PDA

View Full Version : NFL fined Keisel $12,500 for Campbell hit

AZ_Steeler
08-27-2007, 02:08 PM
Link to story... (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/rss/s_524344.html)

The hit Steelers defensive end Brett Keisel made on Redskins quarterback Jason Campbell in an Aug. 18 game turned out to be a costly one.

The NFL fined Keisel $12,500 for the play the resulted in Campbell leaving the exhibition game with a bruised left knee.

Campbell later had an MRI taken on his knee as a precaution but the result was negative.

Keisel hit Campbell in his lower leg after he lost his footing while rushing the second-year quarterback. He got penalized for roughing the passer.

He said last week the he didn't expect to get additional punishment for the hit but added that he wouldn't be surprised if the NFL did fine him.

"I saw the play and I made a nice inside move and I got tripped up and I just lunged at him," Keisel said last week. "I hit him above the knee, which is supposed to be legal."
The hit looked good in my book... plus maybe they should fined the offensive linemen who pushed Keisel into Campbell! :2cents:

StlersGuy
08-27-2007, 02:09 PM
what a joke, that hit was nothing

Mike Tomlin
08-27-2007, 02:53 PM
:willybs: Goodell Castro

StlersGuy
08-27-2007, 03:06 PM
I think the NFL should start making the QB wear a blaze orange vest, after all they don't want them to get hit..

TEEMONT
08-27-2007, 03:14 PM
I don tthink he was pushed into the QB, but it wasn't a dirty hit, just maybe unneccessary.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-27-2007, 03:18 PM
We all kinda figured this was coming I think, anytime there is a hit on a QB that knocks him out of the game the NFL is going to look at it. Brett certainly wasn't trying to hurt him but sometimes **** just happens in the game.

floodcitygirl
08-27-2007, 04:23 PM
I missed that game. If the hit was clean, then is there a way to contest this? :dunno:

Ambridge
08-27-2007, 05:26 PM
The NFL should realize that a defensive end when rushing the QB is sort of coming in with a leaning angle as he's fighting the offensive tackle and when the tackle either cuts the ends legs or shoves him down....it pretty much puts the defensive end right at the level of the QB's knees as he's going forward and down.
Keisel's play and hit on Campbell looked very similar to Kimo's hit on Palmer.
Certainly nothing intentional on Keisel's part and certainly not worth a $12,000
fine.

K Train
08-27-2007, 05:32 PM
damn he shouldve torn his ACL for that kind of money

Mike Tomlin
08-27-2007, 05:33 PM
kemo's hit looked more intentional than Keisel's

StlersGuy
08-27-2007, 06:17 PM
damn he shouldve torn his ACL for that kind of money

:bigthumb:

GoBenGo
08-27-2007, 06:47 PM
stiff fine for unintentional hit . especially since his first concern was Campbell's well-being directly after it. No sack dance, no high fives, just a genuine concern that the guy he just hit was ok.

Anyone else catch the second guy in the play by play booth ,when he called Campbell , "Williams" ? lost his train of thought and did not contribute until the replacement came in.

digdug
08-27-2007, 08:25 PM
"I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play." - Jack Lambert.

If it were only true in this day and age Jack, now its just the opposite!!:hail:

Prosdo
08-28-2007, 02:47 AM
"I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play." - Jack Lambert.

If it were only true in this day and age Jack, now its just the opposite!!:hail:

I love that quote and Jack was right.

Mike Tomlin
08-28-2007, 03:25 AM
I love that quote and Jack was right.Sounds like a Steelers Linebacker:helmet: Great quote!

SteelersWoman
08-28-2007, 10:31 AM
Probably won't be too many years before QB's will wear flags.

K Train
08-28-2007, 10:37 AM
that wont happen....WAY to many people would get pissed off

BRICKTOWN BEAST
08-28-2007, 11:47 AM
This reminds me of when Kemo Von Oleffen got Palmer injured during the playoffs.

StlersGuy
08-28-2007, 05:36 PM
This reminds me of when Kemo Von Oleffen got Palmer injured during the playoffs. :bigthumb: poor Palmer :greengrin:

WildBillSteel
08-29-2007, 12:21 AM

great quote........wondr how many fines jack wouldve gotten with todays puss rules?

SteelersWoman
08-29-2007, 02:19 AM
that wont happen....WAY to many people would get pissed off

I don't think the NFL cares a WHOLE lot about what the fans want--if they did, these girly rules would've never been put in place. They can't even so much as pull the QB's socks down. That's ticked a lot of fans off, but it hasn't done any good.

NOVA STEELERS
08-31-2007, 02:48 PM
What a joke, snyder and gibbs must have really kissed up to goodell

BBG7
08-31-2007, 03:33 PM
The hit was not intential and should not have been fined. Yes, he got hurt, but it happens in the game of football, players get injured at times. You could tell it was never his intention to hurt him by the concern he showed.

StlersGuy
08-31-2007, 03:39 PM
QB's today are protected way to much, It is not like it was a few years ago..