PDA

View Full Version : Joey Porter had to go

BlackGold4vr
08-06-2007, 11:10 AM
I was a huge Joey Porter fan and I still am. I hope he has lots of success in Miami except when they play us. :lol:

I believe that Joey had to go for a couple of reasons, none of which were his play. I think Joey can still bring it!

1. Joey was Bill Cowher's adopted son......those two were tight. I don't think Tomlin wanted someone in his camp whose loyalties lied with someone else.

2. As pointed out by the pre-game commentary last night, Joey was the emotional leader of the team. He was the heart! He was the guy that people looked to when the chips were down. I believe that Tomlin wants to be the one his players look to.

Getting rid of Porter insured that there wouldn't be 2 camps within the team and unified the team IMHO. Somebody will eventually step up and be the emotional leader of this team. Tomlin just made sure that it will be one of his boys and not one of Cowhers. I think it was a good move. Time will tell.

ARKIESTEEL
08-06-2007, 11:11 AM
Never heard of him:dunno::scratch:

does he play football????

no realy I hated to see him go but I dont think there will be a fall off :bigthumb:

AZ_Steeler
08-06-2007, 11:18 AM
That is a pretty good insight into the whole matter and I never thought of it. It makes sense though and I can see that being the reason. I don't know if Joey would have actually divided the team but I don't think I would have wanted to find out :D

Black@Gold Forever32
08-06-2007, 11:18 AM
I was a huge Joey Porter fan and I still am. I hope he has lots of success in Miami except when they play us. :lol:

I believe that Joey had to go for a couple of reasons, none of which were his play. I think Joey can still bring it!

1. Joey was Bill Cowher's adopted son......those two were tight. I don't think Tomlin wanted someone in his camp whose loyalties lied with someone else.

2. As pointed out by the pre-game commentary last night, Joey was the emotional leader of the team. He was the heart! He was the guy that people looked to when the chips were down. I believe that Tomlin wants to be the one his players look to.

Getting rid of Porter insured that there wouldn't be 2 camps within the team and unified the team IMHO. Somebody will eventually step up and be the emotional leader of this team. Tomlin just made sure that it will be one of his boys and not one of Cowhers. I think it was a good move. Time will tell.

I agree Joey had to go and agree on the reasons you mentioned....I do think his play slipped some last year.....When our DEs had more QB pressures then the OLBs last year that means the OLBs were not getting the job done period....

I'm still a huge Joey fan and wish him well....But it was time to move on......

SteelersfaninPhilly
08-06-2007, 01:15 PM
Glad to see that pos is gone. Porter was on the downside of his career. We got rid of him at the right time. Reports out flordia say porter got a damaged knee.

Captcoolhand
08-06-2007, 01:24 PM
Glad to see that pos is gone. Porter was on the downside of his career. We got rid of him at the right time. Reports out flordia say porter got a damaged knee.
Ya and it couldn't have happened at a better time.....:lol:
Well, He did have a bad knee with us but I'm glad he waited to go somewhere esle to get paid before he decide to set out and get that leg look at.:yesnod::bigthumb:

DIESELMAN
08-06-2007, 04:23 PM
Joey Porter (knee) will have his injured right knee evaluated after missing two straight days of practice.

Tomlin had to make this his team, plus its a good thing that Whiz and Grimm left when they did or they would be in the soup line. I seriously doubt Tomlin would've kept those 2 either.

SteelersfaninPhilly
08-06-2007, 06:04 PM
Now Porter potty is going to see dr. Andrews....

Ambridge
08-06-2007, 06:45 PM
With Joey's questionable-possibly significant knee injury this could end up being a Genius move by the Steelers letting him go. While on the other hand the Dolphins get "Squat" for all that money they shelled out.

BlitzburghNation
08-06-2007, 08:15 PM
Most of the time our Manager's drop players at the right time and as for Joey
I loved his play on the field but I really got sick of his Bull sheet mouth off it
and I cannot stand a bunch of smack talking :popcorn:

IMO he went a little overboard last year and I believe that is part of the reason he's not here !