PDA

View Full Version : Salmon?

Steelerlyn
08-28-2007, 03:37 PM
Does anyone have a great receipe for Salmon?

steelersgal86
09-14-2007, 06:06 AM
:dunno:I would think that Clevestinks would?

SteelerBee43
09-14-2007, 01:30 PM
Does anyone have a great receipe for Salmon?

Check on the foodnetwork website,I'm sure Emeril or Paula would have something great..:yesnod:

Mach1
09-14-2007, 02:49 PM
I usually make a tinfoil pouch and put some butter and(or) olive oil on the salmon, season to taste . Squeeze some lemon juice in with it. Can also put in some small cut veggies like potatoes, corn, carrots, ect. Seal up the tinfoil, take a toothpick poke A hole in it to let the pressure escape. This can be cooked on the BBQ or in the oven.

I cook in the bbq on med. heat for about 20 min.

steelersgal86
09-22-2007, 08:43 AM
I usually make a tinfoil pouch and put some butter and(or) olive oil on the salmon, season to taste . Squeeze some lemon juice in with it. Can also put in some small cut veggies like potatoes, corn, carrots, ect. Seal up the tinfoil, take a toothpick poke A hole in it to let the pressure escape. This can be cooked on the BBQ or in the oven.

I cook in the bbq on med. heat for about 20 min.

that is a great idea :bigthumb:

Ambridge
09-24-2007, 09:54 AM
I highly recommend Wild Sockeye Salmon Fillet if it's available-(the season is about to end). Much better flavor than the Atlantic Farm Raised Fillet.

I usually put a light coating of Olive Oil on the fillet and sprinkle either lemon pepper or blackened/cajun seasoning on top.

I put directly on the charcoal grill(Spray Pam on your grill top first)depending on the thickness of the fillet usually about 15 minutes-7:30 on both sides.

Hawk Believer
09-24-2007, 10:34 AM
I definately support Ambridge's statement re: the farmed crap. Avoid it. It doesn't taste as good and its bad for the environment.

I like to use a little bit of glaze on grilled salmon. Mixing some honey and lime juice with a bit of cilantro is always good. Or putting some soy, brown sugar, and some garlic or ginger is a winner also. You can put some red pepper in either if you want to give it some kick.