PDA

View Full Version : First Round of Roster Cuts

AZ_Steeler
08-27-2007, 04:32 PM
Steelers cut Kevan Barlow
Monday, August 27, 2007
By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Former Pitt running back Kevan Barlow, who was trying to become a third-down back with the Steelers, was among seven players cut today by Coach Mike Tomlin.

Also cut were punter Mike Barr, kicker Connor Hughes, wide receiver Dan Sheldon, running back Larry Croom, long-snapper Jared Retkofsky and center Donovan Raiola.

Three more players have to be cut by tomorrow to get down to the 75-player roster limit.

Curiously, Barlow carried four times for 14 yards and scored the Steelers' final offensive touchdown in their 27-13 victory against the Philadelphia Eagles last night.

Mike Tomlin
08-27-2007, 05:03 PM
These next three must be pretty hard decisions to make.

SteelersfaninPhilly
08-27-2007, 05:56 PM
No real suprises in those cuts.

Koopa
08-27-2007, 06:16 PM
poor mike barr, never stood a chance right when they announced that the steelers had selected d-sep in the 4th round....

barlow is a bum and he should've been cut in training camp lol

we cut the wrong kicker lol

Mike Tomlin
08-27-2007, 06:18 PM

I was just thinking the same thing. Jeff Reed will probably play his final year with Da Steelers this year.

BRICKTOWN BEAST
08-27-2007, 06:18 PM
I think Ryan McBeam, Shawn Nua gone next

Mike Tomlin
08-27-2007, 06:20 PM
I think Ryan McBeam, Shawn Nua gone next

NAhh! I think they'll keep McBean around for atleast this season. This guy has too much potential to let go right now.

strong D
08-27-2007, 06:38 PM
nothing suprising to me

Stlrs4Life
08-27-2007, 07:28 PM
No surprises there, maybe Haynes will be next.

K Train
08-27-2007, 07:45 PM

shouldve drafted crosby

digdug
08-27-2007, 08:03 PM
Unless they keep him solely for his Special Teams cover ability - Chidi is a done deal, as is Nua (we hardly Nua you:hilarious:).

Stairwayto7
08-27-2007, 08:08 PM
Surprise, surprise, Barlow sucks

BlackGold4vr
08-27-2007, 09:38 PM
Former Pitt running back Kevan Barlow, who was trying to become a third-down back with the Steelers, was among seven players cut today by Coach Mike Tomlin.

Thank God for a coach who makes football moves that actually keeps the better players! If Barlow made the team and one of the younger guys had gotten cut I would have been fuming. :cursin:

Way to go Coach Tomlin! So far you are making all the right moves! :clap:

K Train
08-27-2007, 09:51 PM
gay seriously punked chidi for that spot in a big way

gay might be the best layer that ever lived, its like he has the touch of god in the last 2 minutes of a game lol

Mike Tomlin
08-27-2007, 11:29 PM
Yeah I said that awhile back. I watched a couple of his games after he was drafted ,and man this cat just makes big plays every game.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-27-2007, 11:35 PM
No surprises there, maybe Haynes will be next.

Yeah these first round cuts are usually never a surprise. I was actually wondering if Verron wouldn't get a visit from the Turk this time but he's been saved for another week yet. I really would like to see him stay healthy because he's got a lot of potential and he can play FB and RB and play ST too but he's just never healthy enough to stay on the field for an entire season and now with the 2 rookies doing so well he's just out of luck I think.

K Train
08-27-2007, 11:38 PM
lol i think he potential has run out.....just keep rooting for kuhn tg lol

RckyMtnStlrFan
08-28-2007, 01:06 AM
This isn't gonna be a popular post. I thought Barlow tried pretty hard. He had a few decent runs (mostly against third team D). I'm glad he's not a Steeler, but I thought he gave 100%. I wouldn't call him a bum, bums don't give a shiat. He just isn't good enough.

