PDA

View Full Version : Modified words of wisdom

DBR96A
08-11-2007, 05:14 AM
I'm sure most of you (if not all) have heard the following words of wisdom:

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

My experience as a Steeler fan leads me to believe that that's not always true. If it were, then we as fans would've actually been able to celebrate in the afterglow of our team's Super Bowl win without the rest of the league trying their damnedest to crash the party. I believe the series of events goes a little more like this:

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win. Then they tell you you didn't really win. Then you lose. Then they laugh at you some more. Then they ignore you again. Then you punch them in the face when they least expect it. Then they try to fight back. Then you win again. Then they shut the f*ck up.

Right now we're in the "then they ignore you again" stage. This season's gonna be fun! In the meantime, shhhh... :redcool:

BlitzburghNation
08-11-2007, 05:22 AM
I've always loved when people underestimate our steelers,,,,,,, :bigthumb:

Remember the 5th championship run ~~~~~ :cabbagepatch:

SteelersWoman
08-11-2007, 05:31 AM
Sounds good to me....:D

SteelerSteve
08-11-2007, 09:41 PM
I've always loved when people underestimate our steelers,,,,,,, :bigthumb:

Remember the 5th championship run ~~~~~ :cabbagepatch:
Yeah, and I believe that run started against Chicago, It was my senior year in highschool and this kid kept saying how the Steelers suck and the Bears were gonna kill them, I should have punched him in the mouth, but Bettis ran over Urlacher so that made up for it. muahahahaha:tt02: