PDA

View Full Version : Parker to miss this HOF preseason game

BlitzburghRockCity
08-01-2007, 03:16 PM
Just got a text from KDKA that Parker may miss this weekends game due to a sore knee....
***AutoMerged Post Below...***
http://kdka.com/topstories/local_story_213145813.html

Black@Gold Forever32
08-01-2007, 03:18 PM
No big deal really......Parker is having a great camp.....Its just the first pre-season game....He still has four left and the regular season...I rather be safe then sorry with Willie.....

DIESELMAN
08-01-2007, 03:19 PM
I'm hoping he just dinged it a bit, he's had it on ice the last few days. Its a wait and see thing from here on out.

Koopa
08-01-2007, 03:27 PM
running back is probably the easiest position in the nfl, sure you take a beating, but willie could miss all the preseason and still be badass and rested for the regular season...............l.t. missed it all last year lol

kgreen
08-01-2007, 03:28 PM
I have noticed a patenr with the Steelers as far as injuries go. All of them have been minor injuries, day-to-day stuff. Most of the injured players have returned, a few are still day-to-day. Now, Tomlin hasn't commented on these minor injuries, so I am guessing that it is the same with FWP. If it was serious we might have heard it by now.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-01-2007, 03:28 PM
If anyone hears anything on any of the radio shows about be sure to post up.

Personally I'd rather him sit a game like this anyways and let the younger guys fight it out for the other spots, like 32 said we still have 4 preseason games to go after this one so there is no rush, hopefully is just soreness and nothing more chronic so give him all the rest he wants.

Black@Gold Forever32
08-01-2007, 03:45 PM
If anyone hears anything on any of the radio shows about be sure to post up.

Personally I'd rather him sit a game like this anyways and let the younger guys fight it out for the other spots, like 32 said we still have 4 preseason games to go after this one so there is no rush, hopefully is just soreness and nothing more chronic so give him all the rest he wants.

Exactly Top, I know I rather see what Gary Russell and Carey Davis can do this Sunday then Willie Parker....We already know what Parker can do. Its safe to say Willie is a keeper.....:bigthumb:

BlackGold4vr
08-01-2007, 03:50 PM
No big deal really......Parker is having a great camp.....Its just the first pre-season game....He still has four left and the regular season...I rather be safe then sorry with Willie.....

:ditto:

Willie and Ben are two of the keys players we don't want to play without when the regular season starts. We have no other back who brings the big play capability like Willie does. I feel like Willie is always just a juke and a missed tackle away from a touchdown on any given play.

Stairwayto7
08-01-2007, 04:01 PM
No reason to waste him now

Mach1
08-01-2007, 04:01 PM
Lets just hope its not one of those season long nagging injury.

Hburg
08-01-2007, 04:14 PM
When is the game going to be on and what channel? If it is broadcast in Hburg and if they have me working I'm gonna have to be spending a good amount of time in the bar across the hall watching the game on their flatscreen.

BuFu

AZ_Steeler
08-01-2007, 04:17 PM
It is only a pre-season game so I'm not to concerned. It's the regular season that matters!

BuFu - the game is going to be NFLN :cursin: not sure of the time though :dunno:

steelerfan11
08-01-2007, 04:32 PM
BuFu,

Sunday night at 8 pm on the NFLN. KDKA is also suppose to put it on, which is how I will be able to see it.
***AutoMerged Post Below...***
Here is a schedule with times for the entire season (preseason also) as well as what station the games are on.

http://kdka.com/local/local_file_101142942/

BlitzburghRockCity
08-01-2007, 05:29 PM
:ditto:

Willie and Ben are two of the keys players we don't want to play without when the regular season starts. We have no other back who brings the big play capability like Willie does. I feel like Willie is always just a juke and a missed tackle away from a touchdown on any given play.

That's what's makes him so special, literally anytime he touches the ball he can take it to the house. The 3 yds and a cloud of dust days are long gone, Fast Willie is where it's at ! :towelwave:

BlacknGold Bleeder
08-01-2007, 10:10 PM
I heard an interview on the radio, Tomlin called it a "training camp knee" , a little bit of swelling and he really didn't sound concerned at all. He even said that he would not be surprised if FWP played a little on Sunday !!

BlitzburghNation
08-01-2007, 10:15 PM
Heard this on sirius this evening a & IMO i'd like for him to sit out the whole pre-season like marty sis for Ladian,,,,,,,, :bigthumb:

The way sirius was talking it's no big deal anyways,,,,,,Just a sore knee !

steelersgal86
08-02-2007, 06:39 AM
Heard this on sirius this evening a & IMO i'd like for him to sit out the whole pre-season like marty sis for Ladian,,,,,,,, :bigthumb:

The way sirius was talking it's no big deal anyways,,,,,,Just a sore knee !

Lets hope that's all it is!!!! :bigthumb:

Iron City South
08-02-2007, 09:14 AM
Parker's fine ..... typical camp fatigue. If the man looks sharpe, let 'em rest.

BmoreSteelers
08-02-2007, 10:53 AM
Parker's fine ..... typical camp fatigue. If the man looks sharpe, let 'em rest.

Yeah I agree. It sounds like its nothing to get worried about. If anything its just a breather. Tomlin knows Willie needs to stay healthy in order for the running game to be productive.

manofsteel
08-02-2007, 06:10 PM
No sense in getting Willie hurt he knows the playbook and is in good shape. He can catch up quick. Plus I think its a good time to see what goes down with Kevon and Najeh. THos two are gonna give each other a run for the money. Willie doesnt need to do much in preseason. We already saw what he can do, and hes already a proven NFL starter

K Train
08-02-2007, 06:52 PM
who cares, he would only get like 3 carries anyway, lets see the other guys for a while