PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Reed makes me nervous

BlitzburghRockCity
08-26-2007, 09:44 PM
Virtually none of his kicks this preaseason have been inspiring. Even the ones he made are ugly *** kicks. A lot of end over ends, line drives, and just flat out barely making it through the uprights.

I know the bottom line is that he is making kicks for us but still, the dude just makes me nervous everytime he steps on the field ! Hopefully he'll erase that as the season goes on because he's all we have.

Prosdo
08-26-2007, 09:46 PM
I agree. I mean that last one was barely good.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-26-2007, 09:48 PM
He used to be automatic every time but damn the dude just seems squeak it in every time, even his extra points are ugly !

BB2W
08-26-2007, 10:29 PM
He used to be automatic every time but damn the dude just seems squeak it in every time, even his extra points are ugly !I had all the faith in the world in him after he took over for Brown and that other guy... Peterson maybe? I am not nearly as confindent in him anymore.

I'll also be watching D-Sep as a rookie holder. I would imagine he did it at Baylor if he was good enough to beat out Batch or St. Pierre... or anyone else for that matter.

Koopa
08-26-2007, 10:31 PM
we should've drafted mason crosby, the dude is a ****ing beast, he kicked a 52 yarder in hienz field already this year......

i've never liked reed, he is a bum, huge legs but sucks *** lol

BlitzburghRockCity
08-26-2007, 10:36 PM
If Reed has a subpar season this year he'll be on the chopping block come next year so he needs to be solid for us. Maybe his new haircut this year will help :dunno: :bluelol:

SteelerSteve
08-26-2007, 11:42 PM
:lol:
If Reed has a subpar season this year he'll be on the chopping block come next year so he needs to be solid for us. Maybe his new haircut this year will help :dunno: :bluelol:I was going to say the same thing, At least he does't look like he just stuck a fork in the toaster :lol::bluelol:

steelersgal86
08-27-2007, 02:47 AM
I agree...I get nervous everytime...

ARKIESTEEL
08-27-2007, 07:14 AM
I hope we dont ever get to the point where we need the kicker to win the game for us no matter who we have kicking

kgreen
08-27-2007, 08:19 AM
Cut Reed! Let Conner Hughes kick!

memphissteelergirl
08-27-2007, 09:18 AM
No, he did not look particularly inspiring last night, but he will be fine.

GoBenGo
08-27-2007, 10:57 AM
I yhought it was just me! Reed's PAT's were even shakey. D- Sep has been holding like a rookie.
And on top of all that- Reed does not kick well at the Heinz historically. IMO i think he is a good kicker, just has some mental thing for the Heinz.

Stlrs4Life
08-27-2007, 11:09 AM
I'm not a big fan of his either, I now turn my back and don't watch any of his kicks. I thought his xtra point kick on Willies TD was no good.

digdug
08-27-2007, 11:10 AM
Nervous doesn't begin to say it. I have to something soft nearby just in case he blows an easy kick - I've already destroyed two TV's!:banging: :postal:

JB 67
08-27-2007, 11:40 AM
I agree Reed makes me very nervous on the positive side i'm suprised he is reaching the endzone on some kickoffs

AZ_Steeler
08-27-2007, 11:53 AM
I think after this season the Steelers FO really need to take a good look at Reed. Last year he was 20/27 which sucks! I don't care what stadium you're kicking in, how the weather is or anything. If it's your job to get the ball through the uprights then you better do it. His two kicks tonight were pathetic, and the second one probably wasn't even good. At this point I can't see placing the blame on D-Sup because if he's getting the ball in place then he's completing his part of the process.

Stairwayto7
08-27-2007, 07:17 PM
Virtually none of his kicks this preaseason have been inspiring. Even the ones he made are ugly *** kicks. A lot of end over ends, line drives, and just flat out barely making it through the uprights.

I know the bottom line is that he is making kicks for us but still, the dude just makes me nervous everytime he steps on the field ! Hopefully he'll erase that as the season goes on because he's all we have.

I could not agree more!

stillers4me
08-27-2007, 07:23 PM
I hope we dont ever get to the point where we need the kicker to win the game for us no matter who we have kicking

We may not need a kicker to win games for us, but a kicker can certainly lose them.

Ibleedblk&gld
08-27-2007, 07:48 PM
his kicks don't make me as nervous as our punt/return game...everytime i see ricardo colclough back to return a kick, i cringe...ever since the one he muffed last year off his facemask...and what was up w/ daniel sepulveda's muffed punt last night? i understand it was a mistake, but damn, that was horrible (sorry for getting off topic)