blocking yet though.

Ben played as well as he had to, he came up big when he needed to, sans the Colts game. Quinn needed Winslow, front office dropped the ball on that one.

Hampton may be out come next year, we drafted Hood for a reason, whether he's going to play all three line spots or not, he'll be unseating either Keisel or Hampton next year when one's gone. Rogers and Hampton are essentially the same two down defensive tackles that are going to command a double team every time they're on the line.

Jackson and Wimbley can be good, they just both have to prove that they're not one year wonders. The Steelers LB corps is easily the best in the game.

I'm not sure that it's misleading, as down the stretch Ike Taylor covered number one receivers like glue. They do benefit from the pass rush, but they were both still above average corners.

Taylor and McFadden were also arguably two of the best tackling corners in the league last year.

Clark rejuvenated his career last year it seems, he's got to prove that it wasn't a fluke. Polamalu was looking like he was still in college last year. Simply monstrous.

Browns have talent, but they're a hot and cold team. If everyone's on the same page they can play lights out, but if just one thing goes wrong, they dig themselves a hole for an entire season.

I'm not taking anything away from them, but to say they're better than the Steelers is simply foolish. Until they put that talent to use and challenge for the division title year after year, then they aren't the better team overall.

dawgs
05-14-2009, 10:51 AM
I don't know that any player will play good, that's moot.

Robiskie? Really? How many rookie wide receivers are actually going to come in and make a huge impact?
Massoquai, same as Robiskie.
Cribbs is a return man, and that's about it.
Patten and Furrey are good vets, but how much are they going to see the field?

I see what your saying, but robo and mass both have alot of talent, and will be thrown into the fire early on. Thats a good point about the vets, but its nice to have them on the depth chart right?

Ben played as well as he had to, he came up big when he needed to, sans the Colts game. Quinn needed Winslow, front office dropped the ball on that one.

Yes, I said ben was very clutch.

Quinn does not need winslow. winslow is a injury prone head case. heidans hands are just as good. Not as fast, But quinn won't be crying for winslow.

Hampton may be out come next year, we drafted Hood for a reason, whether he's going to play all three line spots or not, he'll be unseating either Keisel or Hampton next year when one's gone. Rogers and Hampton are essentially the same two down defensive tackles that are going to command a double team every time they're on the line.

Do you think ziggy is big enough to play NT? nobody will douple him thats for sure. But he could be a good DE.

Jackson and Wimbley can be good, they just both have to prove that they're not one year wonders. The Steelers LB corps is easily the best in the game.

Jackson has 3 straight good years under his belt. He will be great for us. Now wimbley is a huge question mark. Has alot of talent, but he can't learn moves for crap. He just bull rushes the OL, thats his only move.

I'm not taking anything away from them, but to say they're better than the Steelers is simply foolish. Until they put that talent to use and challenge for the division title year after year, then they aren't the better team overall.

Nobody said that. steelers won the superbowl, browns won 4 games. Steelers are no question better. You make alot of since, and it's great talkin to a smart fan for once. But other steeler fans are talkin like the browns have no talent at all.

BTW, I called you a front runner because you have ben and kobe on your sig. Both steelers and lakers are great teams and on different sides of the country. so its just alittle odd. But its nice to see you know what your talkin about.

DanRooney
05-18-2009, 01:55 AM
The only thing that the Browns have better than the Steelers is the offensive line. Steelers have a better QB, RBs, WRs, DL, LBs, CBs, and safeties. Don't feed the monkey.

Dude487
05-18-2009, 05:02 PM
When a guy says Aaron smith is an "ok" player, it's hard to take him seriously

but he does have some good opinions, other than repeatedly saying Rogers is a beast, lol

Hood will NOT be an NT. Jackson is a great LB, and Wimbley could be good with a better dline. Abram Elam I believe is an upgrade for the browns at safety. he came with the sanchez deal right?

andyg1984
05-18-2009, 08:59 PM

Whatever high-powered drugs you are on, could you please send some of them to us? We need something to stock up for our trippy stairway to seven party ! How is the no-fun-run- for-1 going?

Stlrs4Life
05-19-2009, 12:22 AM
Lay down the crack pipe. The Steelers have the better CBs and Safety.

DIESELMAN
05-19-2009, 01:41 PM
But other steeler fans are talkin like the browns have no talent at all.

It takes more then talent to win. Yes you have talent but you also need discipline, leadership, cohesiveness, depth, teamwork, good coaches and recognize the fact that looking good on paper doesn't translate to being good on the field. When the Browns and other teams quit being 1 year wonders with the help of an easy schedule and can maintain some sort of consistency, then you can talk about how good your team will be in any given year. Until that happens, the Browns will not get recognized as anything more then wannabees.

