PDA

View Full Version : What's your expectations for the HOF game?

BlitzburghRockCity
07-30-2007, 02:27 PM
What you hoping to see this weekend when we play ? Man it feels good to say that Steelers football is on again ! :cope:

Anyhow, are there certain things you're looking for this weekend, how long do you want the starters to play, etc ?

A few of my expectations are:

-Starters get atleast 1 full quarter of player
-NO INJURIES
-The OL starts to take shape as we hopefully see some members step up and begin to establish themselves.
-I want to see Woodley get in some good work and find out just what this kid can do.

TEEMONT
07-30-2007, 02:30 PM
I honestly just want to see Ben complete some passes, and see this offense start to take some shape.

The defense is going to be fine, but like TG said, I am excited to see Woodley play some ball.

introyitrust
07-30-2007, 02:36 PM
- The o-line consistently protect the QB (especially the first team)
- A pass rush
- Some big hits by guys like James Harrison, Lamar Woodley, Ty Carter, and Anthony Smith.
- A clear improvement on special teams, hopefully with Willie Reid returning punts.
- the rookies making plays

Black@Gold Forever32
07-30-2007, 02:37 PM
I was just going to start a thread about the Hall of Fame game Top....Beat me to it...lol

As for my expectations for this game.....

1. Of course no injuries........

2. I would like to see the starters for a quarter.....I don't think they play a whole quarter though.........But I still would like to see Ben and the WRs and how they're coming together as a unit......

3. Of course I'm really pumped to see young guys like Woodley, Colon and Smith.........These guys are really standing out at camp so far and can't wait to see how they progressed......I also can't wait to see Willie Reid....

4. I'm pumped to see the whole special teams units to...Of course our rookie punter.......I think there might be some fireworks on the Steelers special teams this year....I think the Steelers will have a really good special teams this year.....

It would be nice to see Timmons but I'm not expecting him to play at all......But other rookies like McBean, Spaeth,Gay and Baker I will give attention to along with some of the undrafted guys......

I know wins or losses don't matter at all in the pre-season but a Steelers win no matter what is always sweet.....

DIESELMAN
07-30-2007, 02:37 PM
Definitely would like to see the starters play for at least a quarter. I want to see the OL coming together, won't happen in one game but I would like to see some kind of foundation we can build off of. Defensive hitting, secondary and our LB's. ST's will be something to watch also...:bigthumb:

BlackGold4vr
07-30-2007, 02:41 PM
Concur with everything already said, plus I am excited to see our special teams play. From Willie Reid's punt returns to our new "Robo-Punter" Sepulveda booming kicks, to our special teams coverage on kicks. I would like our special teams to give us an edge this year because it is better than most other teams, rather than what we have grown accustomed to seeing under the Cowher regime when we closed our eyes while our special teams were on the field and prayed. :hilarious:

AZ_Steeler
07-30-2007, 03:36 PM
No Injuries
No Injuries
No Injuries
First team units at least 2 series a piece
ST Improvements
Considerable time from the Rookies to get their feet saturated.
Last but not least... no injuries! I'm not a big fan of pre-season and with this extra game it increases the likelihood of an injury.

SteelerSal
07-30-2007, 03:36 PM
I am looking forward to seeing the O-line and whether they have improved from last season.
I'd like to see what the young undrafted runningbacks have to offer for this team and I hope Barlow never sniffs the feild.
Wanna see a good battle with the young wide receivers so that they can push Wilson off of the roster.
1st team should play a qaurter so they can gel under real game situations since there is a new offense that has been installed.
I want to see Timmons perform well and I think we all know Woodley will make his presence felt.
I want to see if the tightends are actually gonna be used, for a change.

strong D
07-30-2007, 03:48 PM
i wanna see IKE and just hope he looks sharp like the shutdown corner he can be I also agree with what everyone else has posted

steel0786
07-30-2007, 03:52 PM
:tt02:I'm surprised to see that no one mentioned anything bout Tomlin. I'm excited and very interested to see how Tomlin is handling the team and what his plans are. I've heard great things coming out of training camp and what he's doing. I can't wait to see how that translates on the field.:tt02:

BlackGold4vr
07-30-2007, 03:57 PM
Of course I would like to see us win but I believe that player evaluation is more important in these pre-season games. I would love to see that the final 53 man roster was made up of the best 53 players based on skills and not on politics and who those players knew or what their contract status was. Nothing is more frustrating than seeing good players cut to keep players who were part of the coaches click but who never contributed (Duce Staley). I hope every player who makes the final roster does so on the merits of their play on the field. :clap:

Stlrs4Life
07-30-2007, 05:17 PM
No injuries, OL line play to be decent, and some hard hitting.

