PDA

View Full Version : Possible benefit of 5 preseason games

SteelerSteve
08-02-2007, 09:42 PM
I was just thinking of the possible benefit of having 5preseason games this year could be to our team as a whole. Imo it should give us that much more time to gel under our new coaching staff, and all I know is that I cant wait for sunday. I am most interested on seeing ben in action:bigthumb: By the way, has the NFL network covered the Steeler training camp already or are they even scheduled to do so?:dunno:

BlitzburghRockCity
08-02-2007, 09:45 PM
Any other year I'd call it a detriment but given the teams new direction this year 5 games will give the young guys plenty of time to work in game situations. I'd still prefer 4 overall instead of 5 but in this instance as long as the rotation of players is good this preseason it should be a benefit to us.

Black@Gold Forever32
08-02-2007, 09:48 PM
I don't think any good comes from 5 pre-season game...Its just another chance to lose players in a meaningless game....Hell I would be happy with only 2-3 pre-season games..

SteelerSteve
08-02-2007, 09:56 PM
yeah the possibility of injurie sucks, but as long as we limit the reps of key players, I think we could benefit from it. All we can do is look at the glass as half full:bigthumb: and make the most out of it.

K Train
08-02-2007, 10:03 PM
no benefit.....its to much, 4 is to much, hell 3 is to much...

BlitzburghRockCity
08-02-2007, 10:16 PM
This is going on the thought that the starters will get ample playing time to get situated but not too much that we risk undo injury. They won't play much this week anyways, we'll be lucky if we see them the whole first quarter.

I'd be happy with 3 every year but this year we've got so many young guys we almost need every chance we can get to see who's going to step up in game time situations.

DBR96A
08-02-2007, 10:19 PM
I know one benefit: We get to watch our team in action before anyone else (except Saints fans). :greengrin:

SteelerSteve
08-02-2007, 10:39 PM
I know one benefit: We get to watch our team in action before anyone else (except Saints fans). :greengrin:Yes, exactly:tt02::tt02:

manofsteel
08-03-2007, 03:33 PM
I thknk the extra game is good for our new coach Omar Epps i mean mike Tomlin and his staff to get a good grip on things. ALso it will be good for the players to even start getting some of that rythiym going early