PDA

View Full Version : WR released.....

DIESELMAN
07-30-2007, 02:43 PM
PITTSBURGH -- The Pittsburgh Steelers released rookie wide receiver Chris Jackson on Monday.

Jackson, who played at Millsaps College in Jackson, Miss., was signed in April as an undrafted free agent.

The Steelers replaced Jackson on their roster by re-signing first-year wideout Gerran Walker.

Walker originally signed with the team in January, but was released in July.

We still got a lot more cuts to go, hopefully Barlow is next. :banana:

SteelerSal
07-30-2007, 03:27 PM
Was'nt Jackson just brought in here for a look at return duties?
I believe he was and with this news it makes me more confident that Reid is and will be 100% and ready for this season.:bigthumb:

AZ_Steeler
07-30-2007, 03:33 PM
Don't hold your breath on Reid... it always bothers me to see these first year guys with injuries that sideline them for practically the entire year. I would like to see him make through a year before giving him my confidence :)

DIESELMAN
07-30-2007, 03:53 PM
With the way Reid has been gettin hammered in practice and poppin right back up....so far so good :bigthumb:

kgreen
07-30-2007, 03:55 PM
PITTSBURGH -- The Pittsburgh Steelers released rookie wide receiver Chris Jackson on Monday.

Jackson, who played at Millsaps College in Jackson, Miss., was signed in April as an undrafted free agent.

The Steelers replaced Jackson on their roster by re-signing first-year wideout Gerran Walker.

Walker originally signed with the team in January, but was released in July.

We still got a lot more cuts to go, hopefully Barlow is next. :banana:

Along with Cedric

AZ_Steeler
07-30-2007, 03:59 PM
With the way Reid has been gettin hammered in practice and poppin right back up....so far so good :bigthumb:

:crossfingers: That is a good sign so far... Hopefully that first year was just a fluke and won't repeat itself.

SteelerSal
07-30-2007, 04:03 PM

Reid will be a factor on offense this season and not just in special teams.:bigthumb:
Next cut needs to include Wilson and Barlow.:greengrin:

Stlrs4Life
07-30-2007, 05:15 PM
I hear ya on Barlow.

K Train
07-30-2007, 07:46 PM
and wilson lol