PDA

View Full Version : Bill Cowher Addresses Rumors About His Future

AZ_Steeler
08-23-2007, 04:22 AM
Link to story... (http://kdka.com/steelers/local_story_233235712.html)

(KDKA) NEW YORK Ever since Bill Cowher resigned from his post as head coach of the Steelers, the rumor mill has been working in overdrive about his plans.

Some reports speculated he would sit out for a year and coach another NFL team like the Cleveland Browns or the Dallas Cowboys. Others pegged Cowher to coach a college program.

But in an exclusive one-on-one interview with KDKA’s Mike Zappone, Cowher, now an NFL analyst for CBS Sports, says none of it is true.

“I don’t plan on coaching. Contrary to all the reports that are out there, hopefully this will be something I will enjoy doing here with CBS,” he tells KDKA.

Meantime, Cowher says he’s enjoying playing golf, learning the piano and spending time with his family.

Watch KDKA-TV News at 5 to hear more from Bill Cowher

(© MMVII, CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.)
There you have it straight from the horses mouth! Of course coaches lately have been wishy washy with their intentions but we'll see what Cowher decides next year.

floodcitygirl
08-23-2007, 07:49 AM
I hope he enjoys his new job. It's still hard for me to imagine him coaching for another team, especially if it's in our division.

pitt
08-23-2007, 01:57 PM
I always hated the thought of him coaching a different pro team.

BLACKNGOLD4LIFE
08-23-2007, 02:44 PM
i'm glad he's gone 1 superbowl n 15 years give me an break i hope he goes 2 the browns so we can kick his a--2x an year

SteelersfaninPhilly
08-23-2007, 02:49 PM
Of course he will deny it. Would you really expect him to say I met dan synder for dinner in dc?

ARKIESTEEL
08-23-2007, 03:20 PM
I still see him being a cowboy when Wade flops down there

Aunkster
08-23-2007, 06:04 PM
HE WILL COACH NEXT YEAR>>>>THATS A FACT

Steel-Da-One
08-23-2007, 08:41 PM
I still see him being a cowboy when Wade flops down there

same here. i think jerry jones will be one of the few owners along with snyder that would be willing to pay cowher what he will want. i have a feeling cowher is going to get bored with the analyst job. coaching is a bit more unstable but strikes me aqs the kind of job that gets in a persons blood.