PDA

View Full Version : Alstott expected to announce retirement.....

DIESELMAN
08-09-2007, 12:37 PM
The A-Train may have made his last run.

Bucs fullback Mike Alstott, arguably the most popular player in franchise history, is expected to announce his retirement later today.

"We'll have an announcement regarding him later today,'' coach Jon Gruden said after the walk-through Thursday.

A press conference with Alstott and general manager Bruce Allen will be held at the team's facility at 2 p.m.

Alstott, 33, has been absent for the past three days from training camp in Lake Buena Vista. Coaches have said he had a 'sore body' and needed some rest. He was not expected to play in Friday's preseason opener against the New England Patriots.

But his retirement is not expected to be injury-related, although Alstott has complained recently of a sore neck. He had surgery to replace a vertebrae in his neck in 2003.

http://blogs.tampabay.com/bucs/2007/08/alstotts-career.html

Black@Gold Forever32
08-09-2007, 12:42 PM
I always liked Alstott....I remember watching him at Purdue and was hoping the Steelers drafted him........But the Steelers made a better move that draft weekend back in 1996.....I think we all can say that little trade for the Bus worked out pretty good?lol

I wish Alstott well in his retirement....

AZ_Steeler
08-09-2007, 12:51 PM
He is like a TB icon in the backfield and it's going to be different not seeing him back there anymore... What will the Bucs do now? Have a good one Alstot!

NO THE STEELERS SHOULD NOT TRY AND SIGN HIM!!!

Black@Gold Forever32
08-09-2007, 12:55 PM
The Bucs have Caddie Williams and his whole TD he scored last year...lol I think Caddie is a talented young back but he better step up....Especially since the hammer is gone from that offense now......

AZ_Steeler
08-09-2007, 12:58 PM
I forgot all about their Caddie :lol: I guess that shows the impact he had on the league last year! :D

Black@Gold Forever32
08-09-2007, 01:00 PM
I forgot all about their Caddie :lol: I guess that shows the impact he had on the league last year! :D

:lol: Only having one TD will make people forget about you...lol I have been getting Caddie as a backup RB in many fantasy drafts due to his only TD last year......He is the 3rd or 4th RB on many of my teams...lol

TampaSteelGirl
08-09-2007, 02:48 PM
Living in Tampa and living on 5 minutes from Raymond James Stadium I have to see these damn Bucs fans but I see more Steeler fans than Bucs fans! LOL!! I loved Mike Alstott and met him personally and he's a really nice guy. I don't blame him for retiring for lots of reasons but last year I remember their last game of the season and it was rumored he would retire, Gruden wouldn't put him in for a play that would have given him a final TD..That *** Gruden kept him out. The comemtators were talking about that. What a way for him to go out by having one last TD before he retired, I'm sure it made him feel bad. I've always hated Gruden, he reminds me of the coach on the movie Varsity Blues, he doesn't care about the players just the game. ***!!

DIESELMAN
08-09-2007, 03:01 PM
The Bucs have Caddie Williams and his whole TD he scored last year...lol I think Caddie is a talented young back but he better step up....Especially since the hammer is gone from that offense now......

You can put some of the blame on Cadillac but a lot of it had to do with a inept OL and a nonexistent passing game. The Bucs pretty much had a ****** offense last year. I'm hoping Cadillac stays healthy and can have a decent year.

K Train
08-09-2007, 05:37 PM
lol i wouldnt want to play for the bucs either.

Everyone was all over caddys nuts his rookie year, him and brown both sucked last year

NOVA STEELERS
08-17-2007, 12:00 PM
If Alstott's is going out, he will be missed...... Was a great fullback and a great person, met him and got an autograph.