PDA

View Full Version : I was thinking........

Mike Tomlin
08-15-2007, 09:43 PM
The only big signing we had in free agency was Sean Mahan. I guess it's a good deal seeing that he is young. He plays G/C I hear he's a better guard than center. Alan Faneca's Leaving next year, and they are damn near twins. I think Mahan is actually Faneca's replacement. If the Steelers decide to let Okobi go at the end of the season the either Colon or Essex is the C

BlitzburghNation
08-15-2007, 09:46 PM
:scratch: :popcorn: :dunno: :popcorn: :scratch:
"wow'' already thinking of next season & we haven't even played a game this season ~~~~ :popcorn:

Mike Tomlin
08-15-2007, 09:48 PM
Not really thinking of next season I just saw two pictures of him and Faneca and they look damn near just alike. Then I read that he was a better guard than a Center. I feel he was brought in to be the eventual replacement for Faneca.

K Train
08-15-2007, 09:52 PM
uh, wow.....TBs oline sucked when mahan played center, it was more like having 4 olinemen.....essex and colon wont play center ever, essex is borderlining on bust at this point and colon will be our RT...we will draft the top guard/center available next year in the first or second round imo....not sure what we have planned for mahan

Mike Tomlin
08-15-2007, 09:59 PM
uh, wow.....TBs oline sucked when mahan played center,

He played center at Tampa because of injuries. He did pretty good to just come in during the season and go from G to C. Earlier in camp they were saying that Colon could be the next Big center in Pittsburgh. He's not the ideal Rt although he can play pretty well. He looks more like a center or guard, which is his real position.

DIESELMAN
08-15-2007, 10:01 PM
uh, wow.....TBs oline sucked when mahan played center, it was more like having 4 olinemen.....

It wasn't all on Mahan because he played C, they also had 2 rookies starting on the line.

Koopa
08-15-2007, 10:02 PM
yeah i heard mahan sucks complete *** at center from ppl who have seen him play

and when did he go to the probowl??

BlitzburghRockCity
08-15-2007, 10:11 PM
Mahan is a versatile player, that's a big reason why we grabbed him. He can play either guard position and Center. He's a serviceable guy who's valuable to us. I'll admit I was hoping he'd take off at Center better than he has so far but there is still time. If Okobi is our center of the future then so be it, he's been here a long time and it's about time he takes over if that's how it works out.

Mike Tomlin
08-15-2007, 10:25 PM
yeah i heard mahan sucks complete *** at center from ppl who have seen him play

and when did he go to the probowl??LOL! I thought I saw that somewhere. I wasn't sure so I changed it. Anybody take a look at them yet?

Captcoolhand
08-15-2007, 10:59 PM
What ever happen to Marvin Philips that was on our Practice squad? Man, I thought for sure that this kid could push Okobi for a roster spot.

Okobi to me will never be more that a Back-up and if Mahan can't beat him out isn't saying to much, Put him in a different position. but we need a sure fire center that can handle the Job.
How many Centers have we had in the last 20 yrs.....Not to many, but It's sure time for the Next great thing to step up.:yesnod:

Mike Tomlin
08-15-2007, 11:17 PM
Being a Pittsburgh Steeler Center is damn near like a Fraternity LOL!

BlitzburghRockCity
08-15-2007, 11:19 PM
That's the thing about these backup OL's we have in Essex, Kemoeatu, and Okobi. They've all had their chances this camp to win jobs and none of them seem to be stepping up like we hoped they would and taking control of their respective positions.

Okobi is serviceable but not great..atleast not yet. Essex and Kemoeatu show flashes but can't seem to put it all together to win a starting job to date.

Koopa
08-15-2007, 11:35 PM
essex was a bum from the start though, we drafted him like 8 rounds before he should've been drafted, i think he slobbed on some knob to get drafted that high

and okobi hasn't proven he isn't a starter, and it's hard to tell when tomlin keeps playing musical chair with them

mahan is much more suited at guard

and i have no idea about phillips it's probably the fact that the two guys ahead of him are making so much that is pushing him away from getting a legit chance to play

kemoeatu is still developing, and another year will do him good, he's not ready yet to be a full time starter but it's good to have him cause he's young and mean lol

K Train
08-15-2007, 11:37 PM
well he is mean lol, i'd like to see him and colon on the right side lol, i havnet heard **** about phillips, but hes a nasty dude too lol

BlitzburghRockCity
08-15-2007, 11:40 PM
That's one of the things I like best about Kemoeatu is his mean streak and his attitude on the field. He and Colon are very similar and if they both could nail down jobs our right side could be downright nasty to deal with :yesnod:

Simmons is actually a pretty tough dude with a nasty disposition on the field but he's been so inconsistent :nonod: