PDA

View Full Version : Can we beat the Ravens?

BlackGold4vr
08-16-2007, 10:10 AM
Great article in steelcityinsider.com today by Jim Wexell. He talks to Alan Faneca and Aaron Smith about the Ravens dominance (58-7 aggregate score, 14 sacks) last year and asks the question, "does this years team have an answer for the Ravens?" Both guys agreed that it was more scheme than anything. We had an offense with a lame duck QB struggling to shake off cobwebbs from a near-death experience, and a defense that was left on the field way too long. Will this year be different? Time will tell.

:tt02:

K Train
08-16-2007, 10:57 AM
yes, yes, yes, yes, yes....and heres the difference maker.....daniel sepulveda lol

AZ_Steeler
08-16-2007, 12:12 PM
I watched the show that was ESPN yesterday that recapped the Steelers 06 season, and I think more than ever now that this team is going to turn a lot of heads this year and people will be asking if anyone has the answer to stopping the Steelers.

:cope:

So yes, the Steelers have the answer for the Ravens this year and will won't even be close!

Black@Gold Forever32
08-16-2007, 01:19 PM
I think I commented the other day that last year why the Ravens dominated the Steelers so much was due to Ben being shell shocked all year and that the offense was to predictable....Sounds like Faneca and Smith agree....The Rat Birds are over-rated.....They also did lose Adalius Thomas....It will be hard to replace all that he brought to their defense....Gay Ray is year older and his game is slipping some....I'm not worried about the Ratbirds...They're still a good team but not a great team...

BlitzburghNation
08-16-2007, 01:32 PM
Not just yes ,,,,,,,,,,:scratch: BUT HELL YES ~~~~ :cabbagepatch:

We need to return the sweeping favor from last year's fluke year !

Mike Tomlin
08-16-2007, 01:37 PM
Not just yes ,,,,,,,,,,:scratch: BUT HELL YES ~~~~ :cabbagepatch:

We need to return the sweeping favor from last year's fluke year !

Exactly!

NOVA STEELERS
08-17-2007, 12:45 PM
YES YES YES............. Put a beat down on the rat birds

SteelersfaninPhilly
08-17-2007, 07:20 PM
We will kick there *** this year. Injure McNair along the way and gay ray look like a bitch.

black an gold 4 life
08-17-2007, 07:37 PM
:tt02:cope::banana:not only can we we will beat the ravens twice this year this is the year the steelers gets the handcuffs taken off of them we will b 12-4 not only will we sweep the ravens but also those bungals an clowns ( like we allways do anyway lol) it's an new day n pittsburgh an breath of fresh air. HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO

Iron City South
08-17-2007, 07:47 PM
I'd just like to know at what point, Wexell, felt that the Ravens have seperated themselves from us and made them such an elite team in the AFC? Surely he's not using last years game against them (a single game in the midst of a fluke season thanks to Cowher) as his barometer of where they are?

BlitzburghRockCity
08-17-2007, 08:03 PM
The ratbirds never did seperate themselves from the rest of the AFC but it was a matter of circumstances of the other teams.

The rats have a good defense, there's no denying it. They scheme very well and expose your weakness as any good defense should. McNair is vanilla any overrated. He can't take off and run any more, he's a pocket passer now but just very good at feeling the pass rush.

The Steelers as 32 and others mentioned just were not in sync all year with a beat up QB, a non existant pass rush and a general feeling on the team that nobody cared for the first 8 games of the season.

The bengals have a good offense but no defense so they ar easily exposed if you get pressure on the QB and/or stuff the run.

The AFCN is wide open between the Steelers, Rats, and Bungals. It's anybody's division and it's a matter of who can stay healthy and who wants it the most but hell yes we can beat them. We've done it before and we'll do it again.

stillers4me
08-17-2007, 09:10 PM
You can bet your Terrible Towel that that is their main goal this year......payback. You just know that the Ravens games were the most dissected films they watched when they were developing the new play book and cooking up new schemes. If Mike Tomlin has anything to say about it.......it will be a whole new ballgame on Ravens day.

Steelers Revenge Tour 2007......begins Sunday, Sept. 9, 1 p.m.

manofsteel
08-17-2007, 09:23 PM
We will kill them. Ben back and healthy, D looking strong as ever, and talented WR on the feild equals and arse kickin of the Rats with wings. Im craving for Raven

KSSteelerfan
08-18-2007, 12:10 AM
Go Steelers!!!!!!! Our chances are very good I feel anyway of beating the ratbirds this year.:cabbagepatch:

BlackGold4vr
08-18-2007, 10:15 AM
I'd just like to know at what point, Wexell, felt that the Ravens have seperated themselves from us and made them such an elite team in the AFC? Surely he's not using last years game against them (a single game in the midst of a fluke season thanks to Cowher) as his barometer of where they are?

It wasn't one game. They embarassed us TWICE by a combined score of 58-7. They collected 14 sacks against us in those two games. We couldn't run the ball against them and we couldn't give our quarterback more than 2 seconds to look for a receiver before he got crushed. Don't remember if it was in the first or second game but Bart Scott came free on a blitz and delivered one of the hardest hits on a quarterback that I have ever seen. Ben said after that game that it was the hardest he has ever been hit in his life! The reason for this thread is that the Ravens didn't just beat us twice last year, they dominated and humiliated us on both sides of the ball. If you had Tivo'd those games you would have wanted to erase them as soon as possible because there was nothing good to take from those games except maybe that nobody actually died. They cannot regain the crown of division champs until they can at least compete with this team. Last year they did not compete with the Ravens whatsoever. They got steamrolled. :scratch:

Stairwayto7
12-26-2007, 10:18 PM
Looks like we were all right!

Stlrs4Life
12-26-2007, 10:24 PM
Some time reporters ask the most dumbest questions.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-26-2007, 11:12 PM
When I saw this thread I was like :wtf: well of course we can beat the Ravens :bwah:

actually having said that and given the fact that we beat them soundly last month we do need to be ready because even though they are banged up and out of the playoff race all records go out the window we they play us. It will be war and they'll try every cheap shot and borderline personal foul that they can get away with just try and get our players hurt so they pump their chest like they're God's gift to the league, like usual.

We better go in there and punch them in the damn mouth again let them know we mean business. Rip their hearts out and show it to em !!

floodcitygirl
12-26-2007, 11:27 PM
We better go in there and punch them in the damn mouth again let them know we mean business. Rip their hearts out and show it to em !!Isn't this the part where someone says, tell us how you really feel?! :lol:

LatrobePA
12-26-2007, 11:53 PM
Their main man running back is OUT, McGayheee broken ribs. So keep Troy in the pocket if he starts and it should be lights out.

Fingers crossed, the above is what I thought going into the Jets game.

Stairwayto7
12-27-2007, 07:28 AM
TG, That is classic!

AZSteelerfan
12-27-2007, 11:41 AM
i seriously believe they need to save the starters for the play-offs instead of going balls out in this game

BlitzburghRockCity
12-27-2007, 11:49 AM
Isn't this the part where someone says, tell us how you really feel?! :lol:

Actually if I did that the swear filter would have to work overtime :lol: the Ratbirds just bring out the best in me :reddevil: