PDA

View Full Version : Fast Willie Parker

Mike Tomlin
08-25-2007, 10:08 PM
I am a fan of Willie just like the next guy, but the one thing I notice is that he just don't make people miss. Willie has the speed just not the elusiveness. He hits the whole very fast and sometimes just outruns everyone else on the field. Even Joey Porter said that Willie ain't got that shake in him. I hope he worked on it this off season.:2cents:

Steel-Da-One
08-25-2007, 10:43 PM
i agree about his elusiveness. i think he is steadily getting better about being able to withstand hits without going down immediately. hopefully he develops some juke moves along with the added strength.

AZ_Steeler
08-25-2007, 11:33 PM
The thing we need to remember about Willie is he was undrafted... I don't even think we are close to seeing what Willie is fully capable of!

:cope:

BlitzburghNation
08-26-2007, 12:11 AM
The thing we need to remember about Willie is he was undrafted... I don't even think we are close to seeing what Willie is fully capable of!

:ditto:
He's just getting warmed up ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :bigthumb:

WildBillSteel
08-26-2007, 12:57 AM
He hits the whole very fast and sometimes just outruns everyone else on the field.

nothin wrong with that........imo you dont need to juke & jive if all the D sees is the name on youre jersey as you run away from em

Mike Tomlin
08-26-2007, 02:11 AM
nothin wrong with that........imo you dont need to juke & jive if all the D sees is the name on youre jersey as you run away from em

That's cool but what if they see the front of your jersey?

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
------------------------------------------------------------

i agree about his elusiveness. i think he is steadily getting better about being able to withstand hits without going down immediately. hopefully he develops some juke moves along with the added strength.

I've noticed that too, that's what make those long runs happen most times. He hits that whole so fast ,and he runs so strong now that you have to wrap him up to bring him down.

steelersgal86
08-26-2007, 08:21 AM

:iagree: I think Willie will have a great year!! :tt02::tt02:

SteelerSal
08-26-2007, 10:02 AM
I am a fan of Willie just like the next guy, but the one thing I notice is that he just don't make people miss. Willie has the speed just not the elusiveness. He hits the whole very fast and sometimes just outruns everyone else on the field. Even Joey Porter said that Willie ain't got that shake in him. I hope he worked on it this off season.:2cents:

Bettis had more shake and bake than Willie has.:lol:
Either you have it or you don't (elusiveness) it can't be taught. Barry Sanders once said that he did'nt think when he ran it was all instincts.
Now Willie can work on being patient waiting for his blocks to set up and this should help him get to 2000 yards.:bigthumb:

StlersGuy
08-26-2007, 10:22 AM
I just love watching fast willie run the ball..

Mike Tomlin
08-26-2007, 10:46 AM
Bettis had more shake and bake than Willie has.:lol:
:
:lol: Funny but true!

digdug
08-27-2007, 11:26 AM

For once, I agree wholeheartedly with Joey.

steelcitysfinestXL
08-27-2007, 03:24 PM
Um im not too sure if a agree with this... yesterday was on of the first game i have EVER said "Willie has added a lil "east-and-west" to his game" He made quite a few nice cuts last night maybe even a few too many at times. You have to understand, when you posess that type of speed a juke is just slowing you down. Wille needs to be patient (follow his blocks and explode through the hole) and needs to use vision which he showed last night on a nice run on a screen pass. Juking will take away from his best weapon... theres NOBODY who can catch him!!! A simple jab step with his speed can be just as effective as the stop and go type moves Barry and Emmit had!!! Maybe a bad character-guy but go and look at Vick high lights and see how many "Jukes" he used... very few, its all a simple jab step and that when parker (and other speed guys) run best!!!

K Train
08-27-2007, 03:27 PM
no **** lol, ive always said hes blazing fast but not elusive at all, he has a nice stutter step, especially along the sidelines but he runs real strong and falls forward....which makes up for his lack of elusivness

Mike Tomlin
08-27-2007, 04:00 PM
no shiat lol, ive always said hes blazing fast but not elusive at all, he has a nice stutter step, especially along the sidelines but he runs real strong and falls forward....which makes up for his lack of elusivness

Right! The year after the bus he ran with more power and broke more tackles. There were a lot of times last year that he had open field with one guy to beat but he didn't have the shake to get away. If Willie ran behind a line with zone blocking (Denver) he would kill because it's one cut and go!

SteelerSal
08-27-2007, 06:35 PM
Right! The year after the bus he ran with more power and broke more tackles. There were a lot of times last year that he had open field with one guy to beat but he didn't have the shake to get away. If Willie ran behind a line with zone blocking (Denver) he would kill because it's one cut and go!

I love "Zone Blocking" and Willie would be a monster with that blocking scheme. Heck Denver has pumped out a handfull of 1000 yard and even a 2000 yard rushers who would not of started for any other team without this style of blocking. I feel that Terrell Davis would not of been as successful anywhere else.

Mike Tomlin
08-27-2007, 06:52 PM
I love "Zone Blocking" and Willie would be a monster with that blocking scheme. Heck Denver has pumped out a handfull of 1000 yard and even a 2000 yard rushers who would not of started for any other team without this style of blocking. I feel that Terrell Davis would not of been as successful anywhere else.

All of those backs for denver get a boost in stats because of that blcking scheme. The one thing that's crucial for a running back in that offense is vision. The got be able to locate daylight quickly and go! Willie has the speed ,but i sometimes wonder about the vision. Willies speed alone would get him to the Pro Bowl in that system.

Stairwayto7
08-27-2007, 07:06 PM
Willie, isnt LT. he is very , very good. And sickly fast. But he has limitations, and I think he will be fine being Willie! he is not, and will not be our goal line back though, he cemented that last night!