Marshall, Sheldon, Young, Stephenson, Capizzi, Hughes, Arnold Harrison, Dekker

BlitzburghNation
08-07-2007, 01:03 AM
That'll work~~~~~~ :dunno:

But I think Barlow is making the squad,,,,,,,,,,, :scratch:

Ambridge
08-07-2007, 10:46 AM

It's been noted that Barlow isn't having a good camp and was a long shot to make the squad. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets an early release even before the first cut down date.

ARKIESTEEL
08-07-2007, 10:55 AM
What about Haynes??

Ambridge
08-07-2007, 11:10 AM
What about Haynes??

I think Verron is history.

GoBenGo
08-07-2007, 12:18 PM
I'll throw this out as an early estimate for the final 53 man roster:

OFFENSE:
3 QB
Ben/Batch/Randall
3 RB
Parker/Najeh/Russell
2 FB
Kreider/Davis
6 WR
Ward/Holmes/Cedric Wilson/Washington/Willie Reid/Dallas Baker
3 TE
Miller/Spaeth/Tuman
10 Oline
Smith/Faneca/Mahan/Simmons/Starks
Essex/Okobi/Phillips/Kemoeatu/Colon

DEFENSE:
6 Dline
Smith/Hampton/Keisel
McBean/Hoke/Nua
8 LB
Haggans/Farrior/Foote/Harrison
Woodley/Kreiwaldt/Wallace/Timmons
5 CB
Ike/McFadden/Townsend/Chidi/Gay
4 S
Polamalu/Anthony Smith/Clark/Carter

3 ST
LS Warren
P Sepulveda
K Reed

8 Practice Squad
Marshall, Sheldon, Young, Stephenson, Capizzi, Hughes, Arnold Harrison, Dekker
I'd rathersee Young than Washington:2cents: I am behind the rest though:bigthumb:

DIESELMAN
08-07-2007, 12:39 PM

Damn I hope not...matter of fact he better not make the squad, Russell and Davis are better additions to the backfield.

Tomlin has a little more time to evaluate. Here are the dates for roster reductions.

Aug. 28: Rosters cut to 75 players
Sept. 1: Rosters cut to 53 players

steelerfan11
08-07-2007, 03:50 PM
Do you guys think that Stephenson and Capizzi will be there for the practice squad if they are not on the 53 man roster?

Friday133
08-07-2007, 09:04 PM
Young either makes the roster or he's gone, he's no longer eligible for the practice squad.

Iron City South
08-07-2007, 09:15 PM
No way Randall makes third team QB over St. Pierre. BSP's experience is far to valuable to let go. You remember what happened last year when Ben went down ... and Charlie became "the man" ..... Rooney went shopping for BSP .... while the Ravens were also courting his services.

K Train
08-07-2007, 09:22 PM
Washington>young

chidi....i dunno might not make it again since hes a horrible corner

i dunno, cocface might make it again

dunno about baker

i would like to think stephenson could make the roster

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
------------------------------------------------------------
BSP is a joke, hes an AFC whore....everyone has had him but no one wants him to stay. The other dude would be cheaper too....

I hate BSP lol

USMCVET
08-07-2007, 11:23 PM
1. Barlow isn't eligible for the PS.

2. Cocface (Coot) looks exactly the same NOW as he did the preseason we drafted him. There has been no progress.

3. Young IMO is very comparable to Lee Mays. Flip a coin and hope it falls in Youngs favor.

4. Nate = someone give that kid some "stick-um". I hope the clock strikes 12 and it was all a bad dream. Cause this kid has everything else to be a long term WR.

5. William Gay a "poor mans Ty Law"??????? Minus the speed. (makes Coot a waste of time).

6. Omar Jacobs looked better as a fresh college rookie in preseason last year than BSP does as a 5 year vet. (don't get me started about Omar......I'll save that for another time)

7. ***** Don't forget...... there is always the option to upgrade PS players once other teams trim their rosters down to 53.

Iron City South
08-08-2007, 12:27 AM
BSP is a servicable 3rd string QB ..... the kid is extremely intelligent, has good awareness, fairly accurate, probably the strongest of the 3 arms we have, and in general ... makes good decisions. The only thing he really doesn't have is good footspeed. Trust me, if we drop St. Pierre, someone will pick him up knowing depth of QB's that can actually play at this level just isn't out there.

manofsteel
08-08-2007, 01:30 AM
St Pierre needs to be there. But I agree with everything else, I also think Verron is Gone

AZ_Steeler
08-08-2007, 02:14 AM
I'm in favor of the 3 QB system because you never know what could happen. BSP is definitely a great 3rd option for the Steelers... he's been around forever and is almost a fixture now a days. I'm not quite sure he has the potential to be the second guy if batch ever retires but I really feel comfortable with him as the 3 guy! :bigthumb: