PDA

View Full Version : Capizzi must stay

BlackGold4vr
08-12-2007, 03:07 PM
http://media3.steelers.com/MediaContent/2007/08/11/19/07_GB_0005_79802.jpg

http://media3.steelers.com/MediaContent/2007/08/11/19/07_GB_0001_79799.jpg

This guy is a giant and swallows up his blocking assignments. Gotta keep Capizzi! Look how he makes big men look small. The men he is blocking in these pics are a 245 pound linebacker and a 265 pound defensive end.

TEEMONT
08-12-2007, 03:13 PM
Dude looks like a TE

BlackGold4vr
08-12-2007, 03:19 PM
I didn't get to watch the game yesterday due to the blackout outside of the Pittsburgh area. But I listened to it on the radio (WDVE). On one play the announcers described a running play where Capizzi drove his blocking assignment downfield 5 yards and to the ground, when the guy tried to regain his feet Capizzi knocked him back on his *** a second time. All of the coaching reports from camp also have been saying this kid has got game! :yesnod:

Black@Gold Forever32
08-12-2007, 03:31 PM
I think he should make the team as well...But I'm not expecting him to be great or anything...Not saying that he won't be a very good player....But size doesn't make a great Olineman...Just look at Max "turn-stile" Starks....I will say this I feel more comfortable with Cappizi at LT then Starks..lol Freaking Starks blows at a LT and the Steelers are really screwed if Smith goes down for a length of time this year....

SteelersWoman
08-12-2007, 04:37 PM
r....But size doesn't make a great Olineman...Just look at Max "turn-stile" Starks....I will say this I feel more comfortable with Cappizi at LT then Starks..lol Freaking Starks blows at a LT and the Steelers are really screwed if Smith goes down for a length of time this year....

Max should be ashamed of yesterday's "performance"--I know I was.

I hope Mike makes Max keep watchin looped tape of those smaller guys pushin him around.

BlackGold4vr
08-12-2007, 04:40 PM
Max should be ashamed of yesterday's "performance"--I know I was.

I hope Mike makes Max keep watchin looped tape of those smaller guys pushin him around.

Is SA's biggest fan.....a fan of the Steelers biggest player? :clap:

TEEMONT
08-12-2007, 05:04 PM
Max just needs to get a mean streak about him...he is too ****in nice....

I just wanna see him line up and murder someone...

BlitzburghRockCity
08-12-2007, 05:07 PM
Damn he takes up almost the entire shot :eek: He's raw and needs polished but if he continues to work hard they'll make sure there is a spot for him on the final roster, good OL are hard to come by. Our depth at Tackle is nothing to be excited about at this point so any glimmer of hope about a young prospect is good news. Essex has yet to impress anyone and Colon is definitely battling it out with Starks so having a capable reserve guy is paramount.

Prosdo
08-12-2007, 05:18 PM
Capizzi is a monster. I think with some more work he could be great for this team.

manofsteel
08-12-2007, 05:53 PM
He is a very coachable kid. Hes smart and already is learning fast. With Hacks Barks not doing so well it would be nice to get some depth there.

Mike Tomlin
08-12-2007, 10:26 PM
What I like about Capizzi is that his body isn't straight up and down like Staks. Capizzi is shaped great to be a 6'9" guy. He has good hips which will make him more versatile and give him better movement when smaller guys are trying to run around him.

BRICKTOWN BEAST
08-12-2007, 10:37 PM
Well if you have someone that plays better, someone who's stronger, and someone whos bigger than your starting LT why shouldn't he start. The only reason would be experience but looks like thats a small price to pay to have Capizzi play instead of Starks

K Train
08-13-2007, 12:05 AM
capizzi wont start, he will back up smith, thats if he beats out essex.....RT is between colon and starks (:crossfingers:colin)

BlackGold4vr
08-13-2007, 10:23 AM
capizzi wont start, he will back up smith, thats if he beats out essex.....RT is between colon and starks (:crossfingers:colin)

I believe that battle is all but over and Starks has lost! I don't think there is any chance that the Steelers re-sign him especially if he doesn't even win a starting job. Count on him and Faneca leaving after this year. Colon is much more aggressive and plays with a bigger chip on his shoulder IMO. I don't think Essex will make the team.

BRICKTOWN BEAST
08-13-2007, 02:34 PM
I have a question I thought Colons last name was pronouced like a :
not like mens cologne.

Captcoolhand
08-13-2007, 02:50 PM
I have a question I thought Colons last name was pronouced like a :
not like mens cologne.Nope, it's the Latter: Cologne it the right way to say it.:yesnod:

BRICKTOWN BEAST
08-13-2007, 02:57 PM
ok thanks:greengrin:

SteelersWoman
08-13-2007, 03:16 PM
Is SA's biggest fan.....a fan of the Steelers biggest player? :clap:

Nope--SA's biggest fan isn't a fan of Max lol