PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Ticker...

AZ_Steeler
08-07-2007, 01:19 PM
I would like you all to decide if the ESPN ticker should stay, go or just be moved to a different location? Normally TG and I discuss these things but since he's not around you all will have the final say this time :bigthumb:

Thoughts?*

*TG ultimately has the final say when he gets back :D

Captcoolhand
08-07-2007, 02:12 PM
I don't know chris, mine keeps telling me there's an error an has kicked me off 3 times already.....Even ask me if I wanted to send it to Microsoft...:yesnod:
I have a slow connection so it might just be me. :dunno:

AZ_Steeler
08-07-2007, 02:22 PM
I don't know chris, mine keeps telling me there's an error an has kicked me off 3 times already.....Even ask me if I wanted to send it to Microsoft...:yesnod:
I have a slow connection so it might just be me. :dunno:

Thanks Capt! This might be something to add as an option then that members can turn off and on from their profile. That way for those who have the slow connections can turn it off b/c it is meant for a high speed connection.

Thanks for the info though.

Black@Gold Forever32
08-07-2007, 02:38 PM
Dude I love the ticker and keep it at that spot.....

Captcoolhand
08-07-2007, 02:43 PM
Get read of the orange and it would be alright.:bigthumb: I hate to think that the clowns colors are over ours.:nono:

ARKIESTEEL
08-07-2007, 02:55 PM
Looks good other than the color

PsychoWard
08-07-2007, 03:13 PM
yeah i like it other than the color:D

AZ_Steeler
08-07-2007, 03:18 PM
Unfortunately the colors can't be changed because it's an ESPN thing so it needs to be branded by them...

Friday133
08-07-2007, 03:27 PM
I like it. But if it would be a problem for users with slower connections, it might be better as an option the user can control.

Koopa
08-07-2007, 04:06 PM
yeah, this thing isn't very dail up friendly, i remeber when i had dial up, and posted on a forum with this, it would slow everything up, and freeze ****...... so i voted it's got to go, mainly because it'll **** up dial up users lol

Captcoolhand
08-07-2007, 05:36 PM
I don't know, I like the concept and it does add things that some of us are interested in but.....:scratch:

How did you get that off with ESPN and not the NFL? I rather see their links then Espn(College ball) Not saying that I don't like college ball. :bigthumb:

AZ_Steeler
08-07-2007, 05:41 PM
The ticker is customizable... there is an image on the top row that is gray with a circle in it. Click it and you can select what you want and don't want to see :bigthumb:

K Train
08-07-2007, 08:28 PM
i think above the banner would be better

Stlrs4Life
08-07-2007, 11:01 PM
Leave it whereit is. People still have dial up? I would throw my computer away before I ever went back to dial up.

Prosdo
08-08-2007, 01:20 AM
I like the ticker where it is. Nice addition to the site.

Steelersfan
08-08-2007, 03:25 AM
I didn't vote. I've always had mixed feelings about the ticker. It kills people on dial-up while at the same time it is nice to have on the site. Personally I think you can come up with a better feed than the ticker that won't kill people on dial-up.
Just my opinion and nothing more. It does look good where it is and doesn't bother my connection.

TEEMONT
08-08-2007, 11:15 AM
Well, I'll go the Koop route on this one......**** people with dial-up.....lol.

AZ_Steeler
08-08-2007, 12:27 PM
Not wanting to push away anyone on dial-up it sounds like the route to go is to make it an option that can be set at the time of registration and anytime there after. The default will be to have it enable :bigthumb:

So far it's a keeper, however I am curious as to why some people aren't for i and don't want it :dunno:

Captcoolhand
08-08-2007, 01:34 PM
Not wanting to push away anyone on dial-up it sounds like the route to go is to make it an option that can be set at the time of registration and anytime there after. The default will be to have it enable :bigthumb:

So far it's a keeper, however I am curious as to why some people aren't for i and don't want it :dunno:I don't mind it but does it have to be on top, can I move it to the bottem:dunno:

Well, I'll go the Koop route on this one......**** people with dial-up.....lol.F*ck you and Koopa!
some of us here are living on welfare and can't afford high speed like you guys.
Thanks you taxes payers that pay my way.......................Can't sail without ya.:bigthumb:

AZ_Steeler
08-08-2007, 01:53 PM
I don't mind it but does it have to be on top, can I move it to the bottem:dunno:
That is actually what I was thinking... if it's on then maybe let you select where you want it to be: top, bottom, somewhere in the middle :dunno: Haven't worked out all the details yet.

