PDA

View Full Version : Big Bad Ben

SteelerSteve
08-06-2007, 12:58 AM
Oh my gosh!!! I know he only played one series, but is anyone else as excited as me for how Ben played tonight? I was so pumped on his first pass and cant wait for the regular season:tt02::tt02: I dont want to jinx him by making an early prediction(even though I have previosly in the off-season:lol::bluelol::lol:) but I see a BIG year for BIG Ben:tt02::tt02::tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
08-06-2007, 01:17 AM
I was mainly excited just to see him healthy and back on the field again. He hit Cedric in stride on that long play and even though he had limited game time tonight he seemed to be confident.

I'm anxious to see what he does next week when he'll get atleast a few series under his belt.

floodcitygirl
08-06-2007, 01:38 AM
I was just glad to see him looking healthy and relaxed again. I don't know what his weight is but he looked to not be quite as chunky as he has been but not as thin as he got last year......I think juuuuust right. :tt02:

SteelersWoman
08-06-2007, 04:49 AM
It was so awesome to see them tonight!

We definitely have a few kinks to work through-- but overall--we were MUCH better prepared than the Saints!

Prosdo
08-06-2007, 05:19 AM
He looked sharp out there.

steelersgal86
08-06-2007, 09:05 AM
Yeah...It was just nice to see him out there...He looked great!!! :tt02::tt02:

DIESELMAN
08-06-2007, 09:30 AM
He looked really smooth in the pocket, like it was the middle of the season. His play action on the deep pass to Wilson was really nice. :bigthumb:

kgreen
08-06-2007, 09:55 AM
Well......we have a long way to go. Ben looked good and.....................So did Cedric! I thought he sucked. I also thought the defense looked very good.

PsychoWard
08-06-2007, 10:12 AM
yeah ben looked very confident for the time that he was in. just seeing if in there was nice i can't wait for the regular season!

Iron City South
08-06-2007, 10:38 AM
What I saw from Ben is a QB who is MUCH more comfortable in this new system than the old one. After listening to several interviews this past weekend, it sounds like he digs Tomlin much more than Cowher. At times, Ben sounded like his relationship with BC was very strained.

AZ_Steeler
08-06-2007, 11:02 AM
:woot: So far Ben has made it to camp in one piece and hasn't had any surgeries planned or unplanned... yet! ;)

Ben was awesome in his limited playing time and looked to be in mid season form :bigthumb: There is still a long way to go let's just hope he keeps it up!

GoBenGo
08-06-2007, 12:01 PM
Ben looked as good as you could want him to look at this point. Probably better!! Strong, Confident. Step 1 accomplished

ARKIESTEEL
08-06-2007, 12:06 PM
Ben has always been good at the play action.........glad he didnt take any hard shots...the o line played well

GoBenGo
08-06-2007, 12:26 PM
gonna be a good year:crossfingers:

Mach1
08-06-2007, 01:17 PM
Ben looked good and comfy out there, as long as the front line can give him time this year and not turn into human turnstiles and get him killed.

Hawk Believer
08-06-2007, 03:04 PM
It feels to me like this could a crossroads year for Ben that will define the tone of the rest of his career.

memphissteelergirl
08-06-2007, 04:12 PM
Ben looked good and comfy out there, as long as the front line can give him time this year and not turn into human turnstiles and get him killed.

Man, have you got THAT right! :yesnod:

Stairwayto7
08-06-2007, 07:31 PM
Ben, it seems to me, plays well when very confident. I know most players probably do, but Ben seems to feed more off of playing well, and has a harder time than most getting out of a slump. So him playing well, should bode well for upcoming gam,es

BlitzburghNation
08-06-2007, 08:46 PM
I missed the game ,,,,,,,,,,:banging::cursin::banging:

But i was listening to it on SIRIUS ~~~~ :cabbagepatch:

Man when Ben threw that bomb & we marched on into the endzone
I pounded my chest and swerved on the road while driving and also got a few
Terrible Towel Goose bumps :tt02:

Just remember, I've been saying this a long time now,,,,,,,,,,,,:scratch:
COMEBACK PLAYER OF THE YEAR``````Big Ben :cabbagepatch:

AZ_Steeler
08-07-2007, 02:06 AM
Ben, it seems to me, plays well when very confident. I know most players probably do, but Ben seems to feed more off of playing well, and has a harder time than most getting out of a slump. So him playing well, should bode well for upcoming gam,es

I know what you're saying... when he is confident or has his back against the wall and needs to lead his team down the field you can almost always count on him because he delivers! There is something about him and I'm not just saying that because I'm a fan. Putting all colors aside and watching him as a critic when he is under pressure and the game is on the line Big Ben is at his best! :bigthumb:

RckyMtnStlrFan
08-07-2007, 02:59 AM
I was thoroughly impressed with Big Ben. He had 3 of 3 perfect passes (one dropped). On the record, he had 2 of 3 perfect passes. I know it was just one series, but I'm excited about what I saw with Ben, the line and the receivers (especially Wilson, who woulda thunk it?!). He looked comfortable and completely in control. I think/hope he will be able to continue this throughout the year.

I also thought the rest of the team played well. The second and third team offense and defense played pretty well(with the exception of Fife's TD drive). Overall it was a good day and gives reason for Steelers fans everywhere to be optimistic.

I do wish we could've seen some more of that TE use we've all been hearing about though.

