PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Quarter defense

Mike Tomlin
08-13-2007, 07:23 PM
No one is talking about the new quarter we're runnin. In the first preseason game one time that it was deployed Ike almost picked it off. I saw it like twice in the Packer game. The first one Brett had to overthrow everyone on the field to avoid a pick or sack. The second time Troy almost picked it off. This defense is going to be crucial on 3rd and long. Turnover or punt. I think we'll have a lot more turnovers this year.:banana:

SteelerSal
08-13-2007, 07:28 PM
I remember the plays but not the defense they were in.

I do feel really good by the way the first team has looked. No sacks or turnovers but a whole lot of choas and pressure.:bigthumb:

SteelerSteve
08-13-2007, 08:45 PM
I agree 100% Sacks are great, but pressuring a quarterback into a bad throw can result in ints. The sacks will come this season along with the picks and 3 and outs:tt02::tt02:

Iron City South
08-13-2007, 09:44 PM
My question regarding QB pressure is a simple one ...

Where in he hell has Brett Keissel been?

With all this preseason hype about how he was going to be this "roaming" LB who's primary job is to wreak havoc on opposing QB's .... I haven't see **** yet. :dunno:

Black@Gold Forever32
08-13-2007, 09:46 PM
Well you're answer is in your question its only pre-season...Yea the Steelers are going to tip their hand with everything they plan on doing this year in the pre-season....Come on you know damn well teams run very vanilla type **** in the pre-season....

K Train
08-13-2007, 09:59 PM
keisel was damn near lined up at corner last week lol

Black@Gold Forever32
08-13-2007, 10:02 PM
keisel was damn near lined up at corner last week lol

Did you see Casey drop back against the Pack also train? That was funny seeing that large man down field like that...lol

Come regular season we will see all of LeBeaus crazy shiat he runs...

K Train
08-13-2007, 10:04 PM
no matter how uneffective it really is, dropping casey back really ****s with the offenses minds, there 2-3 lineman that are expecting casey and the QB gets confused with a huge man running in the middle lol....ask carson

DIESELMAN
08-13-2007, 10:13 PM
no matter how uneffective it really is, dropping casey back really ****s with the offenses minds, there 2-3 lineman that are expecting casey and the QB gets confused with a huge man running in the middle lol....ask carson

Can you imagine a receiver catching a ball, turning to run and theres CASEY!!!!!

That will make em think twice...:banana:

K Train
08-13-2007, 10:15 PM
casey would have to be right there and on top of his game because theres not many WR in the league who would have trouble gettin around him lol....but could you imagine lol

Mike Tomlin
08-13-2007, 11:14 PM
My question regarding QB pressure is a simple one ...

Where in he hell has Brett Keissel been?

With all this preseason hype about how he was going to be this "roaming" LB who's primary job is to wreak havoc on opposing QB's .... I haven't see shiat yet. :dunno:

Keisel is the key to the quarter. He's big enough to rush off the line but agile enough to play linebacker and drop into coverage. Then you add Troy to the mix, now you have 2 guys just walking around the line and you don't know what the hell there going to do at the snap..................but they do. What audible would you call for that ...Peyton.

SteelerSteve
08-14-2007, 01:37 AM
Keisel is the key to the quarter. He's big enough to rush off the line but agile enough to play linebacker and drop into coverage. Then you add Troy to the mix, now you have 2 guys just walking around the line and you don't know what the hell there going to do at the snap..................but they do. What audible would you call for that ...Peyton.
Peyton doesn't need an audible, he has a radio!!:lol::bluelol::lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
08-14-2007, 01:50 AM
Did you see Casey drop back against the Pack also train? That was funny seeing that large man down field like that...lol

Come regular season we will see all of LeBeaus crazy shiat he runs...

Only Lebeau would have the guts and insight to run the 34 the way we do. Now he's mixing in the Tampa 2, and God knows what else. Keisel all over the place, Troy all over the place, Lineman dropping back, Linebackers rushing the QB...it's just going to be amazing to watch. I can't wait for preseason to be over so we can see the real Steeler D take over !

SteelerSteve
08-14-2007, 01:54 AM
Only Lebeau would have the guts and insight to run the 34 the way we do. Now he's mixing in the Tampa 2, and God knows what else. Keisel all over the place, Troy all over the place, Lineman dropping back, Linebackers rushing the QB...it's just going to be amazing to watch. I can't wait for preseason to be over so we can see the real Steeler D take over !Amen to that:cope::cope::cope::cope::cope::cope::cope::cop e::cope::cope:sorry, you get the point:lol: