PDA

View Full Version : Wilson backs up his whining...

TEEMONT
08-06-2007, 12:30 AM
Cedrick Wilson looked pretty good early on tonite. I know we have a few haters (more now since he whined to the press, which worked), but I think he made a statement tonite.

steelersgal86
08-06-2007, 12:31 AM
Cedrick Wilson looked pretty good early on tonite. I know we have a few haters (more now since he whined to the press, which worked), but I think he made a statement tonite.

:iagree: I think he looked really good...

BlitzburghRockCity
08-06-2007, 12:32 AM
Yeah he did, he showed up tonight with some big plays. He maximized his chances; now if he can just quit his bitching... If he continues to make plays like that he's going to beat out Nate for sure for that 3rd WR spot because he (nate) didn't look good at all this evening.

USMCVET
08-06-2007, 12:40 AM
Wilson 4 for 99 yds. Not too bad!!! Looks to be worth his $1.9 mill.

Nate 0 for 2.

And Reid, 4 touches with 2 fumbles. UGH!!

Nate and Reid should be worried about Walter Young.

Nate's gotta stop palling around with Ike. Maybe he'll start catching some balls.

SteelerSteve
08-06-2007, 01:02 AM
I have never had a problem with wilson, but I have to admit I'm liking what I'm seeing so far, as long as he makes plays he's a welcome addition to this team imo:tt02::tt02:

Black@Gold Forever32
08-06-2007, 01:02 AM
Yea Wilson looked solid tonight...Hopefully he continues to make the plays during the regular season.........But this was a first nice step.......As for Nate Washington...I like the kid and think he has some talent...But two drops....Come on Nate I know you can do better......lol

BlitzburghRockCity
08-06-2007, 01:15 AM
Nate had trouble last year with consistency...he'd make some wicked cool circus catch and follow it up with a couple drops right between the numbers.

Prosdo
08-06-2007, 05:22 AM
Ced looked really good tonight. I must say I'm really disappointed with Nate. I really like him, but the drops were horrible.

Iron City South
08-06-2007, 08:40 AM
Way too much criticism for Ced on this board. The dude is a "gamer" ... .he wants some action! You can't blame a WR for that ....

Ced runs excellent routes, has great hands, and is money in clutch situations. You can't ask for anything more than that from your #3 guy. I think Ced will flourish under the new Bruce Arians system. Before, the opposing team knew when we were going to pass and put 8 or 9 deep to cover it .... now, they have no idea. :bigthumb:

AZ_Steeler
08-06-2007, 10:53 AM
Nate's gotta stop palling around with Ike. Maybe he'll start catching some balls.
:hilarious: That's a good one!!

I'm on the fence when it comes to Wilson. If he continues to perform like he did in the HOF game then Santonio will have some competition and will NEED to earn that #2 spot... Santonio didn't look bad either though :bigthumb:

steelcitysfinestXL
08-06-2007, 11:04 AM
I have to say i have never been and am still not a Cedrick Wilson fan. But who ever said he was a gamer hit the nail on the head... he will be a great #3 guy. I have also never been a Nate Washington fan because he has SO much potential but plays way too inconsistanly. he should be hoping he makes this team after that performance.

PsychoWard
08-06-2007, 11:29 AM
i have always like cedrick i think he is a threat for defences and is capable of spreading the field! if he keeps playing like that he will be the #2 guy no doubt!

and just like everyone else i was dissappointed with washington you HAVE to make the easy catches there are no if and or buts about it!

BlackGold4vr
08-06-2007, 11:48 AM
Way too much criticism for Ced on this board. The dude is a "gamer" ... .he wants some action! You can't blame a WR for that ....

Ced runs excellent routes, has great hands, and is money in clutch situations. You can't ask for anything more than that from your #3 guy. I think Ced will flourish under the new Bruce Arians system. Before, the opposing team knew when we were going to pass and put 8 or 9 deep to cover it .... now, they have no idea. :bigthumb:

:plus1:

Give the man his props! If anybody got a gameball it should have been Cedric. He caught everything thrown his way and was getting separation on his defenders. I like Santonio too but some competition for the #2 WR spot is good isn't it?

WildBillSteel
08-06-2007, 11:48 AM
:hilarious: That's a good one!!