SteelerSal
07-30-2007, 05:25 PM
:tt02:I'm surprised to see that no one mentioned anything bout Tomlin. I'm excited and very interested to see how Tomlin is handling the team and what his plans are. I've heard great things coming out of training camp and what he's doing. I can't wait to see how that translates on the field.:tt02:

:plus1: Great and very important point, steel0786.

SteelersWoman
07-30-2007, 05:54 PM
I'll just be happy to see our guys back on the field--but pretty much most of the wishes listed above as well lol

DBR96A
07-30-2007, 06:08 PM
WHAT I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING

1. An INT-free evening from Ben Roethlisberger
2. At least one TD pass from Roethlisberger
3. At least two passes from Roethlisberger to TEs
3. Consistent pass-blocking to match the run-blocking
4. The RBs below Najeh Davenport sort themselves out
5. The WRs below Santonio Holmes sort themselves out
6. LaMarr Woodley kicking *** at LOLB
7. At least one INT from Ike Taylor
8. At least one bone-crunching hit from either of our Ss
9. Daniel Sepulveda hanging opposing PRs out to dry
10. What 11-on-10 punt coverage looks like

:helmet:

SteelersfaninPhilly
07-30-2007, 06:27 PM
1. No injuries
2. Solid Special Team play
3. Stop opposing offenses on 3rd down.
4. Solid couple series from ben.
5. Will we really use the TE's?

DIESELMAN
07-30-2007, 06:27 PM
I hope every player who makes the final roster does so on the merits of their play on the field. :clap:

No doubt!! :plus1:

6. LaMarr Woodley kicking *** at LOLB
7. At least one INT from Ike Taylor
8. At least one bone-crunching hit from either of our Ss
9. Daniel Sepulveda hanging opposing PRs out to dry

:plus1: :cope::cope::cope::cope::cope:

SteelerSal
07-30-2007, 06:34 PM
From another thread;

In practice Tuesday he worked on a special kick he does from inside the opponent's 40-yard line.

Adapted from Australian football, rugby, it's called the "Aussie roll." Instead of holding the ball with the point facing toward the goal line, Sepulveda holds it with the point facing down. When he kicks it, the ball rotates like a kickoff instead of sailing like a punt.

It is designed to hit near the goal line and bounce up or back. In practice Tuesday, Sepulveda consistently had it bounce that way.

Aside from his booming punts, I can't wait to see D-sep lead the league with punts inside the 20 yd line.

DIESELMAN
07-30-2007, 06:49 PM
From another thread;

Aside from his booming punts, I can't wait to see D-sep lead the league with punts inside the 20 yd line.
He'll also lead the league in "returners runnin off the field skeered" :banana:

Prosdo
07-30-2007, 06:52 PM
I'm interested to see Ben and the defense.

K Train
07-30-2007, 07:51 PM
i hope to see D-sep punt to reggie bush and then kill him

BRICKTOWN BEAST
07-30-2007, 08:33 PM
1. Sepuvelda Booming kicks
2. LaMarr Woodley and Anthony Smith
3. How our RB's are looking and how great Davenport got and also would like to get a good look at John Kuhn
4. Willie Ried and Santanio Holmes
5. I just want to see a Ben Roethlisberger's rocket passes again
6. How our offense looks and how we utilize the TE's
7. How many people will Wille Colon be laying out

BLACKNGOLD4LIFE
07-30-2007, 08:58 PM
i concur with what everyone has said i just want 2 c if the offense is on the same page i read some more on mike tomlin an i just want 2 say HaleluYah 4 the rooneys picking this guy he's special an will reward the steelers with multiple superbowls this guy is very dedicated 2 what he does.........pittsburgh will b an breath of fresh air 2 watch this season an i believe that they will go 12-4 this year as long as they don't have no major injuries the skies the limit 4 this team......................here we go steelers here we go

Koopa
07-30-2007, 09:17 PM
i wanna see nfl network go out so y'all can all suffer like me lol

i don't want the first team to play much cause they still have four more games

i want to see willie reid on special teams

and wanna see d-sep punt

i wanted to see timmons but he's a bum lol

K Train
07-30-2007, 09:21 PM
i wanna see nfl network go out so y'all can all suffer like me lol

cause thats easier than you just saying "i want nfl network"? lol