PDA

View Full Version : Timmons sent to Philly ...

Iron City South
08-08-2007, 06:28 PM
for second opinion on his groin injury .... Here we go .... Kendrell Bell round #2 ....

Steelers' Timmons to seek second opinion on injury
Wednesday, August 08, 2007

By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Steelers sent rookie linebacker Lawrence Timmons, their first-round draft choice, to a doctor in Philadelphia today to get a second opinion on his troubling groin injury.

Timmons, the team's first-round draft pick, has not practiced in two weeks since the groin was re-injured on the third day of training camp practices at Saint Vincent College. He also missed all of the spring drills after the groin was first hit in his first practice after being the 15th player taken in the NFL draft.

"From what I understand, there's somewhat of a breakthrough there but I'll have more information tomorrow and we'll see where we go with it," coach Mike Tomlin said. "We'll expect him back in town tomorrow. Whether or not he practices or to what degree he practices we'll see in the morning."

K Train
08-08-2007, 06:46 PM
damn you guys just refuse to give the dude time, give him a break and be happy woodley can and is picking up the slack

Black@Gold Forever32
08-08-2007, 07:19 PM
for second opinion on his groin injury .... Here we go .... Kendrell Bell round #2 ....

Steelers' Timmons to seek second opinion on injury
Wednesday, August 08, 2007

By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Steelers sent rookie linebacker Lawrence Timmons, their first-round draft choice, to a doctor in Philadelphia today to get a second opinion on his troubling groin injury.

Timmons, the team's first-round draft pick, has not practiced in two weeks since the groin was re-injured on the third day of training camp practices at Saint Vincent College. He also missed all of the spring drills after the groin was first hit in his first practice after being the 15th player taken in the NFL draft.

"From what I understand, there's somewhat of a breakthrough there but I'll have more information tomorrow and we'll see where we go with it," coach Mike Tomlin said. "We'll expect him back in town tomorrow. Whether or not he practices or to what degree he practices we'll see in the morning."

Well at least Bell had a productive rookie year and a good second year....then the groin injuries happened and Bell was never the same......As for Timmons he can't practice without getting hurt.....:lol:

But lets not bury Lawrence Timmons yet either.....I know I know I have mentioned Timmons in the same breath as Kendrell Bell......But thats just how I am.....I joke and make wise cracks.....But I'm far from giving up on Timmons and hope he comes back soon....The guy has tremendous talent....Its frustrating seeing the number 1 pick not even practicing.....But lets wait and see what happens before making snap judgments...

K Train
08-08-2007, 07:21 PM
you guys are so quick to call bust, he was ****ing crazy at FSU, LB isnt a hard posistion to play, when he gets in there he will shine :markit:

Black@Gold Forever32
08-08-2007, 07:33 PM
you guys are so quick to call bust, he was ****ing crazy at FSU, LB isnt a hard posistion to play, when he gets in there he will shine :markit:

I take it you didn't even read my post?lol Read it and point were I called Timmons a bust.......In fact I havn't called him a bust since his groin troubles...I have made some wise cracks that he has Kendrell Bell's groin but thats not calling him a bust.....I don't make snap judgments on players when they havn't played a down of NFL football yet....

K Train
08-08-2007, 08:44 PM
lol wasnt talking to you, more like the attitude of the forum in general lol

Black@Gold Forever32
08-08-2007, 08:50 PM
lol wasnt talking to you, more like the attitude of the forum in general lol

cool.....:bigthumb: Dude only reason people are making a big deal out of Timmon's injury since he was the first round pick...If he was a fourth rounder it wouldn't even be a issue.....

BlitzburghNation
08-08-2007, 08:52 PM
damn you guys just refuse to give the dude time, give him a break and be happy woodley can and is picking up the slack

:clap: :iagree: :clap:

I'd rather have him on the field 100 % Rather then he'd, Keep on re-injuring
His ~~~~~ :moon:

DIESELMAN
08-08-2007, 09:08 PM
he was ****ing crazy at FSU, LB isnt a hard posistion to play, when he gets in there he will shine

Yeah he was pretty good as a 1 year starter but he's got a lot to learn, especially at the LB position. He still has to learn defensive blocking schemes from the offense, whether its run or pass, blitz packages, coverage (does he cover the TE or the RB or a WR), his awareness will be a big factor on how good he will be also...can he sniff out a draw or a screen pass? So no the LB position isn't hard at all...:lol:

K Train
08-08-2007, 09:15 PM
well its not easy, but at the same time its not a hard transition from college to pro as opposed to more complicated positions...plus hes getting his study time in, i think conditioning will be the only issue....he has the ability and is taking in the mental part...just got to get healthy and put it all togehter

Prosdo
08-08-2007, 09:45 PM
Blah this sucks

Black@Gold Forever32
08-08-2007, 11:25 PM
well its not easy, but at the same time its not a hard transition from college to pro as opposed to more complicated positions...plus hes getting his study time in, i think conditioning will be the only issue....he has the ability and is taking in the mental part...just got to get healthy and put it all togehter

The Steelers defensive play-book is no easy task for rookie to learn also...With all those crazy blitzes and just how complicated the 3-4 scheme can be is challenge for any rookie.....

Koopa
08-08-2007, 11:48 PM
not like he was gonna do anything for us this year anyway, this year is a grooming year for him, he'll play on third downs every now and then and play mainly on special teams............

i know i called him a bum and a bust, but i was kidding as i usually am

so him sitting out all this time doesn't totally bother me cause i didn't think he'd make an impact until year 2

now what worries me is James "china doll" Harrison....... but good thing woodley is coming along fast lol

manofsteel
08-09-2007, 05:04 PM
Well we will see how it unfolds Im nost saying hes a bust either. Im just saying maybe hes nursing this a little