I'm on the fence when it comes to Wilson. If he continues to perform like he did in the HOF game then Santonio will have some competition and will NEED to earn that #2 spot... Santonio didn't look bad either though :bigthumb:

yea wilson looked good but santonio has the #2 job sewn up........he did nothin at all last night to cause any doubt. if wilson has a coupel more games like last night tho he'll be a shoo-in for the #3 WR. people forget that he stepped up big time during the sb run

Black@Gold Forever32
08-06-2007, 11:55 AM
:plus1:

Give the man his props! If anybody got a gameball it should have been Cedric. He caught everything thrown his way and was getting separation on his defenders. I like Santonio too but some competition for the #2 WR spot is good isn't it?

Yes competition is good.........It will only make Santonio a better player......So I'm glad Ced Wilson had a good game to push Holmes.......As for Nate he better get it together or he will be the 4th WR on this team...Plus if any of the younger WRs show anything then Nate might be off this team period..These next few weeks are huge for Nate......

GoBenGo
08-06-2007, 12:06 PM
Wilson stepped up, we need him to.
He has to be a threat for the passing game to open up.
Washington was wearing boxing gloves,obviously, Young was impressive.

SteelersfaninPhilly
08-06-2007, 02:12 PM
Washington's new nickname is stonehands. :lol:

USMCVET
08-06-2007, 07:47 PM
Santonio is going to be wicked good in the NFL!!!!

That guy has got tremendous seperation speed. That is his limiting factor. That's going to take some work to get the timing down between Ben and him. As well as Ben realizing that he needs to determine when he's chucking it to Holmes or Hines. Because Holmes can really kick in the jets and break away.

BlackGold4vr
08-06-2007, 07:58 PM
With the Bruce Arians planning to run a spread offense I think that the more threats we have the better. Teams with single threats are easier to defend against. I want Ward - Holmes - Wilson - Washington - Reid - Baker and whoever else makes the team to all have great success! Also we need to get Miller and Spaeth some touches. I still hope that the Steelers defense is able to dominate opponents but on the other hand I think that our new look offense will be better equipped to play in a shoot-out style game. Will be very exciting to watch this year!

:touchdownrun:

BlitzburghNation
08-06-2007, 09:28 PM

:ditto:
Guess alot of people forgot his play in the playoffs,,,,,,,:scratch:
Especially the denver game~~~~ :clap:
On paper #3 is Nate,,,,,,,,But so far on the field it's mr. wilson :popcorn:

K Train
08-07-2007, 09:46 PM
hater is an understatement and i will be first to step up and be president of the club

Wilson 4 for 99 yds. Not too bad!!! Looks to be worth his $1.9 mill.
4 catches.....including a 51 yard bomb against horrible new orleans DBs isnt

exactly worth 2 million dollars for a mediocre #4 WR

Nate and Reid should be worried about Walter Young.
wow not so much, this is an example of putting way to much stock into a preseason game, the very first one at that

Ced runs excellent routes, has great hands, and is money in clutch situations.
lol "gamer"

and i'll give you the routes, but great hands and clutch situations makes me laugh.....he made one catch in his life and he was 20 yards open on that flea flicker play against cincy.....

santonio is #2.....:markit:

this whole thread makes me sick, i kinda want to punch a baby reading all this love for the way overpaid mediocre scrub of a WR....just preseason people and the saints defense is sorry, he made a few plays but doing that in a meaningless game doesnt make up for 2 years of expensive disappointment

Stlrs4Life
08-07-2007, 10:34 PM
He sure did, while my boy Nate laid an egg.

Black@Gold Forever32
08-07-2007, 10:49 PM
He sure did, while my boy Nate laid an egg.

I hope Nate rebounds this week.....I like Nate Washington so much and I want him to have success....I always root for the small school guys like Nate....But those two drops just can't happen especially in a pre-season game...Both were easy catches....Hopefully Nate steps up this week.....As for Wilson.....I wouldn't mind seeing him cut...But if he plays well thats just great for the Steelers and I hope he keeps it up....

K Train
08-07-2007, 10:52 PM
i dunno, i dont think the second one was an easy one, he was in heavy traffic and batch kinda was setting him up to die....give the dude a break, he'll come through...hes not the toughest dude obviously but he can sure as hell stretch the field

Black@Gold Forever32
08-07-2007, 11:08 PM
i dunno, i dont think the second one was an easy one, he was in heavy traffic and batch kinda was setting him up to die....give the dude a break, he'll come through...hes not the toughest dude obviously but he can sure as hell stretch the field

James Jett the former Raiders WR could also stretch the field....but he wasn't a very good overall WR......:lol: Whats the use of having a guy that can stretch the field if he can't hold onto the ball?

