PDA

View Full Version : Are you Ready for some football?

Deb
07-30-2007, 11:18 PM
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l201/Casey63_2006/steelerslogocar.jpg http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l201/Casey63_2006/neworleanssaints.jpg

Game Date/Time: Sunday, August 5th @ 8:00 PM EST
Television: NFL Network

By: Casey

It will be 182 days, a very long 182 days since the Indianapolis Colts defeated the Chicago Bears 29-17 in Super Bowl XLI. The off-season ends on Sunday night as the New Orleans Saints meet the Pittsburgh Steelers in the annual AFC-NFC Hall of Fame Game, and even though it’s only a pre season game, I’m just ready for some football.

This off-season has been a turbulent one for the NFL, as there have been allegations and accusations of murder and dog fighting against league stars; player arrests for drunk driving, spousal abuse, weapons violations, and numerous other chargers. For the first time that I can remember, words like “character” and phrases such as “off-field behavior” where as prevalent at the 2007 NFL Draft as “can’t miss prospect” and “big time play-maker”. Many NFL prospects fell numerous spots in the draft and lost millions of dollars due to off-field problems, that in days past were attributed to “just boys being boys”. The strong arm of NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has reached far in the past six months, and with his NFL Personal Conduct Policy, has shown no mercy, handing out player suspensions ranging from a few weeks to the entire season….I’m just ready for some football.

The game itself on Sunday night will probably be nothing to write home about, as it will be filled with penalities and mistakes committed by rookie players you have never heard of, and most will never be heard from again, as the starters will only play a series or two, which is customary in this game. But it is football, and we will get our first look at the Pittsburgh Steelers new head coach Mike Tomlin, who will make his head coaching debut against a New Orleans Saints team which shocked the world by advancing to the NFC Championship Game last year in their triumphant return to the Crescent City. How much of Reggie Bush, Willie Parker, Drew Brees, and Troy P will we see? Probably not a whole lot, but it will be enough to wet our appetites and get us ready for the season that lies ahead. Are you ready for some football?

For more information and history of the AFC-NFC Hall of Fame Game, please check out the following link:

http://www.profootballhof.com/enshrinement/game.jsp

CantStop85
07-31-2007, 02:01 PM
I've never been so excited to see a Steelers game...

BlitzburghRockCity
07-31-2007, 10:42 PM
I've never been so excited to see a Steelers game...

I'm excited that you're excited :lol:

SteelCityMan786
07-31-2007, 11:27 PM
Oh it's great to finally get to see some football again.

OH IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII GOT A FEELIN', PITTSBURGH'S GOIN TO DA SUPER BOWL! OH IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII GOT A FEELIN', PITTSBURGH'S GONNA WIN DA SUPER BOWL!

DIESELMAN
08-01-2007, 07:57 PM
I hope we get to see alot of Da Wood, layin the Wood!!!!!

BlacknGold Bleeder
08-01-2007, 09:40 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO !! :tt02::tt02:

BBG7
08-02-2007, 05:21 PM
I can't wait anymore...is it Sunday yet??? here we go Steelers here we go!

Hburg
08-02-2007, 08:00 PM
It's only gonna be on NFL Network!?! :cursin:

BuFu

SteelerSteve
08-02-2007, 09:31 PM
It's only gonna be on NFL Network!?! :cursin:

BuFu
dont have nfl network? thats rough man, Its the best channel out there, spike is a close second.