PDA

View Full Version : Cowher in NY?

Steelerlyn
08-09-2007, 10:22 AM
http://kdka.com/steelers/local_story_194161304.html

Bettis: Cowher Will Return To Coaching
(KDKA) PITTSBURGH Is Bill Cowher heading to the Big Apple? One of his former players seems to think so.

Former Steelers Running Back Jerome Bettis made the prediction today on the NFL Network: Cowher will return to the NFL next season as head coach of the New York Giants.

Appearing on the NFL Network's "Total Access," Bettis said, "I really think he'll be coaching next year, and I think he'll be coaching in New York... That's my take on it and just thinking about the type of team he fits in good with, the Giants are definitely one."

Before you totally dismiss what Bettis is saying, remember he was the first person to say immediately after the Steelers won the Super Bowl that Cowher would retire following the 2006 season.

Cowher immediately denied the story and he said that he was "disappointed" in Bettis. Of course, we all know by now that Bettis was 100% correct in his Cowher prediction.

Expect the Cowher rumors to continue throughout the upcoming NFL season.

The NY Giants aren't the only NFL team that could be in the market for a head coach. Teams such as the Washington Redskins, Dallas Cowboys, Cleveland Browns, Carolina Panthers and Tennessee Titans could also puruse Cowher.

The only thing for certain is that Cowher will be working for CBS and the "NFL Today" this upcoming season.

BRICKTOWN BEAST
08-09-2007, 10:28 AM
Maybe if he's the coach of the Giants he could start Jarred Lorenzen instead of dumbass Eli Manning. And If Cowher EVER became a Cowboys or a Browns coach I don't know what I would do.

BlitzburghNation
08-09-2007, 10:38 AM
Huh~~~~~ :scratch:

We still talking about our X-coach,,,,,,, :popcorn:

I think the bus needs a tall glass of shut the hell up ~~~~ :greengrin:

No-one and I mean NO-ONE ,,,,,Knows what bills gonna do !!!!!!!

Let him remain retired & lets enjoy watching him on CBS this year -------------------------------------------------------------------------- :bigthumb:

BlackGold4vr
08-09-2007, 11:02 AM

Let him remain retired & lets enjoy watching him on CBS this year -------------------------------------------------------------------------- :bigthumb:

I just hope Bill is not one of these coaches who is super critical of the new regime. Some coaches have troubles relinquishing ownership of their old team and become the biggest critics of the new coaches because they would have done this or that differently. I expect him to give a fair analysis to the team and not question Tomlin or the Rooney's on personell decisions.

As for the Bus talking about Bill....doesn't bother me. He is an analyst now who is being paid for his "football opinions". We shouldn't be too upset with him when he gives them (his opinions). I would love to hear him call a Steeler game. That would beat the hell out of hearing Chris Collinsworth or Sean Salisbury or Joe Theismann. :clap:

BlitzburghNation
08-09-2007, 11:08 AM
He would be alot better announcer for us,,,,,,,,,,,,, :bigthumb:

Because he seems to stick his foot in his mouth alot on NBC !!!!!!!

That's the 4th time he's talked about the steelers & his old coach and none of it was positive :cursin: :banging: :cursin:

Don't get me wrong,,,,,,,,,I've always loved the BUS !!!!!!
But I wish he would stop ragging on our team & x-coach ~~~~ :bigthumb:

TampaSteelGirl
08-09-2007, 03:00 PM

hahahahahahahahahaha! love that!
I'm sure he will coach again but perhaps he will enjoy the non stressful job of just commentating. :dunno:

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
------------------------------------------------------------

He would be alot better announcer for us,,,,,,,,,,,,, :bigthumb:

Because he seems to stick his foot in his mouth alot on NBC !!!!!!!

That's the 4th time he's talked about the steelers & his old coach and none of it was positive :cursin: :banging: :cursin:

Don't get me wrong,,,,,,,,,I've always loved the BUS !!!!!!
But I wish he would stop ragging on our team & x-coach ~~~~ :bigthumb:

I agree!! I was so pissed at him last year for saying negative shiat all the time!

SteelersfaninPhilly
08-09-2007, 08:15 PM
Conversations have been on going off the record with Cowher. To gauge his interest and his price tag to return next season.

DBR96A
08-10-2007, 05:27 PM
If Cowher coaches the Giants next year, will he cancel a practice during training camp so he can take the players to a Broadway show?

AZ_Steeler
08-10-2007, 05:42 PM
If Cowher goes to the giants where does that leave Burress? ;)

DBR96A
08-10-2007, 06:05 PM
If Cowher goes to the giants where does that leave Burress? ;)

Living in his ghetto-fabulous Ford F650 down by the East River.

BlacknGold Bleeder
08-10-2007, 11:36 PM
Cowher who??

SteelerSteve
08-11-2007, 08:51 PM
I didn't like the negative vibe bettis gave out last season either. I know things looked bleak but cmon its your team, you should support it big guy:2cents:

NOVA STEELERS
08-17-2007, 12:04 PM
Alot of talk here that Snyder will pay anything to bring Cowher in to replace gibbs when he calls it quits again............. I will be soooooo Pis'd if that happens, skins fans are obnoxious as it is