PDA

View Full Version : Preseason Special Teams & Reid

BlitzburghRockCity
08-05-2007, 08:45 PM
Preseason special teams usually leave much to be desired. You have all these rookies and backups all out there trying to make the team and it tends to be a lot of helter skelter out there so if the coverage teams aren't up to snuff especially early on don't get too worried.

That being said Reid better learn how to hold onto that damn ball. He fumbled twice in the 1st quarter of the game. We don't need another Coc out there.

Black@Gold Forever32
08-05-2007, 09:46 PM
You're so right Top.......Reid didn't have a good night with returns tonight....He muffed one and then had a near fumble after a return.....He needs to step up.....

BlitzburghRockCity
08-05-2007, 10:00 PM
One thing that Koopa touched on in the game day thread...if Reid is going to be the man for us he needs to be in there all night long or atleast most of it. The more reps he gets the better because we can't have this fumbling stuff again this year, it was just a killer last year.

Black@Gold Forever32
08-05-2007, 11:23 PM
One thing that Koopa touched on in the game day thread...if Reid is going to be the man for us he needs to be in there all night long or atleast most of it. The more reps he gets the better because we can't have this fumbling stuff again this year, it was just a killer last year.

Oh I agree Reid needs to take all/most of the reps in the pre-season.......I didn't understand at all why Wilson took over on punt returns...But Reid needs to get his act together quick....This is what he was drafted for....I like his potential and I think he can be great as a return man but he has to hold onto the pigskin....

memphissteelergirl
08-06-2007, 10:38 AM
On the upside, Sepulveda looked impressive....IMHO.

WildBillSteel
08-06-2007, 10:43 AM
othr than reids fumbles, i thought the STeams looked ok.........the coverage units were way better than at any point last yr imo

Prosdo
08-06-2007, 03:33 PM
I was really disappointed in Willie Reid's performance. He needed to come out big and he didn't.

BlitzburghNation
08-06-2007, 09:13 PM
Heard on Sirius ,,,,,,,,,,,:blah:

Tomlin is really big on special teams,,,,,,,,,,,,,He will cut into special team drills
in the middle of practice !

We all know how much we need to improve our special teams & the way it sounds,Tomlin is going to do that ~~~~ :bigthumb:

DIESELMAN
08-06-2007, 09:29 PM
I agree with Reid should be in there as much as possible. This will be his first year being the return man, its not a easy job to begin with. Especially on PR's, where he is back there by himself.....I wonder if Tomlin practices ST's with having the return guy hear footsteps before he catches the ball. He needs to be put in pressure situations so he quits dropping the ball.

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
------------------------------------------------------------
As far as D-Sep goes, yeah he had a ****** average (37.3) but he banged 2 inside the 20, thats why we drafted him. :bigthumb:

USMCVET
08-06-2007, 09:39 PM
At this point, I'd take a TRASH CAN on kick returns.

One of those with a flipper lid on it.

Stlrs4Life
08-06-2007, 09:54 PM
All things considered on what ya said TG, I thinkm they performed pretty well last night. I really wasn't all that impressed with Sepulvedas punts, I don't think they weren't anything special. (No pun intended) I mean, he didn't do bad.

manofsteel
08-08-2007, 12:07 AM
I wasnt real happy with his performance either. But lets face it he hasnt had much real game playing time. He WILL get better with more reps we just have to keep our eyes open. I mean at camp hes making alot of eyebrows rise up. Lets see what happens Sat