Steel Trap86
05-19-2009, 03:29 PM
When was the last time the Browns won a playoff game?

JensK
05-19-2009, 03:36 PM

In 1994, they won the first game over Patriots. Guess who they lost to after that? You are correct, Steelers.

dawgs
05-20-2009, 10:06 AM
When a guy says Aaron smith is an "ok" player, it's hard to take him seriously

but he does have some good opinions, other than repeatedly saying Rogers is a beast, lol

Hood will NOT be an NT. Jackson is a great LB, and Wimbley could be good with a better dline. Abram Elam I believe is an upgrade for the browns at safety. he came with the sanchez deal right?

when a guy says Aaron smith is a master, its alittle hard to take him seriously.

rogers is not a beast? he's a little 6'4 360 pound kitten. lol. beast.

ya he came in the dirty sanchez trade.

--- Added 5/20/2009 at 08:06 AM ---

has nothing to do with anything. Don't change subject.

I remember on ESPN few years back they had a best fan base poll thing. They had steelers at 10, they said steelers would be 4. But everytime you talk to a steeler fan, they just brag about how many rings they got and how your team sucks compared to them. Also that you can't hold regular conversations with them.

If I'm wrong guys tell me where. lets talk about it. Its fun to debate.

lloydfan4life
05-20-2009, 01:12 PM
WHAT?? :duh:
We've got SIX Lombardi's and the Browns suck compared to the Steelers.
What else is there to talk about? :lol:

DIESELMAN
05-20-2009, 01:42 PM
It takes more then talent to win. Yes you have talent but you also need discipline, leadership, cohesiveness, depth, teamwork, good coaches and recognize the fact that looking good on paper doesn't translate to being good on the field. When the Browns and other teams quit being 1 year wonders with the help of an easy schedule and can maintain some sort of consistency, then you can talk about how good your team will be in any given year. Until that happens, the Browns will not get recognized as anything more then wannabees.

Already did.....As far as Rogers goes, the only thing that has stopped him from being a beast is Rogers himself. His weight problems, lack of motivation when it suits him has made him the inconsistent player that he is. Smith on the other hand doesn't take plays off, does his job as a 3-4 DE with a high motor for 60 minutes and is a beast against the run.

Dude487
05-20-2009, 01:50 PM
when a guy says Aaron smith is a master, its alittle hard to take him seriously.

rogers is not a beast? he's a little 6'4 360 pound kitten. lol. beast.

then tell me who's better than smith. seymour? maybe at the beginning of his career. no one could run to his side

and I did say rogers is a beast. when he wants to....aaron smith never stops

dawgs
05-20-2009, 02:11 PM
Already did.....As far as Rogers goes, the only thing that has stopped him from being a beast is Rogers himself. His weight problems, lack of motivation when it suits him has made him the inconsistent player that he is. Smith on the other hand doesn't take plays off, does his job as a 3-4 DE with a high motor for 60 minutes and is a beast against the run.

No you have not. I'm still waiting.

rogers being over 350 is still very quick. The browns are thinking about using him at DE where he played great for the lions.

weight problems? not really, he always shows up ready to go. lack of motivation? well browns sucked last season, and he was still pounding on people to the end.

ejsteeler
05-20-2009, 02:27 PM
uh, yes, he did. It's not a debate just because you disagree. A debate has intelligent conversation stating the pros of each position. You are not holding up your end of the debate process.....:nono:

Aaron Smith is unparalleled in his play. Rodgers is not dependable on a consistant basis. He has shown that repeatedly last year. And yes, at 350 he is quick.....quick to run to the sidelines and take a knee. You can have him. He fits the mold of a Clown player. Pletty of potential, but no bang for the buck. That rubuts the motivation you think he has also.
Cleveland sucks, always sucked and will always suck. Sorry dude, but that's just how it is.:yellowthumb:

Dude487
05-20-2009, 02:31 PM

rogers being over 350 is still very quick. The browns are thinking about using him at DE where he played great for the lions.

weight problems? not really, he always shows up ready to go. lack of motivation? well browns sucked last season, and he was still pounding on people to the end.

if anything he played DE in Dime/Nickle packages for the lions 4-3, not a 3-4. and it was the lions, they have no idea what they are doing, lol

trust me, he will stay at NT. It's hard to find that piece of the puzzle for the defense, and the browns have it

and yes, he's had weight problems before

Steel Trap86
05-20-2009, 03:02 PM
has nothing to do with anything. Don't change subject.