You mention the heavy traffic with the second drop....Thats my main complete with Nate....You're in the NFL son you're going to receive contact at times when catching a pass and you have to hold onto the rock.....That second drop was just a repeat of last year...lol The first drop was just bad....:lol:

I think we both know that Nate has talent and has the potential to be a very good NFL WR.....Even Ben seems to think so....He is constantly pimp'in Nate....:lol:

If these young guys step up that means you will get your wish and Ced Wilson will be gone...lol......I wouldn't mind seeing that myself but if Ced plays well I'm all for that to since he will only help the Steelers cause by playing well.

Its only one pre-season game so you can't read to much in Wilson having a good game or Nate's two drops....I just rather see Nate play well then Ced...lol

USMCVET
08-07-2007, 11:11 PM

So could Ike Taylor.

Don't take me wrong. I REALLY like Nate and root for him to succeed.

But you even gave a 3rd example of when Wilson came through in a game.

I like Sheldon and Rasheed also.
But for this season, I gotta go with the $1.9mill to keep Cedric on.

K Train
08-07-2007, 11:14 PM
im gonna let you guys in on something, i hate cedric wilson lol

but he can stretch the field, and he can play....i know theres inconsistancy....but willie wasnt the most consistant player when he got his shot.....nate isnt good over the middle....but neither is randy moss so.....some WR are like that...he'll get better. Hes very fast and plays like hes 9 feet tall so the potential is there, i have faith our coaches will end up bringing out the best of him......damn i hate cedric wilson

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]

So could Ike Taylor.

Don't take me wrong. I REALLY like Nate and root for him to succeed.

But you even gave a 3rd example of when Wilson came through in a game.

I like Sheldon and Rasheed also.
But for this season, I gotta go with the $1.9mill to keep Cedric on.
wilson sucks, and yes he came through in a game ONCE....and he had 20 YARDS based on a trick play, ben even said hines was just as wide open but he felt sorry for cedrics sorry pathetic ***.....just not in so many words lol

Black@Gold Forever32
08-07-2007, 11:25 PM

but he can stretch the field, and he can play....i know theres inconsistancy....but willie wasnt the most consistant player when he got his shot.....nate isnt good over the middle....but neither is randy moss so.....some WR are like that...he'll get better. Hes very fast and plays like hes 9 feet tall so the potential is there, i have faith our coaches will end up bringing out the best of him......damn i hate cedric wilson

Yea Randy Moss only can go deep and he has been that type of player his whole career....But he also had 18 TD seasons....I don't think Nate will ever have that type of production....Personally I just don't want Nate to become a a guy that just stretches the field....I would like to see him become a complete WR and work on all areas of his game.....I'm not giving up on Nate by no means.....Just hope he steps it up......I know he can play....Players from Tiffin don't make it in the NFL...lol So far Nate has shown he belongs in the NFL....Now its time for him to take it to the next level...

You hate Ced Wilson since when?:lol:

[AutoMerged Post Below]

[AutoMerged Post Below]

wilson sucks, and yes he came through in a game ONCE....and he had 20 YARDS based on a trick play, ben even said hines was just as wide open but he felt sorry for cedrics sorry pathetic ***.....just not in so many words lol

Wilson also played well in the AFC title game vs the Broncos....But the 2005 play-offs is the only time Wilson has produced since he has been with the Steelers.......

His regular season stats just suck...Only 1 TD in two years...lol

USMCVET
08-07-2007, 11:40 PM
Don't get hung up on Cedrics numbers.

He pissed Ben off numerous times with his antics. Even on Prime Time TV during a game.

Ben wouldn't give him the time of day last year and even part of the year before.

I think they're attempting to mend the fence. Wilson realizes that Ben will ultimately make or break his career.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cr-steelerscamp080707

"I can't help if the quarterback doesn't throw me the ball," Wilson told the paper. "I'm running my routes, I'm doing the right things. You can't help if the quarterback doesn't throw you the ball."

Some took that as a shot at Roethlisberger, who pulled Wilson aside before Sunday's game and said, "Be ready. I'm coming to you."

And Roethlisberger did go to Wilson. After the game, the receiver insisted his comments were about taking his place as a fixture in the scheme, and not about Roethlisberger.

And I don't need to be told about Nate's potential. I've seen and know what he's capable of. That's the difference right now. Capability vs reliability.

manofsteel
08-08-2007, 01:32 AM
Ceds a pro he will make the team but lets face it with HInes and Santonio and a possible Pittsburgh Baker hes not going to get the crazy amounts of balls hes lookin for. but yes he Will show UP and He WILL make an impact on the team