PDA

View Full Version : Pager System

Steelersfan
09-09-2006, 02:28 AM
Just installed!

Introduction:
vB Pager is a text-based instant messaging system over your community between members. Users can exchange short & quick messages amongst each other. Unlike the regular private messaging system, the paged user is guaranteed to read your message & reply to it (if you choose this option) instantly & easily.
Features:
Uses AJAX Technology to Send pager messages / Get pager messages / Add & Remove a member to buddy list / Add & Remove a member from Ignore list. (No Refresh Required)
Main Features:
vB Pager Buddy List ‘pop-up’ window is used to keep track of the friends you wish to interact with. By going to your "vB Pager Buddies", you'll be able to see which of your friends are currently online and offline, and be able to send them a pager message. Adding people to your buddy list also allow you to send pager messages to multiple forum members at the same time. You may add any member of the forums to your buddy list by clicking the icon next to their names in the vB Pager Online Members Page or Clicking the Manage Buddies Link to add/remove members into your list.
vB Pager Ignore List ‘pop-up’ window lists are used for those people who's messages you wish not recieve from.
Received Pager Messages are Draggable Inline Popups.
Sending a message opens up a small window where you can type in message to be sent.
Optional Anonymity: you can choose to hide your username when paging another user on the forum, & define which Usergroup can utilize this option.
The window comes in with a built-in character counter to enable the user to keep track of the characters typed.
Logs of all incoming and outgoing pager messages ‘Inbox/Sent Items’ member has, can be viewed and deleted.
Download Stored Messages as XML, CSV, TXT.
Members can turn the vB Pager Off anytime they wish not to receive pager messages, and they can select the option to receive pager messages from those who are in their Pager Buddy List only.

Koopa
09-09-2006, 02:31 AM
good ****, i like this

AZ_Steeler
09-09-2006, 02:34 AM
Just when I think this place can't get any better!!! Awesome feature SF!

BlitzburghRockCity
09-09-2006, 02:35 AM
Yep this is pretty cool. SA and I tested it out tonight and it seems to work pretty well. The popup box lets you know instantly when you get a page so you can chat back and forth with them. It grabs your attention nicely without being too tacky or overdone. It's quicker than PM's when you want to grab someone's attention who's online.

Just another great addition to SA ! :tt02:

Blitzburgh55
09-09-2006, 10:03 AM
Yeah I Know how to use it. Its easy they have it at CB

House of Steel
09-09-2006, 10:20 AM
You guys keep outdoing yourselves. I am so impressed with this site. You guys rock. That is an excellent idea and an awesome feature. I think it is time to recruit some cool people to this growing site.

Prosdo
09-09-2006, 01:40 PM
Seems pretty cool. Nice add guys!

PITT23
09-09-2006, 01:56 PM
Sounds great, I'll def. need to try it out. Anyone can feel free to send me anything at anytime :)

Steelerlyn
09-09-2006, 02:04 PM
I just sent a test to everyone online

BlitzburghRockCity
09-09-2006, 03:13 PM
So far so good, Ive gotten a bunch of pages and everyone seems to be able to respond without issue. I love this mod !

House of Steel
09-09-2006, 03:15 PM
I am trying to figure out how to instant message someone, either I am a dumb idiot or I know I can figure it out.

Steelersfan
09-09-2006, 03:17 PM
Look here HoS

http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/showthread.php?t=851&page=2

BlitzburghRockCity
09-09-2006, 03:18 PM
I just sent you a test page HOS

Forged in Steel
09-10-2006, 12:51 PM
good ****, i like this

I agree with koopa this stuff is awesome!

House of Steel
09-10-2006, 01:11 PM
I am enjoying the pager. This site just keeps getting better and better. You guys rock.

AZ_Steeler
09-10-2006, 02:54 PM
I'm really liking the Pager, I was curious though if there was any way to add an option to delete the msg once it pops up. There is currently an "Allow Reply" checkbox so I'm thinking there mught be a delete checkbox as well???

Yes, I'm one of those guys that needs to go through every peice of e-mail and make sure they are deleted or filed away... This could be one of the reasons my wifes says I'm OCD :dunno:

BlitzburghRockCity
09-10-2006, 03:00 PM
Not sure if that option is available but we'll check it. You can always just click on close in the window to close it out :lol:

Im the same way with emails, I can't stand a junky and clogged up inbox.

Steelersfan
09-10-2006, 03:01 PM
There is no option to do that. Not from what I could see anyways.

AZ_Steeler
09-10-2006, 03:04 PM
There is no option to do that. Not from what I could see anyways.

Thanks for looking into that SF... I'll survive :D

House of Steel
09-10-2006, 03:11 PM
That is why I filter my e mail to the highest security and allow the addresses that I want e mails from. I would like to get you guys' e mail addresses, so sent them to my private message box and I will add you to my address book. I would appreciate it.

Steelersfan
09-10-2006, 03:12 PM
Anytime AZ. Maybe they will update it with something like that.

Steelersfan
09-10-2006, 11:15 PM
I have set the amount of pages you can store as follows:

Registered Users - 100
Top 100 - 200
Bookies - 300
Mods - 400
Admin - 500

Hawk Believer
09-11-2006, 08:00 PM
So was the shoutbox removed in lieu of the paging system?

AZ_Steeler
09-11-2006, 08:00 PM
So was the shoutbox removed in lieu of the paging system?

Nope, it's at the bottom of the forum page.

Hawk Believer
09-11-2006, 08:13 PM
Nope, it's at the bottom of the forum page.
Aha. Apparently I haven't been scrolling much...

House of Steel
09-11-2006, 08:15 PM
That is a Seahawk fan for ya. JUST JOKING :hilarious:

BlitzburghRockCity
09-11-2006, 10:53 PM
Aha. Apparently I haven't been scrolling much...

Sorry bro, you won't find your Lombardi trophy down there. Try again this year :lol:

Couldnt resist that one :bigthumb:

House of Steel
09-11-2006, 10:55 PM
Sorry bro, you won't find your Lombardi trophy down there. Try again this year :lol:

Couldnt resist that one :bigthumb:

There is always someone that does it one better than me. Darn, Matt. That was a great jab. :bigthumb: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:

They aren't going to get it this year either.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-11-2006, 10:56 PM
He's a cool dude, he can take the razzin :lol: That was just too easy to pass up !

Hawk Believer
09-12-2006, 12:18 AM
Touche. But just you remember... The Seahawks cannot be stopped now that we have Deon Branch to solve our problems at left guard and tight end.....:dunno:

House of Steel
09-12-2006, 12:19 AM
Touche. But just you remember... The Seahawks cannot be stopped now that we have Deon Branch to solve our problems at left guard and tight end.....:dunno:

:sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Steelersfan
09-12-2006, 12:20 AM

Why not? He did everything for the Pats. Just ask him.....lol

BlitzburghRockCity
09-12-2006, 12:56 AM
If Deon Branch starts playing offensive line then I'll be really impressed ! :lol:

AZ_Steeler
09-12-2006, 12:10 PM
One thing for sure... Deion Branch it no Troy Brown for NE: WR, CB, and now 3rd string QB! Brown has the right to say he [d]does[.b] do everything for NE!

BlitzburghRockCity
09-12-2006, 12:56 PM
Surprising that I always thought Troy Brown was the *** in the group and the one that would leave before the rest of them but turns out he's got the last laugh.