I remember on ESPN few years back they had a best fan base poll thing. They had steelers at 10, they said steelers would be 4. But everytime you talk to a steeler fan, they just brag about how many rings they got and how your team sucks compared to them. Also that you can't hold regular conversations with them.

I asked because I really didnt remember, it had nothing to do with you... and you cant come out year after year saying the Browns are ready when they havent done jack **** since '94. If you had 6 Superbowls in Cleveland and spanked the Steelers every season (lol) you would be boasting about it too.

**** the Browns:cope:

DIESELMAN
05-20-2009, 08:40 PM

Yeah your right, I guess you wanted people to comment on this....

We can hold regular conversations, but when you come on another teams site, especially the reigning Super Bowl Champs (6 times) and run your mouth how much better your team is. Your team, the Browns, who haven't done dick consistently since the mid 80's, what do you expect? When your team can do something in this league year in and year out besides lose, then you can come on here or any other winning teams site and talk ****.

Quick? compared to what? an elephant?

Yes he does have weight problems, where do you think his motivational problems come from?.....you do realize Rogers has been in the league for about 9 years now right? He started declining and having weight and motivational problems back in 2005 with the Lions. Just because you think hes a beast, doesn't make it so. If hes such a force to be reckoned with, where are all the forced fumbles and TD's caused by his being a beast? :lol: Seriously dawgs, I realize you are a great fan of your team but one day you will have to face reality and admit to yourself that you chose a team with no direction, no consistency and no chance in hell as long as the Steelers are in the AFC North of you guys ever winning a division title let alone even smell the AFCCG or get this the mother ****in Super Bowl!!!

I asked because I really didnt remember, it had nothing to do with you... and you cant come out year after year saying the Browns are ready when they havent done jack **** since '94. If you had 6 Superbowls in Cleveland and spanked the Steelers every season (lol) you would be boasting about it too.

**** the Browns:cope:
:plus1: Yep, **** the Browns!!! :cope::cope::cope:

dawgs
05-22-2009, 02:49 PM
if anything he played DE in Dime/Nickle packages for the lions 4-3, not a 3-4. and it was the lions, they have no idea what they are doing, lol

trust me, he will stay at NT. It's hard to find that piece of the puzzle for the defense, and the browns have it

and yes, he's had weight problems before

Doctors say I have whata call alittle bit of a weight problem. tommy boy.
anyways....

I also think he will stay at NT, but if injuries happen, or mybe play or 2 that they design. Having a guy like him can be alot of fun.

Rogers only comes out on 3rd downs and or if he was running sideline to sideline. Thats how it is for 3-4 NT's.

--- Added 5/22/2009 at 12:49 PM ---

Yeah your right, I guess you wanted people to comment on this....

We can hold regular conversations, but when you come on another teams site, especially the reigning Super Bowl Champs (6 times) and run your mouth how much better your team is. Your team, the Browns, who haven't done dick consistently since the mid 80's, what do you expect? When your team can do something in this league year in and year out besides lose, then you can come on here or any other winning teams site and talk ****.

You can make up what you want, But the facts are I never said the browns were better have I? I said browns are better in areas then the steelers are. But steelers have great LB's, and safety which is the main reason for your superbowl wins, clutch QB play was huge to.

One of the great things about rogers other then his size, is his speed. Now I'm not saying he runs a 4.3 lol. But People think that just because he is big, then he can't run. well do some homework and you will know he can.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2vks25u-r4

steelcityrockers
05-22-2009, 02:52 PM
Shaun Rogers will outrun most skill position players in a 5 yard race. He is extremely quick, which is his greatest asset.

dawgs
05-22-2009, 03:24 PM
Shaun Rogers will outrun most skill position players in a 5 yard race. He is extremely quick, which is his greatest asset.

I'm not sure about that. But the man can get it going.

DIESELMAN
05-22-2009, 04:58 PM
browns steelers
o-line > o-line
TE'S > TE'S
WR'S > WR'S
QB < QB
S > S
DL > DL

You can make up what you want, But the facts are I never said the browns were better have I? I said browns are better in areas then the steelers are. But steelers have great LB's, and safety which is the main reason for your superbowl wins, clutch QB play was huge to.

You didn't come right out and say those exact words, but when you come here saying the Browns are better then the Steelers in 7 different areas, your basically saying the Browns are better. Do your homework, go talk your Browns up somewhere else, its not working here.

dawgs
05-23-2009, 02:53 PM
You didn't come right out and say those exact words, but when you come here saying the Browns are better then the Steelers in 7 different areas, your basically saying the Browns are better. Do your homework, go talk your Browns up somewhere else, its not working here.

Well you guys are better in key areas. You took what I said last season. I expected guys like wimbley to learn a freakin move, and he did not. So you guys are wayy better at LB, your also better at safety because troy was insane. jones and pool both battled injuries and missed games.

