PDA

View Full Version : Member Spotlight: SteelersWoman

AZ_Steeler
08-06-2007, 01:34 PM
Steeler Addicts Member Spotlight:
SteelersWoman

Member Spotlight Questions:

How long have you been a Steeler fan

I have always rooted for the Steelers even when I didn't understand football. Of course, understandin it better helps! :greengrin: But I REALLLLY got into football the beginning of our '05 season--first game--long before I knew we'd become that year's champs. My oldest son is the one who began explaining it all to me, and he did it very well--my Dad was never good at explaining things, bless his heart :lol:

What made you become a fan of the Steelers

I live right across the river from Pittsburgh, and in this area, all you hear is Steelers. You see their stuff EVERYwhere (even in doctor's offices!). All my extended family roots for them...and I always thought their colors were great. Besides--all our local news carries info on the Steelers, and Cinci and Cleveland are so far away from me, that I felt no "connection" to them even though I'm an Ohioan--so I really never gave any thought to rooting for anyone else.

Who is your favorite Player currently on the Steelers roster

I can't narrow it down to just one, but my "short" list is Troy, Ben, Hines, and Willie (with Santonio moving up quite rapidly).

Why are they your favorite player.

They all give it everything they've got, and they keep tryin even when everything's goin wrong. They are all extremely talented. Troy seems like such a humble man--even though he's considered one of the greats, Hines has a smile that could melt ice, Ben doesn't act like a maniac when he throws badly (like Carson, Peyton, or Tom) so he's a good sport, but you "know" he's thinkin I don't wanna do THAT again...

Who is your favorite Steeler of the past.

The Bus (in "my" time) and Rocky from the way past. Rocky embodied everything the Steelers represent to me, and he's hilarious to listen to in interviews lol

What is your favorite Steelers memory

The last few minutes of our '05 game against Indy. I don't think I've ever been through such a roller coaster of emotion during a game...

What is your favorite sport to watch other than football

There's other sports? Well, once in a great while I'll watch the olymics (certain parts like the gymnastics and ice skating competitions, but it's been awhile).

How did you find Steeler Addicts

Through you lol You had posted in another place, and left this link--the rest is history! :bigthumb: (Thanks again AZ--don't know what I ever did before findin this place...)

Sum up your thoughts on Steeler Addicts in a few sentences.

It's the best place on the web--it's got everything I'm interested in--talk about the Steelers, arcade games, and trivia :D

What do you do for a living.

I'm a homemaker. Before that I've held various jobs... nurse's aide, worked in a carry-out, data entry, etc.

What is one thing that might surprise people to know about you.

I've never been a tomboy, but I WAS quite a daredevil when I was younger. I was of the mindset that if someone else could do it, then so could I lol I was very good at ATVing, and when a kid, I took sled-riding and bike riding to new heights. We'd build ramps of ice/snow to about 4 feet high, pour water over the top, then go downhill on a sled standing up and hit that ramp...

What is one thing that everybody knows you for.

I'm nice ( 99% of the time). I guess we can all have our off days/moments lol

What kind of car or truck do you drive.

Ford/Mercury Grand Marquis

If you could change 1 thing about yourself what would it be.

My body. I used to be healthy, but I've had some health things that have taken a toll--especially in the last 3 years.

What are your hobbies & interests outside of posting on SA?

My family--they're my life. Then there's PC games that I love like chuzzle that I got for mother's day...I also like some of the reality shows such as Ice Road Truckers, Deadliest Catch, and I love designing and food competition shows.

Favorite TV show

Right now, Ice Road Truckers.

Favorite video games

I liked the old Sega Genesis stuff.

Does your family enjoy watching football with you or do they run and hide when the game is on.

They like watchin with me.

What type of Steelers game day rituals do you do ?

We always have hot wings, and I always get either a Steeler jersey or hat on--have to be touchin SOMEthin Steeler related...:tt02:

Your favorite gametime food & beverage.

The hot wings and iced tea. Sometimes we'll add pizza to it if there's gonna be a double-header.

How many Steeler games have you attended in your lifetime.

Unfortunately, none. But I hope to some time before I die! lol

Three Rivers Stadium or Heinz Field ?

Heinz because that's the only one I "know".

Immaculate Reception or "The Tackle"

The Tackle. Although I've seen the clips of the Immaculate Reception many times--it's just that there was such controversy over whether it really WAS a catch or not that it ruined it for me.

Thanks for your time SteelersWoman!!! :cope: It's always great to get to know the members better :bigthumb:

steelersgal86
08-06-2007, 01:41 PM
Very nice interview...:tt02::tt02: I like the shows you watch...:tt02::tt02:

floodcitygirl
08-06-2007, 03:05 PM
Great to learn a little more about you SteelersWoman. Good job! :bigthumb:

BBG7
08-06-2007, 03:40 PM
great interview. I love reading this section!

Prosdo
08-06-2007, 04:18 PM
Very nice interview

PsychoWard
08-06-2007, 04:39 PM
very nice read!!!!

BlitzburghNation
08-06-2007, 09:22 PM
Very nice interview ~~~~~~~~ :clap::clap::clap:

Didn't know we had something in common besides our steelers,,,,,,:scratch:

Favorite TV show

Right now, Ice Road Truckers.

That's my favorite show also ~~~~~~ :bigthumb:

BlacknGold Bleeder
08-06-2007, 11:27 PM
Thanks for sharing !! good read !!

Bucsfan4ever
08-07-2007, 10:58 AM
Great interview!! That Ice Road Truckers show is flat amazing!!

Stlrs4Life
08-07-2007, 11:15 PM
Great read, I also like Ice Road Truckers.

Steelersfan
08-08-2007, 03:27 AM
Great spotlight SW!

manofsteel
08-12-2007, 07:14 PM
Great interveiw. THats awesome that you like Ice road TRuckers. I like everytihin on the History Channel. Hot WIngs are good too.

TEEMONT
08-12-2007, 07:52 PM
nice read......

BlitzburghRockCity
08-12-2007, 10:50 PM
Great read SW, thanks for sharing with us !! :cope:

SteelersWoman
08-14-2007, 03:32 PM
Thanks for all the nice responses!

It's just a shame that this upcoming episode of Ice Road Truckers will be the last one...sure hope they do it again next year!

steelersgal86
08-15-2007, 07:14 AM
Thanks for all the nice responses!

It's just a shame that this upcoming episode of Ice Road Truckers will be the last one...sure hope they do it again next year!

I agree!!! I got really hooked on that show!! :bigthumb:

Steelerlyn
08-18-2007, 10:45 PM
Very nice read, Marc!