PDA

View Full Version : Green Dot on Helmets

Stlrs4Life
08-10-2007, 10:13 PM
You may have noticed the green dot on Ben's helmet last week. That's something new for this year. All QBs will have a green dot on their helmet. It signifies that the player has a radio helmet and the NFL will put the stickers on the helmets themselves each week.

Only a QB can have a radio, and only 1 green dot can be on the field at a time. So, if a 2nd string QB comes in for a trick play, he has to have a different helmet to wear.

This rule sounded silly to me at first. I mean, how often does the backup QB actually go onto the field at the same time as the starter? Not often enough to warrant all this trouble of having the NFL inspect all helmets for radios them mark them with a green dot, then look for that green dot each play in the game. The NFL is so strict about what teams can wear on their uniforms (Plummer couldn't wear a Pat Tillman patch), it seems strange they would alter uniforms for something which seems meaningless.

BUT, what if there were complaints about a certain team putting radios into the helmets of other players, like WRs or RBs? Now, THAT would warrant such a rule. THAT really would give a team an advantage.

Especially a team that likes to use a hurry up type offense, a team that is bothered more by crowd noise than most other teams.

Perhaps a team whose audio visual department has already been accused (and convicted by some observers) of pumping in, or amplifying, crowd noise to create an advantage.

A team that may have won a high profile game recently, making the NFL reluctant to make a public accusation, but instead quietly create a new rule that would stop such a team from putting radios in key players helmets, without accusing them of doing so.

stillers4me
08-10-2007, 10:50 PM
Why......who could you possibly be talking about?????????? :scratch:

The QB of that particular team (:hail:) would never stoop so low to win games.

GoBenGo
08-11-2007, 03:38 PM
You may have noticed the green dot on Ben's helmet last week. That's something new for this year. All QBs will have a green dot on their helmet. It signifies that the player has a radio helmet and the NFL will put the stickers on the helmets themselves each week.

Only a QB can have a radio, and only 1 green dot can be on the field at a time. So, if a 2nd string QB comes in for a trick play, he has to have a different helmet to wear.

This rule sounded silly to me at first. I mean, how often does the backup QB actually go onto the field at the same time as the starter? Not often enough to warrant all this trouble of having the NFL inspect all helmets for radios them mark them with a green dot, then look for that green dot each play in the game. The NFL is so strict about what teams can wear on their uniforms (Plummer couldn't wear a Pat Tillman patch), it seems strange they would alter uniforms for something which seems meaningless.

BUT, what if there were complaints about a certain team putting radios into the helmets of other players, like WRs or RBs? Now, THAT would warrant such a rule. THAT really would give a team an advantage.

Especially a team that likes to use a hurry up type offense, a team that is bothered more by crowd noise than most other teams.

Perhaps a team whose audio visual department has already been accused (and convicted by some observers) of pumping in, or amplifying, crowd noise to create an advantage.

A team that may have won a high profile game recently, making the NFL reluctant to make a public accusation, but instead quietly create a new rule that would stop such a team from putting radios in key players helmets, without accusing them of doing so.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::c lap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
well put, well put.
Wonder who could have been manning the the ilicit radio helmets?

Ambridge
08-11-2007, 03:55 PM
Thanks for the Green Dot info Dom!! :bigthumb:

I noticed the dot last night in the Buffalo-New Orleans game and was wondering what it was about.

SteelerSteve
08-11-2007, 08:35 PM
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::c lap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
well put, well put.
Wonder who could have been manning the the ilicit radio helmets?
Lmao:lol::bluelol::lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
08-11-2007, 08:53 PM
Good stuff bro, thanks for the 411...I was curious about that myself but thought it was just some preseason trial thing.

I wonder how much a certain team is quietly complaining about this :rolleyes:

TampaSteelGirl
08-11-2007, 11:04 PM
I"m kind of dumb..which team? Peyton?

SteelerSteve
08-11-2007, 11:15 PM
I"m kind of dumb..which team? Peyton?Thats my guess, judging from the hints I got from the previous posts.:tt02:

TampaSteelGirl
08-11-2007, 11:47 PM
Thats my guess, judging from the hints I got from the previous posts.:tt02:

ahhhh! thank you.

BlitzburghNation
08-12-2007, 12:14 AM
Thought green dot meant,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :scratch:

Well don't really knmow had too many Kana-Kazi's~!!!$%^*80 -- :haha:

Thought maybe between scrimages they set helmet down & a fordg jumbed
omneto side ofhelmet________----- :haha:

I'm rick jame,,,,,,,,,, Hold my drk[[[[[[[------- :beer3::beer4::drunk::smoking::beer1::beer3::drink up::all_coholic:

I love you guys,,,,,,,,,,,,,5678900@#$%^&89 0_____---~~ :popcorn: :eek:

My --------:greenkick: Ache~~~~~~~ :haha:

dam I gotta,,,,,,,,,, :whiz:

TampaSteelGirl
08-12-2007, 11:26 AM
Thought green dot meant,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :scratch:

Well don't really knmow had too many Kana-Kazi's~!!!$%^*80 -- :haha:

Thought maybe between scrimages they set helmet down & a fordg jumbed
omneto side ofhelmet________----- :haha:

I'm rick jame,,,,,,,,,, Hold my drk[[[[[[[------- :beer3::beer4::drunk::smoking::beer1::beer3::drink up::all_coholic:

I love you guys,,,,,,,,,,,,,5678900@#$%^&89 0_____---~~ :popcorn: :eek:

My --------:greenkick: Ache~~~~~~~ :haha:

dam I gotta,,,,,,,,,, :whiz:

:wtf:

TEEMONT
08-12-2007, 02:15 PM
holy conspiracy theory batman!

Prosdo
08-12-2007, 04:25 PM
:wtf:

Yeah lol WTF is right

manofsteel
08-12-2007, 04:51 PM
I was wondering about that myself. Thanks for the info. Pretty tricky stuff. Good Job Mr Commish.