PDA

View Full Version : All this talk about last night game

Captcoolhand
08-06-2007, 01:59 PM
Has anyone remembered Timmons?.....:lol:

Just two days after he seemed to pull a Bill Parcells and called Lawrence Timmons by the wrong first name, Mike Tomlin is trying to take some of the heat off the Steelers first-rounder. Sure he has missed more than 90 percent of minicamps and training camp since being drafted by the Steelers, but Tomlin wants to point out that there's still a long time till the first real game.

"We still have not played a preseason game," Tomlin cautioned. "We're five [preseason] games away from this thing. He has a lot of ground to make up; he has time to do it. But more than anything, the most important thing is getting him back out there healthy and playing. Until he does that, you really can't evaluate where he is in terms of moving ahead because it's a waste of time. We have to get him back out on the field."(By the way, I'd love to run a photo of Timmons doing something in a Steelers' uniform, but those kind of photos don't exist yet although there are plenty of shots floating out there of him standing on the sideline watching practice.)

The disappointment is that Timmons is already well behind on just getting in the reps needed to get adjusted to the faster speed of the NFL game. With each additional practice he misses it's harder and harder to see him being the versatile inside/outside linebacker the Steelers had hoped for when they drafted him--he might have to focus on one position for this season and try to pick up the additional one next offseason.

Tomlin is wise to try to take the pressure off of his first first-round pick. He was the head coach who was there when Timmons showed up fat and out of shape for his pre-draft workout. He was the coach that Timmons' agent Drew Rosenhaus told "don't worry he'll be in shape by minicamp (http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/category/steelers/2007/03/15/mike-tomlin-spotted-at-fsu-pro-day/)." Tomlin then went out and picked Timmons, only to be rewarded by having the first-round pick miss nearly every practice since then.Fat and out of shape.....Does LenDale White come to mind anyone.

Black@Gold Forever32
08-06-2007, 02:19 PM
No since I don't think Timmons is a lard *** like White....I just think Timmons does need to work on his conditioning some.....I hope now they let him get 100 percent healthy and he gets healthy soon....It would be nice to see him out there...

BlackGold4vr
08-06-2007, 03:05 PM

Fat and out of shape.....Does LenDale White come to mind anyone.

Give the guy a chance. We have 2 starting linebackers who are near the downsides of their careers.....Haggans and Farrior. Now before you jump on me I still think both guys can contribute for a couple more years. Timmons will be a big part of the Steelers future linebacking corps. I am glad that we still have the quality players that his absence isn't an emergency for us. I am willing to bet that 5 years from now you will be hoping the Steelers can re-sign him. Lots of players around the league suffer groin pulls and it is an injury that cannot be rushed to heal. Playing too soon risks injuring it worse than it was in the first place. He will contribute this year........be patient.

memphissteelergirl
08-06-2007, 03:10 PM
Give the guy a chance. We have 2 starting linebackers who are near the downsides of their careers.....Haggans and Farrior. Now before you jump on me I still think both guys can contribute for a couple more years. Timmons will be a big part of the Steelers future linebacking corps. I am glad that we still have the quality players that his absence isn't an emergency for us. I am willing to bet that 5 years from now you will be hoping the Steelers can re-sign him. Lots of players around the league suffer groin pulls and it is an injury that cannot be rushed to heal. Playing too soon risks injuring it worse than it was in the first place. He will contribute this year........be patient.

:plus1:
Well said!

DIESELMAN
08-06-2007, 03:34 PM
He will contribute this year........be patient.
Even if he doesn't contribute this year, its all good. He wasn't drafted to be a starter anyways, maybe ST's. Like you said John, groin injuries take time to heal, look at Hines last year, he came back to soon and wasn't right most of the way. Plus White was a fatass and lazy coming outta college and everybody knew it.

BlackGold4vr
08-06-2007, 04:03 PM

Fat and out of shape.....Does LenDale White come to mind anyone.

Things could always be worse! Check out this story......

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) -- Denver Broncos first-round draft pick Jarvis Moss injured his left knee during 1-on-1 pass-rush drills Monday and was taken off the field for medical tests.

The Broncos were awaiting results of an MRI exam and holding out hope he wasn't seriously hurt.

Wasn't that a guy who was discussed extensively here on this site as someone we might want?

Groin pull.......or knee injury. Which would you prefer?

manofsteel
08-07-2007, 11:57 PM
True groinpulls are tough to deal with and your right we want him 100 percent. I jsut hope hes not taking advantage of a paycheck and getting to lazy and out of shape. I mean maybe he cant take reps but he should still be doing something to keep him busy other than jsut watcking the other guys