MT - nice sig:yesnod:

BlacknGold Bleeder
08-28-2007, 01:14 AM
I heard STEELY MCBEAM was on the list,:dunno::lol::banana:

Prosdo
08-28-2007, 02:39 AM
Thank God for a coach who makes football moves that actually keeps the better players! If Barlow made the team and one of the younger guys had gotten cut I would have been fuming. :cursin:

Way to go Coach Tomlin! So far you are making all the right moves! :clap:

I agree. No big surprises on who was cut. Glad to see that Barlow went.

kgreen
08-28-2007, 11:26 AM
I really liked Conner Hughes!!!:banging::cursin::banging:

BRICKTOWN BEAST
08-28-2007, 11:51 AM
I think Barlow would of stayed if it wasn't for Davis and Russell. THANK YOU Davis and Russell and I think our RB's are set for a good long while. Just Like our TE and QB.

K Train
08-28-2007, 11:53 AM
i think young is gonna get cut....yet again

BRICKTOWN BEAST
08-28-2007, 11:58 AM
Young did really good this preseason wouldn't be awesome if they cut Wilson instead of him

K Train
08-28-2007, 12:03 PM
not really, i hate wilson 10x more than the next guy but young isnt any better and is about 50x slower

Iron City South
08-28-2007, 01:33 PM
not really, i hate wilson 10x more than the next guy but young isnt any better and is about 50x slower

Some may not like Ced Wilson, but I'm going to be very honest with you and say that without him in the playoff run back in '05 .... we don't go to the dance. Second to Hines Ward, Ced runs the best routes on the team and has the second best set of hands. Hines Ward even said Wilson has the best workout regiment of the WR's ...

Secondly, Ced was underutilized in the previous "predictable" system when other teams knew we were passing (which was the primary reason our WR's never got good seperation). I look for better numbers from him in Arians new system.

K Train
08-28-2007, 01:38 PM
Some may not like Ced Wilson, but I'm going to be very honest with you and say that without him in the playoff run back in '05 .... we don't go to the dance. Second to Hines Ward, Ced runs the best routes on the team and has the second best set of hands. Hines Ward even said Wilson has the best workout regiment of the WR's ...

Secondly, Ced was underutilized in the previous "predictable" system when other teams knew we were passing (which was the primary reason our WR's never got good seperation). I look for better numbers from him in Arians new system.
ok, all of this statement makes me want to club baby seals

Wilson, runs good routes and he might be a workout warrior, but he SUCKS, he does NOT have good hands, he drops an awful lot for being the "second best" everything on this team. And he made ONE play and had a few catches in the playoffs, while the play in cincy was nice, ward was just as much 20 yards wide open.....wilson is garbage

Holmes>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>wilson

BRICKTOWN BEAST
08-28-2007, 03:51 PM
Wilson is a MONKEY

Mike Tomlin
08-28-2007, 03:56 PM
Wilson is a MONKEY

WHAT!?

TEEMONT
08-28-2007, 04:20 PM
Are you Howard Cosell?

BlitzburghRockCity
08-28-2007, 04:31 PM
Cedric is very important to our team at this point. He gives us a viable veteran 3rd WR because after him the rest of unit is a notch below at this point so we're going to need him all year long. He needs to come through for us and keep his mouth shut about getting the ball. He'll get his chances but Nate is nipping at his heels so hopefully that will continue to push both of them to improve and stay on their game.

Mike Tomlin
08-28-2007, 05:02 PM
Cedric is very important to our team at this point. He gives us a viable veteran 3rd WR because after him the rest of unit is a notch below at this point so we're going to need him all year long. He needs to come through for us and keep his mouth shut about getting the ball. He'll get his chances but Nate is nipping at his heels so hopefully that will continue to push both of them to improve and stay on their game.

Exactly! We have to keep said at least until next year when we'll kick him to the curb. This year we have no choice and I feel pretty confident with him behind Holmes and Ward, maybe even Washington. Believe it or not I think Reid will be the one to send Ced packing by the end of the year.