PDA

View Full Version : Clark and Townsend to start on sunday

BlitzburghRockCity
08-03-2007, 05:18 PM
KDKA text tells us that Ryan Clark will start at Safety and Townsend will start at CB this weekend. Of course Anthony Smith and the rest of the DB's will all get playing time but it's interesting to see who Tomlin choose as the starters.

AZ_Steeler
08-03-2007, 05:27 PM
I'm sure Tomlin is going to be mixing things up this pre-season just to get a feel for all the players... Besides, we all know Anthony Smith will starting come September 9th! :D

SteelerSal
08-03-2007, 05:58 PM
Yeah I would'nt put to much stock in this. I think that Tomlin wants Smith, McFadden and the other young DB's to get more reps. He already has enough "real game experience" film to see what Townsend and Clark have to offer but not enough of the younger guys who are on the team.

Black@Gold Forever32
08-03-2007, 06:02 PM
I hope Smith and McFadden start this season......I think these two young players could add so much to the starting secondary/defense.........

BlitzburghRockCity
08-03-2007, 07:35 PM
I'm with you 32, Im pulling for both of them to be starting come September. Deshea isn't getting any younger and using him in a nickel situation would be a prime spot for him IMO. Smith just needs game experience to get better and get in sync with Troy but overall his upside is just too huge to keep him off the field forever.