Alot of people on here were bashing troy and saying he was done, So i kinda went off that and gave the edge to the browns at safety.

--- Added 5/23/2009 at 12:53 PM ---

:

elephants can move pretty well.

JensK
05-23-2009, 04:20 PM
Well you guys are better in key areas. You took what I said last season. I expected guys like wimbley to learn a freakin move, and he did not. So you guys are wayy better at LB, your also better at safety because troy was insane. jones and pool both battled injuries and missed games.

Alot of people on here were bashing troy and saying he was done, So i kinda went off that and gave the edge to the browns at safety.

--- Added 5/23/2009 at 12:53 PM ---

elephants can move pretty well.

I think this year has shown us not to underestimate Ryan Clark as well. He is really starting to show that he is a really good safety, and im not just talking about this big hits.

heknowsyouknow
05-23-2009, 05:24 PM
When i came over to see the steelers in 93 one of the game we went to was the browns away in the old shite ground ..ok we lost that day ..but what a crap ground in a crap area ..we still made more noise:tt02: and could not wait to get the hell out of brown town ...what summs it up was in the buss we was all in i look out the window to see a pick up with some bowns in it ,,and a old lady driveing ..she looked over a fliped the finger at us..i pissed myself was so funny ..oh well that my :2cents: on the matter and ...NO i never want to go back to that shite hole ever again ...

roll on the new season and the brown spanking time :helmet:

god i hate them almost as much as the rat birds .......and NOPE there no browns fan club this side of the pond unlike the uk steelers fan club and litte or no support over here ///much like over there :hilarious:

dawgs
05-23-2009, 06:47 PM
When i came over to see the steelers in 93 one of the game we went to was the browns away in the old shite ground ..ok we lost that day ..but what a crap ground in a crap area ..we still made more noise:tt02: and could not wait to get the hell out of brown town ...what summs it up was in the buss we was all in i look out the window to see a pick up with some bowns in it ,,and a old lady driveing ..she looked over a fliped the finger at us..i pissed myself was so funny ..oh well that my :2cents: on the matter and ...NO i never want to go back to that shite hole ever again ...

roll on the new season and the brown spanking time :helmet:

god i hate them almost as much as the rat birds .......and NOPE there no browns fan club this side of the pond unlike the uk steelers fan club and litte or no support over here ///much like over there :hilarious:

1993? wow dude, that was long ago. cleveland area is much improved. Plus pittsburgh is not the bahamas.

heknowsyouknow
05-23-2009, 07:03 PM
i know long time ago ...my mate who runs the uk fan club goes over every year for a browns and 1 other game ..thats at browns or at home ..he says its not all that ,,but the new ground its 100% better than the old dump
sorry i have to say i love pitt ..the town the area the fans everything .. since haveing a family have not been able to get over that much but when i do can not be any more welcomeing :cope:
hope to get over soon with my little girl whos just got her 1st no 7 shirt and like to watch her dad when he plays football over here i play OT for the last 13 years .:helmet:

dawgs
05-24-2009, 11:54 AM
i know long time ago ...my mate who runs the uk fan club goes over every year for a browns and 1 other game ..thats at browns or at home ..he says its not all that ,,but the new ground its 100% better than the old dump
sorry i have to say i love pitt ..the town the area the fans everything .. since haveing a family have not been able to get over that much but when i do can not be any more welcomeing :cope:
hope to get over soon with my little girl whos just got her 1st no 7 shirt and like to watch her dad when he plays football over here i play OT for the last 13 years .:helmet:

ummmm what? lol.

I live like 5min from all 3 stadiums, its just great. I live in an area where the cheapest house is 300 thousand. Great area. But anyways im not getting into that again.

Well I'm out guys. For a few weeks. Don't miss me to much. I know it will be boring without me. later.

Captcoolhand
05-24-2009, 12:10 PM
ummmm what? lol.

I live like 5min from all 3 stadiums, its just great. I live in an area where the cheapest house is 300 thousand. Great area. But anyways im not getting into that again.

Well I'm out guys. For a few weeks. Don't miss me to much. I know it will be boring without me. later.
300K being the cheapest just 5 minutes away.......:thinking:

You must be from Lakewood. Home to all the Fairies.:yesnod:

bsteeler05
05-25-2009, 01:22 PM
Will the Browns ever win again vs the Steelers???? Got me to thinking which team holds the record of most consecutive wins vs one team? I believe the Patriots have an 11 game win streak against the Bills right now as well. Anyone know the answer? and will the 13th straight agaisnt the Browns on Dec 10th, be the record?