PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Saban's attempt at the challenge?

BlitzburghRockCity
09-09-2006, 02:36 AM
I think it was clear to all of us that Heath was out of bounds on that long TD run but what baffles me is, we all saw the replay long before he threw the flag..yet Saban tried to tell the press that he threw it as soon as his boys up stairs saw the replay :dunno: Sounds like a cop out to me, he hesitated on throwing the flag and then just tossed it out there without even giving the official closest to him a chance to see it. Seems like he's blaming everybody but himself on that missed opportunity to challenge the TD ruling on the previous play.

Oh well, too bad so sad Nick, shoulda known the rules that state the coach can leave the sideline to throw the challenge flag; or atleast done more than gave it a kindergarten toss 10 ft in front of you !

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06251/720163-66.stm

Steelersfan
09-09-2006, 02:41 AM
That was a sad attempt at tossing the flag. It was his own fault for waiting so long. And the whole time I'm sitting there screaming "Kick the damn ball!!!".....lol

BlitzburghRockCity
09-09-2006, 02:47 AM
You and me both I was sitting there in the hotel room screaming and pounding on the chair ! Hurry your *** up and kick it !!

Steelersfan
09-09-2006, 03:10 AM
Haha! I was screaming run!!! run!!! on that pass to Miller. My wife got out of bed and said "are you yelling at the tv?" and I said "You're damn right! It's football season again and we just got the lead back!".....lol
She just shook her head and went back to bed.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-09-2006, 03:20 AM
:lol: fortunately my wife was out at the club with her sister that evening but Im sure the people in the hotel room below me weren't getting much sleep especially in the 2nd half !

She said she was going out so I could watch the game in peace, but she gets to the club and here it was on all the TV's in there anways :lol:

Koopa
09-09-2006, 04:36 AM
yup, the dude screwed himself, no reason to complain it was his own fault for not trying as hard as he could to get the attention of the ref.......oh well his stupidity benefited us lol

BlitzburghRockCity
09-09-2006, 10:08 AM
The best part is, we're 1-0 and already people will be saying we really didn't "win" the game because the refs weren't being "fair" ! Yep must be the NFL season !

SteelCityMan786
09-09-2006, 11:35 AM
I thought everyone shut up on that after the Super Bowl. I think Collinsworth should have told Saban he is allowed to run out and throw the flag that way the refs do see it. We did win the game. NO GAME IS AUTOMATICALLY GIVEN!

House of Steel
09-09-2006, 11:41 AM
Haha! I was screaming run!!! run!!! on that pass to Miller. My wife got out of bed and said "are you yelling at the tv?" and I said "You're damn right! It's football season again and we just got the lead back!".....lol
She just shook her head and went back to bed.

OH Man, if my wife would of heard me do that to her while she was :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: I would of been cussed out and pillow slapped in the face. I also would be sleeping on the couch. I am very vocal on the games. MAN, I was yelling at the computer, KICK THAT CRAZY PIGSKIN OFF YOU IDIOTS!!!

Saban's own fault for screwing himself the game. He should of known better than to do a little kindergarten toss of the cornhole oops I meant a flag. :hilarious: :hilarious:

AZ_Steeler
09-09-2006, 10:31 PM
I think Saban just made a "rookie" mistake by not really knowing what his options were by getting the refs attention. His throw was horrible and half hearted... He also looked very hesitant and wasn't sure if he really wnat to challenage the call or not... definitely a cop out with his comments though!

PITT23
09-09-2006, 10:39 PM
Saban took forever, absolutely forever. Heath was clearly out and you'd think the coaches they had upstiars would have known quicker that it should have been challenged. He damn well knew that the refs weren't going to see it by the way he tossed it and if he knew the rules he's have had his challenge.

I think we'd have scored a touchdown though with 1st down from the two or three yard line. Some analysts seem to think that we werent even going to get a FG and that play lost the game for Miami. It wasn't the poor coverage that let Heath catch it and run the other 78 yards, it was the bad call that gave us the extra two yards.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-09-2006, 10:51 PM
Heath showed some amazing speed to outrun those DB's for Miami all the way for the score...now if he could have just kept his feet inbounds this whole challenge thing wouldnt have mattered :lol:

Steelersfan
09-09-2006, 11:01 PM
I thought he was gonna die at the end of that run....lol That's a long run for a guy his size.

AZ_Steeler
09-09-2006, 11:01 PM
Heath showed some amazing speed to outrun those DB's for Miami all the way for the score...now if he could have just kept his feet inbounds this whole challenge thing wouldnt have mattered :lol:

Heath was super quick! I had no idea the boy was that fast, especially when a DB is going all out and not gaining any ground him! I read a little snippet about Heath becoming one of the great TE's in the league I'm going to post it up here in a minute...

House of Steel
09-09-2006, 11:17 PM
Heath is going to overtake Antonio Gates as the league biggest threat at Tight End. I know Antonio personally from being in a few classes with him at Kent State. Nice guy, but a mega ego at times. Makes you want to roll your eyes at him o' plenty.

AZ_Steeler
09-09-2006, 11:29 PM
Here is the comments I saw on Yahoo Sports regarding Heath, it's not worthy of it's own thread (The Link for this article can be found in the Porter Cowher relationship thread) :

Tight competition
On the subject of the Steelers, second-year tight end Heath Miller showed he could be on the way to stardom at his position after scoring the go-ahead touchdown on an 87-yard reception midway through the fourth quarter. Miller finished with three catches for 101 yards and many observers think he has limitless potential with his combination of size and speed.

House of Steel
09-09-2006, 11:30 PM
SF got me. Like I said, Sometimes I can't clearly read the articles right and then I jump ahead of myself. I understand what your saying, SF. My apologies. My Stuck on Stupid got the best of me there. Thanks for the correction.

Steelersfan
09-10-2006, 02:38 AM
What the heck was they watching? Once again, I think the Chimps wrote that article.

What are you talking about HoS? The Miller article????:dunno:

House of Steel
09-10-2006, 11:11 AM
SF, read the comment above, I edited it. STUCK ON STUPID, my new nickname.

Steelersfan
09-10-2006, 01:22 PM
Oh, ok.....lol

Steelerlyn
09-10-2006, 01:57 PM
I saw Sabin on the NFL Network the other night. He admitted it was his own fault. As AZ says a rookie mistake, it will never happen again:)

:tt02: :banana: :lol:

House of Steel
09-10-2006, 02:02 PM
The NFL TODAY calls it a replay controversy. GOOD GRIEF GUYS, SABAN WAS AN GIRL THROWING THE FLAG!! Sure Miller was out of bounds, but it isn't a controversy when some stupid coach can throw a flag in front of the referee to get their attention. Why didn't he yell at them and say HEY I AM CHALLENGING THE RULING ON THE FIELD THERE?