Captcoolhand
08-08-2007, 02:32 PM
That is actually what I was thinking... if it's on then maybe let you select where you want it to be: top, bottom, somewhere in the middle :dunno: Haven't worked out all the details yet.
well until you do, is there anyway I can turn it off anf how:dunno:

AZ_Steeler
08-08-2007, 02:35 PM
well until you do, is there anyway I can turn it off anf how:dunno:

Yeah, there is a little red X in the lower right corner of the ticker, although it might turn on every time you load a page... I'll hack it and remove it for you only for now :bigthumb:

Captcoolhand
08-08-2007, 02:47 PM
Yeah, there is a little red X in the lower right corner of the ticker, although it might turn on every time you load a page... I'll hack it and remove it for you only for now :bigthumb:Cool but seriosly that's what you need....Stop it from opening with every page

TEEMONT
08-08-2007, 02:54 PM
F*ck you and Koopa!
some of us here are living on welfare and can't afford high speed like you guys.
Thanks you taxes payers that pay my way.......................Can't sail without ya.:bigthumb:

I get all of my taxes back each year, thanks to being deployed and going to combat zones, so my taxes don't pay for your welfare, since I don't pay them.

But your welcome anwyays.

Oh and Koop didnt say **** people with dial-up, I just said something like he would...thats all.

Koopa
08-08-2007, 04:18 PM
I don't mind it but does it have to be on top, can I move it to the bottem:dunno:

F*ck you and Koopa!

me?? i was backing you up by voting it has to go because it isn't dial up friendly

Forged in Steel
08-09-2007, 03:11 PM
The ESPN ticker was a great idea. I didn't even know you can put those on websites.

Captcoolhand
08-09-2007, 03:51 PM
me?? i was backing you up by voting it has to go because it isn't dial up friendly
I was just messing with you guys.......lol
Serious though, If it doesn't stop raining so I can work, I will be applying for Welfare.:yesnod:

BBG7
08-09-2007, 03:54 PM
I like it...so I voted for it to stay, however, only if the dial up users can still use the site like always. It's not worth losing members, but it is a neat feature.

steelcurtain09
08-09-2007, 05:54 PM
can u get rid of it in the arcade?
it slows my comp down just enough to screw wit my gameplay

BlitzburghRockCity
08-11-2007, 07:11 PM
I hate it

It sucks

It's tacky

It's cheesey

I don't like it one bit

It's going......going......going....

NOT !!!! :reddevil: :lol:

I've always liked the ESPN ticker, you can customize it to see what you want and it's accurate and up to date as well. The fact that dialup users or anyone else can remove it is a real plus. The more ways you can customize SA to make it your own happy place, the better :)

BlackGold4vr
08-11-2007, 07:13 PM
:plus1:

I think most of us are internet savy enough to find ESPN when we want to.....it is just a click away. Get rid of it!

AZ_Steeler
08-11-2007, 09:00 PM
:plus1:

I think most of us are internet savy enough to find ESPN when we want to.....it is just a click away. Get rid of it!
If you don't like it you can go into your user options and turn it off. :bigthumb:

http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/profile.php?do=editoptions

Black@Gold Forever32
08-11-2007, 10:37 PM
I like it and thinks its cool to have the updates up there when I hear at SA....

SteelerSal
08-11-2007, 11:33 PM
I had to turn it off because it slowed up my computer.