PDA

View Full Version : Faneca Makes SI's Roster Of Greatest Steelers

AZ_Steeler
08-24-2007, 02:05 PM
Link to story... (http://kdka.com/steelers/local_story_235220352.html)

(KDKA) PITTSBURGH Steelers guard Alan Faneca has made Sports Illustrated’s roster of the greatest Steelers of all-time.

He’s the only active player on the list.

Sports Illustrated’s offense includes Terry Bradshaw, Franco Harris, Jerome Bettis and Lynn Swann.

“To be listed with the guys that have come through these locker rooms for this organization in that manner – it means a lot to me,” Faneca said.

His teammates say the distinction is well-deserved.

“He’s one of the greatest for sure in my book no question,” Brett Keisel said.

The recognition comes as Faneca is preparing for what will probably be his last year as a Steeler.

(© MMVII, CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.)
I'm actually starting to feel sorry for Faneca and the way he's been treated by the Steelers :dunno:

TEEMONT
08-24-2007, 02:11 PM
I think he is one of the greatest of all time....period. There are people here who talk **** b/c of what he did (which could have been handled by him better), but no matter what the dude gets it done on the field.

digdug
08-24-2007, 05:02 PM
:hail::hail:Well deserved props for Big Red. We know what we have, but don't know how much we'll miss him until (if) he's gone. He has showed how much of a professional he is by working his butt off even when we all know what his true feelings are.:hail::hail::tt02:

Stlrs4Life
08-24-2007, 07:02 PM
Link to story... (http://kdka.com/steelers/local_story_235220352.html)

I'm actually starting to feel sorry for Faneca and the way he's been treated by the Steelers :dunno:

Now doubt Faneca deseves this distinction. But it works both ways. I can see both sides of the story. There should be a way that they could jmeet in the middle.

Steel-Da-One
08-24-2007, 08:47 PM
he was made the highest payed guard in the league by the rooneys in 1992. inflation is a bitch i guess. he does deserve the honor though. he is the 3rd best lineman ive seen for us in my 30 years of watching the steelers after iron mike and dirt dawson.

BlitzburghNation
08-25-2007, 12:06 AM
Now doubt Faneca deseves this distinction. But it works both ways. I can see both sides of the story. There should be a way that they could jmeet in the middle.

:ditto:

WildBillSteel
08-25-2007, 12:50 AM
nop doubt faneca is one of the best evr but his final legacy in pittsburgh with most fans will be his whining about his contract...........doesnt diminish his accomplishments in my eyes tho

Prosdo
08-25-2007, 05:23 AM
I have to agree he could of handled the situation better. I would like to see him and the Rooneys meet in the middle if possible. I just really did not care for the way he handled the whole situation. Going to the media like that. He probably hurt himself more than he helped himself.

TEEMONT
08-25-2007, 10:36 AM
he was made the highest payed guard in the league by the rooneys in 1992. inflation is a bitch i guess. he does deserve the honor though. he is the 3rd best lineman ive seen for us in my 30 years of watching the steelers after iron mike and dirt dawson.

In '92 he was probably a freshman in high school. I think it was 2002.

SteelerSteve
08-25-2007, 08:18 PM
Well I hope they do get a deal done, I dont know why they wont pay him:dunno: I doubt he'll be here next year but who knows? it could happen:2cents:

steelersgal86
08-25-2007, 08:44 PM

:iagree:

Mike Tomlin
08-25-2007, 11:12 PM

Exactly! Extend his contract another 3 maybe 4 at the most. I feel he's good for another couple of years, I don't remember him having any really bad injuries.Plus the Pro Bowl is like his second home, why not sign him back.