If we could just get Reid to HOLD ON TO THE BALL!!! we'll be ok this year.:2cents:

SteelersWoman
08-07-2007, 05:24 AM
...I'm excited about what I saw with Ben, the line and the receivers (especially Wilson, who woulda thunk it?!).

I KNOW!! I do (did) NOT wanna like Wilson--I don't know what it is about him, but there's just somethin that doesn't sit well with me. But he DID do well in that game, so I'll give credit where it's due :clap:

I do wish we could've seen some more of that TE use we've all been hearing about though.

Maybe they don't wanna give away too many plays in the pre-season--you know, keep some plays back for the regular season that other teams won't be able to prepare for? But I'd like to see some myself :bigthumb:

If we could just get Reid to HOLD ON TO THE BALL!!! we'll be ok this year.:2cents:

Looks like we need NATE to HOLD ONTO THE BALL too! That kid is gonna drive me to drink.

GoBenGo
08-07-2007, 11:28 AM
I know what you're saying... when he is confident or has his back against the wall and needs to lead his team down the field you can almost always count on him because he delivers! There is something about him and I'm not just saying that because I'm a fan. Putting all colors aside and watching him as a critic when he is under pressure and the game is on the line Big Ben is at his best! :bigthumb::clap:
I truly believe we have something special in Big Ben. This is how dynasties start. Secure him with the talent he deserves around him.

I LOVE THIS GAME

DBR96A
08-07-2007, 11:58 AM
:clap:
I truly believe we have something special in Big Ben. This is how dynasties start. Secure him with the talent he deserves around him.

I LOVE THIS GAME

But I thought we've already surrounded him with so much talent that went 6-10 the season prior to his arrival that he was literally carried to a Super Bowl victory by the refs! :lol:

And apparently we've lost all our talent since! Who knew that Jerome Bettis, Chris Hope, Antwaan Randle El and Joey Porter were the only talented players on a team loaded with talent that enabled the refs to carry Ben Roethlisberger to Super Bowl glory in spite of finishing 6-10 the year before his arrival! (I mean the team loaded with talent finished 6-10, not the refs. Sorry.)

Jerome Bettis must've had the hand of God or something, in order to make such hacks like Roethlisberger, Willie Parker, Hines Ward, Casey Hampton, Aaron Smith, James Farrior and Troy Polamalu look any good.

floodcitygirl
08-07-2007, 12:13 PM
But I thought we've already surrounded him with so much talent that went 6-10 the season prior to his arrival that he was literally carried to a Super Bowl victory by the refs! :lol:

And apparently we've lost all our talent since! Who knew that Jerome Bettis, Chris Hope, Antwaan Randle El and Joey Porter were the only talented players on a team loaded with talent that enabled the refs to carry Ben Roethlisberger to Super Bowl glory in spite of finishing 6-10 the year before his arrival! (I mean the team loaded with talent finished 6-10, not the refs. Sorry.)

Jerome Bettis must've had the hand of God or something, in order to make such hacks like Roethlisberger, Willie Parker, Hines Ward, Casey Hampton, Aaron Smith, James Farrior and Troy Polamalu look any good.Have you been hanging around too many whiny Bengal fans????!!!!! You have no idea how many times I've heard that drivel. :blah::blah::blah: :lol:

WildBillSteel
08-07-2007, 12:40 PM

Jerome Bettis must've had the hand of God or something, in order to make such hacks like Roethlisberger, Willie Parker, Hines Ward, Casey Hampton, Aaron Smith, James Farrior and Troy Polamalu look any good.

lol great post - well said! :bigthumb:

GoBenGo
08-07-2007, 12:59 PM

:nono: Man, your way off. Yes there was talent then , obviously. All we can ask, as fans, is that the powers that be make good decisions on signing and keeping a stable of athletes for long term success.
I love the Steelers, not just because they are good, but for what they represent. Hard work, determination, humility, and that joe lunchbox attitude that reflects the integrity of what this nation was built on. 4 Coaches, 1 owner, no expansion team, no controverted history, no scandal, no vicks, and no T.O's!. Good people with good values.:tt02:
Sign and secure that talent ( now, then, whenever) and you build that foundation

DBR96A
08-07-2007, 01:19 PM
In case some of you didn't realize, my post was supposed to be sarcasm. :banging:

GoBenGo
08-07-2007, 01:24 PM
yep , I get sarcasm. that wasn't my point, which you missed,

...twice. thankx for playing Nate.

floodcitygirl
08-07-2007, 01:25 PM
In case some of you didn't realize, my post was supposed to be sarcasm. :banging:I assumed it was sarcasm......what's funny to me is that you exact quoted conversations I've had around here in Cincy! Good one! :clap: :lol:

AZ_Steeler
08-07-2007, 01:25 PM
In case some of you didn't realize, my post was supposed to be sarcasm. :banging:

:bigthumb: I got a good laugh out of it! :D I think the underlying fact that allowed the Steelers to win the SB was The Bus had the hand of God! ;)

GoBenGo
08-07-2007, 01:33 PM
I assumed it was sarcasm......what's funny to me is that you exact quoted conversations I've had around here in Cincy! Good one! :clap: :lol:
I hear the same things from the tissue toters here in Philly. you get tired of the same crap arguements, makes one get defensive
me get coffee, me feel better
. Hey we are all fans who love our teams.:tt02:

manofsteel
08-08-2007, 01:20 AM
I know its only one sereis but Ill say he looked healthy, cmfortable, poised, in shape and READY TO ROCK WOOOOOOW